Oak Hill defeats Wyoming East 55-45

Oak Hill defeats Wyoming East 55-45

There are 41 comments on the www.cbs59.com story from Mar 20, 2010, titled Oak Hill defeats Wyoming East 55-45 . In it, www.cbs59.com reports that:

Oak Hill picked up its first ever AA boys' basketball title Saturday with a victory over Wyoming East, 55-45. The Red Devils overcame at nine point deficit at the half to defeat the Warriors Saturday at the Charleston Civic Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.cbs59.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Big News

Welch, WV

#1 Mar 20, 2010
Red devils just couldn't do no wrong, came out victorious.
East Fan

United States

#2 Mar 20, 2010
we are still proud of your guys, they played their hearts out
big daddy

United States

#3 Mar 20, 2010
What a coaching staff the Warriors have!!!!!!!hahahahaha blew another one.....
rollover rock city

Beckley, WV

#4 Mar 20, 2010
I have attended state basketball championship
games for several years. I am not from either Oak Hill or Wyoming East. I think today Jack F. should have gotten the TOTAL JERK AWARD of the whole tournament the way he pushed the player from
Wyoming East. The tournament is no place for
hot head jerks.
East Fan

Beckley, WV

#5 Mar 20, 2010
big daddy wrote:
What a coaching staff the Warriors have!!!!!!!hahahahaha blew another one.....
they did a great job coaching! only lost 3 this year i'd say yes a great coching staff! smart butt!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#6 Mar 20, 2010
It was a great game, both teams played well and it was a shame that either one had to lose... Wyoming East has a lot of heart and a great overall team, Oak Hill has a very athletic squad and will be a force next year as well! Great game and hats off to both teams!
TheTruth

Tarboro, NC

#7 Mar 20, 2010
East Fan wrote:
<quoted text> they did a great job coaching! only lost 3 this year i'd say yes a great coching staff! smart butt!
There is no reason why Wyoming East should've lost that game. We couldn't buy a shot in the second half, yet there weren't many fresh legs on the floor. I guess that came from the Jesse Lester playbook.

Location hidden

#8 Mar 20, 2010
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no reason why Wyoming East should've lost that game. We couldn't buy a shot in the second half, yet there weren't many fresh legs on the floor. I guess that came from the Jesse Lester playbook.
Yeah they definitely went cold in the 2nd half and I thought they should have went to the bench more, it was wild.
east

Welch, WV

#9 Mar 20, 2010
way to go red devil
TheTruth

Tarboro, NC

#10 Mar 20, 2010
#10 is a great defensive player, made a mistake and was taken out of the game. Poor Foley didn't even get a chance to play in his last game as a Warrior. That just wasn't fair. I think several of the other guys may have had something to contribute if only they would've had the chance. No one can say it was refs, not even talent, Oak Hill simply wanted it more.

Location hidden

#11 Mar 20, 2010
TheTruth wrote:
#10 is a great defensive player, made a mistake and was taken out of the game. Poor Foley didn't even get a chance to play in his last game as a Warrior. That just wasn't fair. I think several of the other guys may have had something to contribute if only they would've had the chance. No one can say it was refs, not even talent, Oak Hill simply wanted it more.
I agree that Trey had the most heart of perhaps anybody on the floor and shouldn't have came out, I think he could have did the best job perhaps guarding Leonard because he plays suffocating defense and Leonard ended up being a big difference in the game.
whoa

Welch, WV

#12 Mar 20, 2010
TheTruth wrote:
<quoted text>
The ones that can pay play.:)
who cares

Welch, WV

#13 Mar 20, 2010
It's a page from the good ol' boy network Gene Reid playbook and look who Chapman's assistants are!! Get somebody new!! Reid's assistants and Lester's assistants need to be replaced!!
what i saw

Welch, WV

#14 Mar 20, 2010
Did someone throw the ball backwards right into a red devil hands..at a very cruical time in the game? Did he come out?
TheTruth

