Mark Knopfler grabs top spot at Bart'...

Mark Knopfler grabs top spot at Bart's CD Cellar

There are 1 comment on the Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword story from Sep 23, 2009, titled Mark Knopfler grabs top spot at Bart's CD Cellar. In it, Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword reports that:

Mark Knopfler's sixth studio album Get Lucky , released last week on Warner Bros., nabbed the top spot at Bart's CD Cellar in Boulder while Muse's latest effort, The Resistance , debuted at the second slot for the week ending September 20.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Denver - News, Events, Restaurants, Music from Denver, CO - Westword.

judith redman

Pueblo, CO

#1 Oct 16, 2009
It is well past time that Mark Knopfler is receiving more attention, I find him to be not only a superb guitarist but an excellent lyricist/poet. One only has to listen to his songs to conclude that fact...his lay upon layer of meanings in any particular song is astonishing (listen to "devil baby" among so many others). I do not think he has ever been given the kudos he truly deserves as an artist of the highest order !! AND he can sing;a lovely, expressive voice. so, here is to this brilliant, talented man ! Keep doing what you are doing, Mark...you would be surprised by how many of us love your work !! thanks, jude redman

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The String Cheese Incident Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rolllle calllllll: Aragon Ballroom-Chicago IL-D... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Caitlin Boone 1
Looking for specifics on a song!? (Oct '10) Oct '10 Ben Charlton 1
News Del McCoury - Fifty Years Outside the Bluegrass... (Jul '10) Jul '10 appalled 1
EOTO, Kyle Hollingsworth & More @ Summer Camp M... (Mar '10) Mar '10 funkyou 1
Footage of String Cheese from Rothbury 2009 (Feb '10) Feb '10 zachouser 1
locating a song (Nov '09) Nov '09 david jacob 1
Halloween Box Set (Oct '09) Oct '09 Bob 1
More from around the web