IMAC's closing marks the end of the m...

IMAC's closing marks the end of the mom-and-pop music hall era

There are 3 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 26, 2009, titled IMAC's closing marks the end of the mom-and-pop music hall era. In it, Newsday reports that:

Former Newsday music critic Wayne Robins is a freelance writer. The closing of the Inter-Media Art Center, a longtime showcase for innovative popular music in Huntington, saddened fans throughout the region who will miss its quality programming, state-of-the-art sound and welcoming ambience.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

George Carlin

Mill Valley, CA

#1 Jun 27, 2009
Procol Harum Rules ! Mr. Lovell also traveled to L.A. for Procol Harum in 2003, where the band jammed at B.B. King's Club and Mr. Lovell read from his opus. Lynbrook, L.I. Rocks ! Go Owls !
Anvil

Gateshead, UK

#2 Jun 28, 2009
You can get a whole book by Mr. Lovell about Procol Harum shows. I got it at http://www.btpstore.com/product_info.php/prod...
SadDude

Howard Beach, NY

#3 Jun 29, 2009
I will miss the IMAC theater, its staff, and its offering of music. Even though there are others around, nothing can compare to the atmosphere and intimacy you could feel in that theater.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Third World Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 8th Annual Caribfest Coming to Town Point Park (Aug '13) Aug '13 Nickesha Martin 1
News Bunny Wailer cancels on Reggae fest (Aug '10) Aug '13 Timothy Banda in ... 2
News New album from Delly Ranx (Jul '12) Jul '12 munchymar 1
News Rochester's Thunder Body to open Lilac Festival (May '11) May '11 Michael Yevtuck 5
News Isaacs, reggae singer, 60 (Oct '10) Oct '10 SlumLord 1
News Bele Chere moves ticketed shows to Memorial Sta... (Apr '08) Jul '09 Kristin 24
News Chicago murders (Sep '08) Sep '08 liz from michigan 5
More from around the web