Good actors, poor impression

Good actors, poor impression

There are 2 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 24, 2009, titled Good actors, poor impression. In it, Newsday reports that:

Jeremy Irons and Joan Allen have great bones. The play, alas, does not. There must be a reason Irons chose "Impressionism" for his first Broadway vehicle since he won his Tony Award for "The Real Thing" in 1984.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Camille

Franklin, MA

#1 Mar 28, 2009
I saw Impressionism a few days before it opened, and loved it, as did the rest of the audience that afternoon, at least those within earshot of me. To get a good review, I sometimes think, a play has to be filled with violence and vulgarity. Impressionism isn't. Though it has its share of darkness and pain, they aren't reveled in, but are treated with compassion and wit. The play is adult, romantic, funny, hopeful, life-affirming, and beautifully performed by a cast of talented actors. It is well worth seeing.
KMW

San Diego, CA

#2 Apr 1, 2009
I agree w/Ms. Winer. The play is flimsy. Endless shifting of paintings if interesting at first but it soon becomes obvious this is filler. Also, Jeremy Irons talked too fast for me to comprehand much of what he said.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Real Thing Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sublime With Rome Tries, But Nothing Can Top th... (Jul '15) Jul '15 Nero farts 1
News Is there anybody out there? (Feb '08) Oct '13 TheAfroHedgehog 3
News Plano-Based Dr Pepper Wants Dublin Dr Pepper to... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Aprilblu 1
News Bo Bice to perform at Huntsville's Crossroads o... (Feb '11) Feb '11 Cathy 4
News 'Mad Men,' Santa Cruz Style: Mythmaker uses wit... (Apr '10) Apr '10 shut up and dance 8
News Atlanta, Georgia's Coca-Cola Bottling Company R... (Oct '09) Oct '09 David Ogbogbo 1
News Bice guy (Jul '09) Jul '09 Baloney 2
More from around the web