Not receiving mail and is it legal fo...

Not receiving mail and is it legal for carrier to live where the deliver

Posted in the The Postal Service Forum

Since: Jun 12

Clementon, NJ

#1 Jun 16, 2012
I have a question. I am having an issue with my mail carrier. I have not been getting some of my mail related to financial information. And even though it's never happened before all of a sudden I go days without getting any mail. I've lived here for 7 years and I've only not gotten any mail maybe once every month or 5 weeks. This week I didn't get mail 3 days.
I complained a few years ago that the carrier didn't come down my street. I didn't know who the carrier was, but when I said something at the post office they told me that 'she' is a wonderful carrier. Now I have a new carrier and I beleive she is the 'she' because as soon as she starte she refused to speak or make eye contact. I've sent a complaint to the postal inspector about mail I didn't receive.
My question is what can I do to prove that I am not receiving my mail. Is it legal for a mail carrier to live on the same street in the same development. Is there anyone I can speak to about this besides the people in the post office where she works who will only say what a wonderful person she is. I feel violated and she shouldn't be allowed to get away with mail theft just because she's the mail carrier. Please help. thanks.
Brett

Adel, GA

#2 Jun 17, 2012
Mail yourself a letter everyday for a week or so.
Mark the back of each letter with the date you mailed it.(use a friend's or relative's address as the return address)
Drop the letters at your local post office. Those letters should be delivered the next day.
Keep track of the information and if you are not receiving all of them, then contact the postal inspection service.
You can find info on that on the postal service website.
Good Luck

Since: Jun 12

Clementon, NJ

#3 Jun 17, 2012
Thank you! A great suggestion.

Since: Jun 12

Clementon, NJ

#4 Jun 17, 2012
Brett
When you say add a date to the back of the letter do you mean the contents inside or the back of the envelope. Thanks.
Joe T

Goodlettsville, TN

#5 Jun 21, 2012
The back of the envelope.
hillbilly

Dunlap, TN

#6 Jul 1, 2012
you piss off a post master.you will find they do not have to deliver your mail.and can not be sued,so you are screwed..as far as so called postal inspectors,they don't really give a damn.and no you can not go over your local post master head..hell who is in charge of who at the postal service is guarded like national security information.even more so if your local post master is on contract.
Victim

Clementon, NJ

#7 Jul 1, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
you piss off a post master.you will find they do not have to deliver your mail.and can not be sued,so you are screwed..as far as so called postal inspectors,they don't really give a damn.and no you can not go over your local post master head..hell who is in charge of who at the postal service is guarded like national security information.even more so if your local post master is on contract.
I don't need my local postmaster to deliver my mail. And I work for DoD under NSA. It's not who you know it's who knows yu. And what reason would the postmaster have or not delivering my mail. Legally that is. Do you truly believe she can do that for no reason.
The problem with the post office is they have no transparency. They act autonomously. I agree with you that they don't give a damn but hats because no one knows what they're doing. Again no transparency. What about the press?
If it were necessary I would call on someone to help me. However I decided not to use my local post office. In this day of electronics iwhat do i need them and for, and anything that I might need to have mailed I have It going elsewhere.
Problem solved.
A postmaster from another post office is working with me. They think this needs to be addressed and have not only put me in touch eith people in the post office but continue to provide guidance.
Your discouragement makes you suspect . Go away.
Stop Trying

United States

#8 Aug 1, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
you piss off a post master.you will find they do not have to deliver your mail.and can not be sued,so you are screwed..as far as so called postal inspectors,they don't really give a damn.and no you can not go over your local post master head..hell who is in charge of who at the postal service is guarded like national security information.even more so if your local post master is on contract.
Then try your congressman or the postal POLICE.

Stealing mail is a federal offense. Even when the post office does it.

P.S. I hope the whole gdamn service gets an overhaul. Fire the troublemakers and screw the union.
Hate USPS

United States

#9 Aug 1, 2012
I laugh out loud when I read about the problems the postal service is having. I hope ALL of the people who work for them are quaking in their shoes.

SOB's are arrorgant fks who think customers just HAVE to keep putting up with their abuse.

GO UPS/FED EX and online banking.

