Prolific pianist jazzed up about home...

Prolific pianist jazzed up about hometown | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 2 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Prolific pianist jazzed up about hometown | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

COLUMBUS JAZZ ORCHESTRA: SOUTHERN THEATRE, 21 E. MAIN ST. SHOWTIMES 8 tonight through Saturday night and 2 and 7:30 p.m. Sunday TICKETS $41 to $49 Five years ago, Allen Toussaint's beloved hometown was destroyed by Hurricane Katrina.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Since: Mar 10

Columbus, OH

#1 Oct 28, 2010
Welcome to Columbus, Mr.Toussaint. I hope you find some inspiration here.
Random

Columbus, OH

#2 Oct 28, 2010
Mayorarnett wrote:
Welcome to Columbus, Mr.Toussaint. I hope you find some inspiration here.
You said it. We are fortunate to have not only this visit, but the CJO and its talented members to bring in and perform with Toussaint for our community. I so wish I had time to catch one of these performances.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Thelonious Monk Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Jackson (Jazz) Revisited Apr '16 Penguins 1
News NYC jazz scene staple brought whimsy to Winnipeg (Jun '15) Jun '15 Vidio Jerkovski 1
News Crssd, new underground dance music festival, de... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
News At 80, jazz legend Wayne Shorter relishes the c... (Oct '13) Dec '13 fenerbahce 2
News Hancock launches International Jazz Day (Mar '12) Mar '12 Johnny Childs 1
News At 85, Buffalo jazz legend Boyd Dunlop finally ... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Really 5
News Soul Fest brings food, music and fun to Audubon... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Sadira Snape 10
More from around the web