finally some one asked him the questi...

finally some one asked him the question!

There are 49 comments on the yahoo.com story from Nov 22, 2009, titled finally some one asked him the question! . In it, yahoo.com reports that:

FINALLY SOME ONE ASKED HIM THE QUESTION! YESTERDAY ON "ABC-TV" DURING THE "NETWORK SPECIAL ON HEALTH CARE". OBAMA WAS ASKED: "MR. PRESIDENT WILL YOU AND YOUR FAMILY GIVE UP YOUR CURRENT HEALTH CARE PROGRAM AND JOIN THE NEW 'UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE PROGRAM' THAT THE REST OF US WILL BE ON ?" (BET YOU ALREADY KNOW THE ANSWER) THERE WAS A STONEY SILENCE AS OBAMA IGNORED THE QUESTION AND CHOSE NOT TO ANSWER IT! IN ADDITION, A NUMBER OF SENATORS WERE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION AND THEIR RESPONSE WAS. "WE WILL THINK ABOUT IT." AND THEY DID. IT WAS ANNOUNCED TODAY ON THE NEWS THAT THE " KENNEDY HEALTH CARE BILL " WAS WRITTEN INTO THE NEW HEALTH CARE REFORM INITIATIVE ENSURING THAT THAT CONGRESS WILL BE 100% EXEMPT. SO, THIS GREAT NEW HEALTH CARE PLAN THAT IS GOOD FOR YOU AND ME IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR OBAMA , HIS FAMILY OR CONGRESS? WE (THE AMERICAN PUBLIC) NEED TO STOP THIS PROPOSED DEBACLE ASAP! THIS IS TOTALLY WRONG! PERSONALLY, I CAN ONLY ACCEPT A UNIVERSAL HEALTH CARE OVERHAUL THAT EXTENDS TO EVERYONE, NOT JUST US LOWLY CITIZENS. WHILE THE WASHINGTON "ELITE" KEEP RIGHT ON WITH THEIR GOLD-PLATED HEALTH CARE COVERAGES. If you don't pass this around, may you enjoy his Plan!

Join the discussion below, or Read more at yahoo.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
old and forgotten

Allen Park, MI

#1 Nov 23, 2009
If the powers that think they be won't accept the health care they are pushing on us peon's makes me wonder What is in store for us ????? I'm afeared when all is said and done I won't only be old and forgotten but sick with doctors administering no tests, not meds and not form of pain comfort then my name will change to old forgotten dead man.
OverHome boy

Morristown, TN

#2 Nov 23, 2009
old and forgotten wrote:
If the powers that think they be won't accept the health care they are pushing on us peon's makes me wonder What is in store for us ????? I'm afeared when all is said and done I won't only be old and forgotten but sick with doctors administering no tests, not meds and not form of pain comfort then my name will change to old forgotten dead man.
You know that they are not going to accept the same coverage that we are going to have to or be fined. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer. Way to go washington.
buku

Oak Ridge, TN

#3 Nov 23, 2009
thats because there poop dont stank,or so they think.
pole

Lexington, SC

#4 Nov 23, 2009
what do you think about your great president now Jenkins??? I think he speaks for himself..
Clyde

United States

#5 Nov 23, 2009
ya old harry, and princess polosi, and the muslem president. that's all we need ,did u know we have a muslim senitor and 2 muslims in homeland security ? well i guess the bible is true they r taking us over , and were setting and doing nuthing about it .
i hope the dems wake up before it's to late .

“Its me again lol”

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#6 Nov 23, 2009
they just all suck
Carwreck

Allen Park, MI

#7 Nov 23, 2009
Was that what thaT BIG "WOOOOSHING" sound was????
How far ya reckon it sucked them??? ooooo the pity!!!!!
correction

Knoxville, TN

#8 Nov 23, 2009
Carwreck wrote:
Was that what thaT BIG "WOOOOSHING" sound was????
How far ya reckon it sucked them??? ooooo the pity!!!!!
Oh no no no. The sucking sound you hear is the Bush oil empire still sucking oil out of Iraq.........you know the country Bush Invaded, killed hundreds of thousands of Iraq people in the name of "weapons of mass destruction", then did not EVEN pretend to find any. If we had back what BUSH spent on that decieving war, we could provide health coverage for all our citizens that don't have any for a LONG, LONG time!!! But then ya'll already know that.
Overtaxed

Duffield, VA

#9 Nov 23, 2009
Well, it is an outrage that the President and the Congress are going to exempt themselves from the program. There is no excuse for their failure to participate. This MAY be something that emerges in the final bill and I hope an amendment is offered by SOMEONE to compel them to.
Having said that, I think they should ALSO be required to participate in Social Security, something that Federal lawmakers are also EXEMPT from. Having them exempt does not mean that I do not want to be in the Social Security system, and I am sure that to the uninsured in this County, those with preexisting conditions and those who can never afford the premiums on a conventional health insurance policy, ANYTHING is better than nothing, no matter who participates. I an not in love with EITHER proposal put forth by our leaders in Washington. I would prefer giving everyone who wants to, the ability to buy into Medicare. The system already exists, the costs are well known and the implementation could take place very quickly. No matter what is done, it has to be better than having at least twenty MILLION of our fellow citizens without any form of health insurance and one sickness away from bankruptcy.

