Zonya Love Debuts as Celie in 'Purple' Jan.9 with Chaka Khan, Winans & Jones

Dec 19, 2007 Full story: BroadwayWorld.com Featured Content

Wednesday, December 19, 2007; Posted: 1:34 PM - by BWW News Desk The producers of The Color Purple are pleased to announce that Zonya Love will make her Broadway debut as Celie in the smash hit musical starting ... via BroadwayWorld.com Featured Content

Full Story
Jeremy Johnson

Whitsett, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2008
I am exceedingly grateful to God and proud of my youngest sister, Zonya Love. She is so courageous and diligent. As a result, the world the Creator has placed her in an awesome position to bless the world to receive an ounce of the joy she harbours inside. I love you, Zonya, with all my heart..and I have friends praying for you as you debut tonight...people who don't even know you, but who soon will. Stay positive and focused and allow God to bless you. This is your season.

Love,

J. Johnson
Jeremy Johnson

Whitsett, NC

#2 Jan 13, 2008
Alright!!! The review is in! So it's 11:30 p.m. Sunday evening and I have just returned to North Carolina from New York City. The purpose of my trip: To visit my sister Zonya Love and view her performance as the Star of the Color Purple, on Broadway, of course. I dare say, that I am still in a comatose state, though not lethargic, as I have had a chance to witness first hand, the amazing glory of God, Herself. Zonya Love is a Star. From the very beginning of the "Color Purple" to the closing number, Zonya Love, shines as the Brightest Star. Her voice is impeccable. Zonya is showing to the world that you can come from humble beginnings and achieve your wildest dreams. The cast of the Color Purple is absolutely fabulous. The musical score is phenomenally orchestrated...and truthfully, there really aren't words to describe just how amazing this show is.... It is a MUST EXPERIENCE for your self...!!!!
Toni Leech

AOL

#3 Mar 10, 2008
Zonya, You probably don't remember me. I did the costumes for "Children of Eden" at Riverside Theatre in Vero Beach. I just wanted you to know how happy I am for you! Happy, but not surprised. You are a lovely young woman and a stunning talent. It was a blessing to know you and a pleasure to work with you. And it is a thrill to see that you have "made it"! Congratulations!!!!
Signorella Brueggeman

Vero Beach, FL

#4 Mar 11, 2008
Zonya, I watched you perform as "Eve' at Riverside Theatre in Florida as well.I never forgot your AMAZING voice. I often wondered where you were singing now. I am so happy that you are able to share your great talent with the world. God bless you.
Marcus Shaw

Asheville, NC

#5 Apr 15, 2008
Well, I can go back a lil further than that...Back to elementary school when we did "Sarafina" at St. Mark. Zonya was my neighbor for a number of years and I remember her doing that skit when we were in school... I still remember me and her getting into a physical fight over a game of kickball. But congrats girl...I'm proud of you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Winans Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vickie Winans Launches Jewelry Creations Line (Jan '14) Jan '14 poncho 1
Vicki Winans launches new album to monumental f... (Aug '06) Aug '13 Lynn hobb 19
One Night Only: Bebe Winans to perform solo at ... (May '13) May '13 Zethu Magwaza 3
Music Producer Michael Winans Jr. sentenced 14 ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Publius 4
Vince Gill and Amy Grant Make Spirits Bright at... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Dana from Ohio 1
EXCLUSIVE: Cece Winans Talks for First Time abo... (Jun '12) Jun '12 helen john oweh 1
Marvin Winans Talks About Whitney, Carjacking a... (Jun '12) Jun '12 sophia 4
More from around the web