Make my day/year/life and PUT the USPS out if business.
pete nguyen

United States

#10 Nov 13, 2012
I had a package delivered on Oct 22,12 but not receive it. Contacted post office and other. Keep push me around from local post to inspection 1-800-xxx-xxxx. Likely, they have no solution. Let them out of business (?)
Ready1

Bonsall, CA

#11 Nov 17, 2012
Frst Of All you have too prove theft, second, the mail carrier can live anywhere they please, Is your mailbox bloked by cars , trucks etc, are they dogs loose in your yard or neighborhood ? You are quick to jump to conclusion about the carrier bu 99.9% of the time its the residents fault for non delivery. Make sure you have made it safe and secur for your mail carrier first, after all they are not required to deliver if they cannot or if they feel unsafe too do so.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#12 Nov 19, 2012
hillbilly wrote:
you piss off a post master.you will find they do not have to deliver your mail.and can not be sued,so you are screwed..as far as so called postal inspectors,they don't really give a damn.and no you can not go over your local post master head..hell who is in charge of who at the postal service is guarded like national security information.even more so if your local post master is on contract.
This is all completely false information.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#13 Nov 19, 2012
Stop Trying wrote:
<quoted text>Then try your congressman or the postal POLICE.

Stealing mail is a federal offense. Even when the post office does it.

P.S. I hope the whole gdamn service gets an overhaul. Fire the troublemakers and screw the union.
Fire the management.

They're all overpaid, useless egomaniacs.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#14 Nov 19, 2012
Hate USPS wrote:
I laugh out loud when I read about the problems the postal service is having. I hope ALL of the people who work for them are quaking in their shoes.

SOB's are arrorgant fks who think customers just HAVE to keep putting up with their abuse.

GO UPS/FED EX and online banking.

Make my day/year/life and PUT the USPS out if business.
Hope you don't live in the sticks. You'll have to travel to your nearest city for your mail.

And I hope you don't mind having a delivery service that works for profit.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#15 Nov 19, 2012
Ready1 wrote:
Frst Of All you have too prove theft, second, the mail carrier can live anywhere they please, Is your mailbox bloked by cars , trucks etc, are they dogs loose in your yard or neighborhood ? You are quick to jump to conclusion about the carrier bu 99.9% of the time its the residents fault for non delivery. Make sure you have made it safe and secur for your mail carrier first, after all they are not required to deliver if they cannot or if they feel unsafe too do so.
But I think they would be required to let the resident know of the unsafe condition.
Gunter

Corsica, PA

#16 Dec 4, 2012
First of all, go to your local district attorney and have him send you letters and have him monitor your mail box. The postal workers can refuse to deliver mail to a location that they feel is unsafe, but they must report this condition to the local authorities. But your best bet would be to report your problem to your U.S. congressman. I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THE ABOVE STATEMENTS ARE JUST A FEW OF THE THINGS HAPPENING THAT ARE CAUSING THIS RECESSION. IF ALL THE FEDERAL AGENCIES WERE DOING THEIR JOBS, THEN THESE KIND OF THINGS WOULD NOT BE OCCURING. 911 ADDRESSING IS ONE OF THE BIGGEST PROBLEMS THIS COUNTRY HAS AND IT IS NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE TRYING TO ESTABLISH 911 ADDRESSES, BUT BECAUSE THE PEOPLE IN CHARGE ARE NOT FOLLOWING THE LAWS THAT SOCIETY HAS ENACTED, AND ARE BASICALLY DICTATING ADDRESSES. However you should file complaints with the U.S. Postal inspector's office, then the Federal Communications Commission,and the U.S. Justice Department/ civil rights division. Descrimination in government programs is against the law. However, 911 authorities seem to be exempt.
bear

United States

#17 Dec 7, 2012
I Just want to say we do not have enough bodys to deliver the mail. Im just warning you it will get worst

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Postal Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can I apply in a different NY COUNTY if fired ... Jan 9 slipknit 1
California to the Cleveland, OH area via Warren... (Jan '12) Jan 6 Hurt to try 5
News Residents angry over poor service from Bexley p... Jan 4 Duke for Mayor 7
News Post office in Otto, Wyo. up for possible closure (Oct '11) Jan 3 🙃.🙃 2
Postal system is getting lazy! Nov '16 zlom4815 2
News For Powers that be, it's all Harris Hill (Apr '08) Nov '16 Original Probe Me... 7
Pension Plan? Nov '16 JohnJohnson 1
More from around the web