Your Postal Service not broken, or broke

Aug 26, 2012 Full story: The Times 23

Delivering mail is not a partisan activity. Letter carriers do not care about the political leanings of our patrons, and the people we deliver to couldn't care less about our views on politics.

Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#21 Sep 30, 2012
Popeye wrote:
<quoted text>Hah! You make an excellent point. If it wasn't for unions we would ALL be working! Some for minumum wage yes but at lease they would have the dignity to know they are pulling their weight! Unions have ruined the industrial base of this country. The reason the USPS is going broke is because they have to deal with 5 Communist UNIONS!

The USPS survived for 200 years without unions! It only took the unions 40 years to bankrupt it!!!!
We would all be working for slave wages if not for unions.

The US has the highest executive to worker pay ratio in the world. 450:1.

Execs make $450 for every dollar the workers do. The next highest ratio is 250:1.

That's obscene. It is corporate greed, not unions, that are bankrupting the US.
liberal waiting on check

Olive Branch, MS

#22 Apr 9, 2014
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
And there goes the security of your mail.
I'm one of those "overpaid" employees and I can assure you, I don't get a whole lot of "ass" time.
The USPS has been a government cash cow for decades. We don't get on dime from the taxpayer. We're somehow required to pay for the health benefits of employees who haven't even been born yet.
And the USPS overpaid a retirement fund by some 75 BILLION dollars,(that's right. That's right. That's a "B") but we can't even use that money. While our equipment is falling apart. And we're paying some asshole's brother-in-law to repair it. You figure it out.
Meanwhile, I bet there's not a 53' trailer in this country that isn't using shoring straps marked "Property of the USPS".
At least those are provided by an Industry for The Blind business.
how do you know, are you the postmaster general sitting behind the desk looking at the accounting sheets? are you the chairman of the house budget office? your just a mail cart pusher, same thing staples workers are doing (except at a cheaper price). lets let our postmaster general decide, he's the one looking at the facts and figures, he's the one who knows best. the usps belongs to the American people, not the union. what ever will keep it afloat, several americans are depending on checks, medicine, and electric bills, if it means cutting union workers, slashing wages, so let it be, hang in there Patrick!

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#23 Apr 10, 2014
liberal waiting on check wrote:
<quoted text>how do you know, are you the postmaster general sitting behind the desk looking at the accounting sheets? are you the chairman of the house budget office? your just a mail cart pusher, same thing staples workers are doing (except at a cheaper price). lets let our postmaster general decide, he's the one looking at the facts and figures, he's the one who knows best. the usps belongs to the American people, not the union. what ever will keep it afloat, several americans are depending on checks, medicine, and electric bills, if it means cutting union workers, slashing wages, so let it be, hang in there Patrick!
Yeah.

DonaHo is such an honest, wonderful human being.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Postal Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postal Service investigates reported slight of ... Mar 27 char 3
News U.S. Postal Service Asks Customers to Clear Wal... Feb '15 PISSED 1
News Postal union donations to Democrats complicate ... (Feb '13) Jan '15 hubertfields00 3
News USPS won't deliver mail due to small dog Jan '15 BAD SERVICE 1
News 1,000 baseball, football cards lost in mail Jan '15 BAD SERVICE 1
News Postal Service poised to begin controversial pl... Jan '15 Hooogle It 18
News Post Office employee contracts TB 11 minutes ag... Dec '14 NO MACKEEPER 1
More from around the web