VH1To Honor Ice Cube, Other Hip Hop A...

VH1To Honor Ice Cube, Other Hip Hop Artists

There are 6 comments on the Starpulse News Blog story from Jul 17, 2006, titled VH1To Honor Ice Cube, Other Hip Hop Artists. In it, Starpulse News Blog reports that:

"VH1 Hip Hop Honors" will pay tribute to hip-hop artist and actor Ice Cube as latest honoree at the 3rd annual event.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Starpulse News Blog.

DONNA

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#1 Aug 1, 2006
I am interested in attending the VH1 Hip Hop Honors. Can you tell me where I can purchase tickets? My e-mail address is
[email protected] y.mil
Any information would be greatly appreciated
Asha

New York, NY

#2 Sep 13, 2006
If you find out about Hip hop honors please e-mail me - [email protected]
Method Man

Hamburg, Germany

#3 Sep 28, 2006
Wu-Tang Clan 4eva
Method Man

Hamburg, Germany

#4 Sep 28, 2006
ticaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaall
EMW NAPTOWN

Fishers, IN

#5 Oct 13, 2006
My top 25 Rappers of All time are:(Tupac) 1.(Notorious B.I.G) 2.(Too Short) 3. first rapper from the Westcoast. 25 years in the game and still going platinum. He never gets credit he deserves and never gets video and radio play and still goes platinum what rapper you know does that.(Wu Tang Clan) 4.(Spice 1) 5. One of the best Westcoast/ Bat area gangsta rappers ever he put the Bay area on the map as far as Gangsta rap.(Nas) 6.(Erick B & Rakim) 7.(Scarface) 8.(Deathrow Records 1992-1996 Dre, Snoop, Daz & Kurupt, Warren G & Nate Dog, Pac, RBX & Rage) 9.(Ice Cube) 10.(Suave House Records 1992-1999 Eightball & MJG from Memphis, Tenn, Mr. Mike & the South Circle Click from Houston, TX) 11.(The D.O.C.)12.(Eazy - E) 13.(KRS One) 14.(EPMD) 15.(Mobb Deep) 16.(No Limit Records 1996 until early 1999)17.(Big Daddy Kane) 18.(Slick Rick & Doug - Fresh) 19. Slick Rick is one of the best story tellers if not the best story tellers in the rap game. Doug - E - Fresh one of the best B - Boxers I've ever heard. B -Box is a lost artform we need this back badly in hip hop.(Big Punisher) 20. 1st Latino Rap Artist to go Multi Platinum and one of the best rhymers in mainstream rap history.(Big L) One of the greatest eastcoast gangsta rappers ever. 21.(C - Bo) 22. One of the greatest West coast/Bay area gangsta rappers ever.(LL Cool J) 23. not really a fan of the his but longevity speaks for itself 20 years in the rap game and he is still going platinum.(E - 40) 24. What can I say he has his own slang.(Bone Thugs - N - Harmony) 25.
EMW NAPTOWN

Fishers, IN

#6 Oct 13, 2006
ATTENTION!! Cam just killed jay-z by putting all the song lyrics jay-z stole. We knew about the biggie lines. But he stole from snoop, slick rick, and say it ain't so. Nas himself. WOW!!!!!
It's gettin ugly. Nas is right Hip Hop is dead. Hip Hop Died in March of 1997 that was the end of the Biggie & 2 Pac era and gangsta rap. Gangsta rap will come back because I said so. Real cat's like me is sick and tired of the braggin rappers talking about what clothes they wear and how much money hey got what car they drive and the bling. I miss cats like Spice 1 for example. Back when 2pac & Biggie was alive people wrote original lyrics cause they knew they had to step up their game. Now after their untimely deaths for example people like Jay - Z copied all of Norious B.I.G.'s rhymes and little kids and teenagers and sadly adults think it's all original when youre listening to Biggie Smalls lyrics out of the mouth of Jay -Z. Reasonable doubt is Jay-Z's best CD cause it was the most original CD he ever wrote. Basicly after the Hard Knock Life album thats when the copying started and Jay Z is not the only one. The best era in hip hop was 1988 until March of 1997. Now back to Nas, Nas is one of the best emcees ever, Maybe in the top 3-10. Nas once again will drop another classic so get ready. American record companies are so stupid because they think the only rappers come from New York, California, Little St. Louis, Little Atlanta, Texas & Florida. That's why hip hop is dead there is no variety no more. I want to hear the Old west Coast Gangsta Rap emerge again and the late 80's & 1990's New York Hip sound. I dont care if Scarface don't want to be King of the south because I'm making him king of the south because he is the true KING of the south no disrepect to T.I. because T.I. has tight flows but I aint scared of speaking my mind from email or face to face. Record companies need to come to Indianapolis, Indiana AKA NAP TOWN and check out our Emcee's because we have a diffrent and unique and orginal sound and there are so many great under ground rappers from the NAP who are independently dropping albums that are classics. People for years overlooked us, rappers came and made money off of us but didnt give us no advice or try to put us on like they do the same ol New York, California, Texas, Atlanta, Florida & St Louis. In the near future NAP TOWN is going to take the rap game by force so you cant hold us down any longer haters. Indianapolis, Indiana is not cornfields it's the 9th Largest city in the US with skyscapers and we have many hoods from the North, South, West and back to the East side where I stay. Naptown wrote the book on street life.
Indianapolis - the home of:
Mike Epps - Comedian/Actor.
Vivica Fox - Actress.
David Letterman - Late night talk show host.
Babyface - R&B singer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Wu-Tang Clan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bitter Pill Turing Pharma Ceo Shkreli arrested ... (Dec '15) Jul '16 jeff halper for prez 4
News Martin Shkreli arrested by FBI on securities fr... (Dec '15) Feb '16 solidarity 10
News 50 Cent's Net Worth In 2015: $155 Million (May '15) May '15 KnutesNiche 1
News The Forbes Five: Hip-Hop's Wealthiest Artists 2015 (May '15) May '15 The Wonder of You 1
News Forbes Five Hip-Hop Rich List 2015: Preview & C... (May '15) May '15 Lady Madonna 3
News Texas Showdown Tattoo & Music Festival offers a... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Becky Martinez 2
News How rap reveals trends in DRUGS: Graphs show ho... (May '14) May '14 DeathChamberzMusic 3
More from around the web