Deal reached for Cypress Gardens passholders unhappy park is cl...

There are 3 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Deal reached for Cypress Gardens passholders unhappy park is cl.... In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

Declaring that owners are continuing to develop a program for Cypress Gardens season passholders who lost their autumn and winter seasons to an unexpected early park closing, Rob Harper, co-owner of the Winter ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
okstevens

Cleveland, OH

#28 Dec 26, 2008
I agree that it is just a matter of time before the land is developed. This was set into motion when they made the purchase. The Indians are gone without a fight from the city and this will lend a blow to attendance at Cypress. Baseball was so much a part of the area. The city said they lost money with major league baseball in town. Ask Beef O' Bradys or any other business what they think. Plus why would you close for March? This is the time that the sno-birds and their check books arrive.
What's the draw now? Winter Haven and the Polk County area is a great place with much to offer to visitors. What will make anyone pull off Rt 4 to come to the area? They will be driving right by now. Pity, isn't it?
PkD

Orlando, FL

#29 Dec 29, 2008
okstevens wrote:
What will make anyone pull off Rt 4 to come to the area? They will be driving right by now. Pity, isn't it?
Finally a silver lining in the closing! Last thing we need is more traffic. I don't want to be another Orlando
whatever

Bolivar, MO

#30 Jan 4, 2009
PkD wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally a silver lining in the closing! Last thing we need is more traffic. I don't want to be a
nother Orlando
if traffic is something that bothers you then maybe you should move out of a tourist state

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Temptations Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smokey Robinson Enlists Mary J. Blige, John Leg... (Aug '14) Aug '14 LLL 1
News These 22 Lost Classics Of Motown Deserve To Be ... (Feb '14) Feb '14 DALE 1
Temptations The 50 Greatest Songs 3 cd set (Jan '14) Jan '14 mike 1
News Dallas Theater to Host Sock Hop (Aug '13) Aug '13 Patricia McCollum 1
News Rolling Stones rock small LA club ahead of tour (Apr '13) Apr '13 stonesdvdcom 2
News Yesterday, today, forever: 50 years after Motow... (Sep '09) Feb '13 The Chi Lites Son 2
News Feds want 30 years for theater crawler (Jan '13) Jan '13 America Gentleman... 2
More from around the web