Photos: Paul Simon / Grizzly Bear [Br...

Photos: Paul Simon / Grizzly Bear [Brooklyn, NY;

There are 1 comment on the Pitchfork story from Apr 24, 2008, titled Photos: Paul Simon / Grizzly Bear [Brooklyn, NY;. In it, Pitchfork reports that:

“Mother and Child Reunion", long-running sister act the Roches doing "Cecilia", Gillian Welch tackling "The Sound of Silence", and ace jazz cornetist Olu Dara interpreting "50 Ways to Leave Your Lover”

Photos by Kathryn Yu An eclectic collection of music-makers took over the Brooklyn Academy of Music 's Howard Gilman Opera House last night to pay tribute to a very worthy cause: the music of Paul Simon . via Pitchfork

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Pitchfork.

Catania, Italy

#1 Apr 25, 2008
Join my correspondence with BAM NY
About: "Love in Hard Times: The Music of Paul Simon"
It is really sad :is not ART GARFUNKEL singing . The people preserves in the ears and in the heart the magic harmonization the DUO.
It is not right, millions of fans not forgive to Paul the exclusion of Art.
Anna Maria
Three years ago July 18, 2004 (I copied an excerpt from the review on Lms online / Site British)
Hyde Park London concert Simon e Garfunkel -/ July 18, 2004
(By Norman Lebrecht)
The mother and child reunion
This was Simon and Garfunkel's first London concert for 22 years ………………
Half a million people saw the US leg of this tour; 50,000 people packed Hyde Park…………….. Not that we were overwhelmingly middle-aged. Many in our throng, in their teens and twenties, knew every lick and lyric and seemed ……………. They stood, they sang, they danced the dusk away with a sense of secular communion and wholly innocent abandon…………...
They spoke of our time, our confusions.They still do.
The magnetic element in them, though, is a yearning for something never quite attained, for a Mother and Child Reunion, for a poet and a one-man band. Paul Simon and Art Garfunkel, aspiring to angelic harmony, illustrate in their lives and music the impossibility of symbiosis - the unattainability of perfect friendship for any length of time. In their most poignant numbers, there is always one chord unresolved. And that's why their music can sell out a park. Nostalgia ain't perhaps what it used to be, but it can still teach us a thing or two about our former selves………………………… Fine citazione
In an unprecedented month-long residency at BAM, Paul Simon collaborates with an extraordinary range of artists to offer three musical constellations from the career of one of America's greatest songwriters.
Featuring performances by Olu Dara, Grizzly Bear, The Roches Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Why not Art Garfunkel?
The magic of tunes American written by Paul is born with the voice non of Art, can forget!!!
By fans S&G from Italy
----- Original Message -----
To: Anna Maria
Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2008 5:32 PM
Hello Ms. Anna Maria—
I just wanted to reach out to you regarding Paul Simon’s residency at BAM. We are very excited that Mr. Simon has chosen to perform at BAM, but it’s important to explain that we have had little to do with the actual programming. The line-up and collaborators were chosen by Mr. Simon himself, and while BAM would have been thrilled if he had chosen to include Mr. Garfunkel, it was not our place to make such a proposal. I hope that this alleviates your frustration with BAM and explains the omission.
All best,
Helen F.
Marketing Assistant
RE :
Sent: Saturday, February 09, 2008 12:44 PM
To: Info BAM
Hello Ms. Helen,
Thank you for your answer kind and clear.( Sorry, my English is very bad).I know: BAM is now recognized internationally as a preeminent progressive cultural center. I believe that it is a great happiness that Mr Simon has chosen to perform at BAM and it is right that he has chosen its line-up and its partners in full autonomy For this I consent with BAM that excellently plays its task.That said, my frustration certainly not decreased why we are, in my opinion, to wound to a one cultural important fact that should be kept and presented in its entirety, included the exceptional interpreter quality of Mr Garfunkel, which gave uniqueness in the genial creations poetics of Mr Simon, generating harmonization captivating and unforgettable.I hope that in future there would be another opportunity to sew again the wings at this multicoloured butterfly. Perhaps with an overview of movies of the performance of the duo (with their presence)? Thank you for giving me the opportunity to express my opinion
Ad maiora. Anna Maria

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Roches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jackie Greene Signs With 429 Records (May '08) May '08 Phil 1
News Amy Irving meets her match (Jan '07) Jan '07 Nora 1
More from around the web