Parents voice concerns on violence in...

Parents voice concerns on violence in schools

There are 46 comments on the The Deming Headlight story from Sep 21, 2008, titled Parents voice concerns on violence in schools. In it, The Deming Headlight reports that:

There is a problem in Deming Public Schools, parents and students told the district Board of Education at its monthly meeting, Thursday, at the Emmett Shockley Administration Building, 400 Cody Road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Deming Headlight.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jamie

United States

#46 Sep 27, 2008
yea, thats me. My girl friend was in love with the greengo wrestler

who are you
Border Native

Florissant, CO

#47 Sep 28, 2008
Mexicans play basketball? Do the lower the rims for them to 7 feet or something? I thought they all were in track and field. 100 yard sprint, hurdles, high jump. Stuff that got them across the border fneces in the first place.
Briana

United States

#49 Sep 28, 2008
The students, and/or youth, that are posting here and are being disrespectful are just a small example of the problem in any public school. Kids that are disrespectful of everyone/anyone, including their own parents, says a great deal of where the problems lie...it's the parents. Of course, kids of this prevailing behavioral attitude are not born this way, they are allowed to become this way. In most of the cases however, the unattached parents are the ones at fault for the insubordinate comportment of their kids. It's amazing to still see and hear that parents today do not understand their powers of persuasion, or influence toward their kids. And, because of that ignorance, or parental indolence, they allow their kids to rule the roost and cause choas at every available opportunity. If the parents would repeatedly instruct their kids, and I'll emphasize 'repeatedly', then we'd see an entirely different student body, all done by the hands of the parents. Kids need constant guidance, even into the late teens. Understand parents that your kids have been in a 'public institution' almost daily for about 6 - 8 hours, and whatever bad habits your kids have been exposed to should be removed by you; And the only way that you can do that is thru constant communication and a constant reminder of what is right and wrong, and what you expect of them. However, if a parent has been instilling early on within their kids proper social behavior, then by the time they are in their late teens issues such as, fighting, name-calling, bullying, will more than likely not be occuring. Parenting is a 24/7 job and it begins at the beginning...not when they're about to go out into society as a legal-aged citizen. It's the biggest priority and responsibility you as a parent will have. Please take advantage of that and use it wisely, because everything your kid does is a response of who you are to them. By the time they reach elementary they should already understand that to live in this society they must be compliant with authority, beginning with yours and with every single authoritative figure that WILL be in their lives. The parents that are concerned with violence in school are rightly concerned, but make sure that you aren't inadvertently being a contributor to the violence by not strictly disciplining your own kid in your own home, because that is were it all begins.
Border Native

Florissant, CO

#50 Sep 28, 2008
No need for name calling,

Aren't you a little too far north? Like a country too far north?
You best be careful lest I call ICE on you.....
Concerned

El Paso, TX

#51 Sep 28, 2008
Briana wrote:
The students, and/or youth, that are posting here and are being disrespectful are just a small example of the problem in any public school. Kids that are disrespectful of everyone/anyone, including their own parents, says a great deal of where the problems lie...it's the parents. Of course, kids of this prevailing behavioral attitude are not born this way, they are allowed to become this way. In most of the cases however, the unattached parents are the ones at fault for the insubordinate comportment of their kids. It's amazing to still see and hear that parents today do not understand their powers of persuasion, or influence toward their kids. And, because of that ignorance, or parental indolence, they allow their kids to rule the roost and cause choas at every available opportunity. If the parents would repeatedly instruct their kids, and I'll emphasize 'repeatedly', then we'd see an entirely different student body, all done by the hands of the parents. Kids need constant guidance, even into the late teens. Understand parents that your kids have been in a 'public institution' almost daily for about 6 - 8 hours, and whatever bad habits your kids have been exposed to should be removed by you; And the only way that you can do that is thru constant communication and a constant reminder of what is right and wrong, and what you expect of them. However, if a parent has been instilling early on within their kids proper social behavior, then by the time they are in their late teens issues such as, fighting, name-calling, bullying, will more than likely not be occuring. Parenting is a 24/7 job and it begins at the beginning...not when they're about to go out into society as a legal-aged citizen. It's the biggest priority and responsibility you as a parent will have. Please take advantage of that and use it wisely, because everything your kid does is a response of who you are to them. By the time they reach elementary they should already understand that to live in this society they must be compliant with authority, beginning with yours and with every single authoritative figure that WILL be in their lives. The parents that are concerned with violence in school are rightly concerned, but make sure that you aren't inadvertently being a contributor to the violence by not strictly disciplining your own kid in your own home, because that is were it all begins.
Very well said..I have to agree with you and I am glad you summed it up in a nut shell..Kudos to you Briana
Thanks but no Thanks

United States

#52 Sep 29, 2008
Child, please say something of value for us to discuss.
no need for name calling wrote:
jaime your a piece of crap I remember you!!! are still dorky as hell are you still mad your girlfriend was in love with all the mexican basket ball players cry you piece cry!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thursday Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Judge tosses DJ's suit against Taylor Swift in ... Aug '17 Hostis Publicus 4
News Clique lead guitarist Cooper Hawthorne dies two... (Jan '08) Jun '17 John 3
News Denver FBI honors youth program partly funded b... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Hostis Publicus 5
News 1Trumpa s inaugural concert: The weird, the pat... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Rev Cash Dollar 1
News Wiener mania! Plus 26 more things to do in San ... (Nov '16) Nov '16 LOL 4
News Thursday added 2nd NJ show; United Nations play... (Sep '16) Sep '16 UNESCO 1
News IAAF issues guidelines on Russian track athletes (Jun '16) Jul '16 PUTINs JUNKIES 4
More from around the web