Tarboro, NC

#15 Mar 20, 2010
What good does it do to have a fantastic season only to throw it away in the end?
WarriorFan
#16 Mar 20, 2010
I agree with alot of these comments. The 2nd half the Warriors went cold. We couldn't buy a shot, not even a foul shot. Oak Hill wanted it more than Wyoming East and it showed today. The coach should have went to the 6th and 7th men more. Oak Hill hit just about everything they put up. J.F. always playes like a jerk throwing his elbows and what not, but shoving A.W. was taking it a bit too far. He is the player that called a Warrior fan a b*tch at our last meet up. Our guys could have easily won this game today, but they didn't want it bad enough. They should have known that Oak Hill was coming at them with all they had. I couldn't believe the way that game was coached. Don't get me wrong, he is a great coach. That is why I can't believe it. He locked up or something and didn't know what to do. T.F. can get in a players head faster than anyone and you can see that. That is why he is such a great defensive player. I wanted this win so bad for these guys, they deserved it but they didn't earn it. I will always be a Warrior fan and continue to love and respect those young men. They had an outstanding season, and will always be #1 in my book. I love you guys, you have no reason to hang your heads. Stand proud, you can't make the shots all the time, and you can't make the coach put you in. I wished Foley could have played more today along with Fralin, but it's done and over now. Maybe next year guys. LETS GO EAST, LETS GO EAST!
OHFAN

Beckley, WV

#17 Mar 20, 2010
Just wanted to say that my husband, daughter, and I sat in an area with mostly WE fans today, and everyone was very nice. Your team had some great fans! We have enjoyed watching OH and WE play football and basketball against each other for several years, and we really like the rivalry that is growing. Both schools will have great teams again next year, and I hope WE and OH play for the championship again. Good luck in the future Warriors! If we aren't playing you for the championship, then I will cheer for your team anyday.....it's a Southern WV thing!
WOW

Welch, WV

#18 Mar 20, 2010
Good ol' boy network?
I didn't see anybody off the bench that
contributed anything. Rory attempted to play
Trey and Luke in the Tug Valley game, but they
sucked. Trey is just too short and fouls too much.
Luke showed his lack of experience with that quick
turnover and no defense.
Sorry, but Rory played who he had to play.
The reason that we were missing our shots was due
to tired legs.
Don't put down Jesse! He made East basketball what
it is today. He assisted Reid and made this team
what it is today. You could put this team on the floor without a coach and they would have won 80%
of the game on their own. Jesse taught them everything that they know. This talk is very unfair!
TheTruth

Tarboro, NC

#19 Mar 20, 2010
How is this talk unfair? No one is putting down Jesse. I agree that he is a great coach, and Rory done a good job for his first season. You said it yourself, they were missing shots because their legs were tired. So if they weren't contributing anything, why not try someone else? Trey does get into foul trouble, but he's a strong defensive player. Luke is inexperienced because he is a sophmore. How can he get varsity experience if he rarely gets to play? Same thing goes for Taylor and the rest of the bench. They couldn't have done any worse than the five that played the entire game. I would be willing to say the guys sitting there wanted it a lot more that the ones on the court.
EAST ALL THE WAY

Welch, WV

#20 Mar 20, 2010
That's ok Warriors we will make it to the tournaments next year and win it. You guys played your hearts out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Red Devils Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red Devils form Nelson chapter (Apr '09) Jan '15 Shane 705
News Halls posts opening for football coach (Nov '12) Nov '12 Terec thompson 3
News Army show another resounding success (Jun '12) Jun '12 Gee,Gee 1
News Jeff boys, girls earn soccer sectional byes (Sep '11) Sep '11 Jeff fan 1
News Seton opens season (Nov '06) Sep '11 Postman Jack 2
News Red Devils win title (May '10) Jun '10 Yesiknow 2
News Sales of ladies' undies signal mood in Mexico |... (Jan '10) Jan '10 Lance 2
More from around the web