“Its me again lol”

Location hidden

#10 Nov 24, 2009
On the new bill your going to PAY taxes 5years before it goes into effect. 5 years of our tax money to do what? If you got any sense you know it wont be used on health insurance lol.
Overtaxed

Duffield, VA

#11 Nov 24, 2009
randyinsneedvegas wrote:
On the new bill your going to PAY taxes 5years before it goes into effect. 5 years of our tax money to do what? If you got any sense you know it wont be used on health insurance lol.
There are still TWO proposals, the House bill taxes Single taxpayers with a net income OVER $250,000.00 and families with a net income of $500,000.00 or more. The second proposal currently being discussed in the Senate taxes Healthcare insurance plans which cost employers or policyholders OVER $17,000.00. Neither proposal has YET passed but if EITHER version or combination were to pass tomorrow, not a single person I know would pay ANY more taxes as a result. On the contrary, with the sliding scale in the House version, MANY of my family, friends and neighbors would get health insurance at a reasonable cost (or no cost at all).
I still think that the Congress and the President should be required to participate in the program, but you will forgive me if I do not feel sorry for the increased taxes for those who make the salaries and benefits I outlined above, they certainly will not elicit much sympathy from many others, while millions of Americans do without the healthcare they desperately need.
buku

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Nov 24, 2009
borrow from peter to pay paul?i have never known of that working right.still i would allways rather see it going to our people than to other countries.
common sense

New Tazewell, TN

#13 Nov 25, 2009
the poor don,t pay income taxes. my wish is that all have health care and a good quality of life . what worries me is the income they are taxing is that of small business people that create most of the jobs . i don,t know the solution on health care but we have to have employment for the necessity of life.
mamawoverhome

United States

#14 Nov 25, 2009
common sense wrote:
the poor don,t pay income taxes. my wish is that all have health care and a good quality of life . what worries me is the income they are taxing is that of small business people that create most of the jobs . i don,t know the solution on health care but we have to have employment for the necessity of life.
great post
Overtaxed

Duffield, VA

#15 Nov 25, 2009
common sense wrote:
You are right that the poor do not pay income taxes, but... the poor already have health insurance paid for by you and me. This program is for those who are working and, for a number of reasons, do not have coverage. If small business people wish to keep good employees, they need to (and want to)provide healthcare coverage for them . EVERYONE knows that that is getting harder and harder for small business (and any business) to pay for. IF this program works as planned, these employees will be able to get coverage in insurance pools which will lower these costs to employers and employees. I do not know of a single employer who does not wish they could provide their employees health insurance coverage. The problem is that the massive cost increases are impossible to continue to absorb by small companies.
I also know of no "small business" around here that NETS over $250,000.00 in salary for it's owner, but I know MANY working taxpayers who do not have a dime of coverage because neither they nor their employers can AFFORD to pay for it. If ever there was a situation that cries out for government intervention, this is it. I just pray that IF those so vehemently opposed to this program, succeed in killing it, they never find themselves in the shoes of the uninsured. If they do I hope they ask if those "small business" owners that they helped save taxes for, will chip in and pay their hospital bills .
pole

Lexington, SC

#16 Nov 25, 2009
correction wrote:
<quoted text>Oh no no no. The sucking sound you hear is the Bush oil empire still sucking oil out of Iraq.........you know the country Bush Invaded, killed hundreds of thousands of Iraq people in the name of "weapons of mass destruction", then did not EVEN pretend to find any. If we had back what BUSH spent on that decieving war, we could provide health coverage for all our citizens that don't have any for a LONG, LONG time!!! But then ya'll already know that.
"Weapons of mass destruction"? What do you think Sadam was??? That is on weapon of mass destruction!!!!
Lichy

Houston, TX

#17 Nov 25, 2009
pole wrote:
<quoted text>
"Weapons of mass destruction"? What do you think Sadam was??? That is on weapon of mass destruction!!!!
If Saddam was the Iraqi version of WMD ,GWB was the great American version.

“Its me again lol”

Location hidden

#18 Nov 25, 2009
What do you call Obammy oh he is a pocket rocket.
correction

Knoxville, TN

#19 Nov 25, 2009
pole wrote:
<quoted text>
To my knowledge, and I watch the news..... there were NO WMD found,.....none. There were buildings thought to have produced chamical agents. And I believe Sadam was a cruel ruler at times, even though I believe the cruelty there now may be worse indirectly than it was under his rule. From talking to aquaintances and a friend whos son served in Iraq, the main objective involved in being there was to gain control of, and secure their OIL wells and supply. As for as the "take over" of Iraq and how that affected the security of our nation, I don't see much difference.......do you? Bush and Chenney have a FEW more "ASSETS" though!!!
common sense

New Tazewell, TN

#20 Nov 25, 2009
i believe the wording was make 250.000 not net it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Temptations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Motown Tribute comes to the city auditorium Apr 7 Octobus 1
News Smokey Robinson Enlists Mary J. Blige, John Leg... (Aug '14) Aug '14 LLL 1
News These 22 Lost Classics Of Motown Deserve To Be ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 DALE 1
Temptations The 50 Greatest Songs 3 cd set (Jan '14) Jan '14 mike 1
News Dallas Theater to Host Sock Hop (Aug '13) Aug '13 Patricia McCollum 1
News Rolling Stones rock small LA club ahead of tour (Apr '13) Apr '13 stonesdvdcom 2
News Yesterday, today, forever: 50 years after Motow... (Sep '09) Feb '13 The Chi Lites Son 2
More from around the web