Mandate pushed Postal Service into th...

Mandate pushed Postal Service into the red for first quarter

There are 109 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 9, 2013, titled Mandate pushed Postal Service into the red for first quarter. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

The U.S. Postal Service lost $1.3 billion during the first quarter, but it could have turned a $100 million profit if not for a congressional mandate that officials have long blamed for stifling post office finances, according to the agency's first-quarter financial statement .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#107 Feb 11, 2013
Gary wrote:
One thing I'll never understand is why
these tea party-type Republicans (or
maybe all of them) take such pride in
hating government and demonizing all
government employees.
What is it with the conservative mind that it
gets such satisfaction out of hating government,
especially good government?
There must be Republican Wahabi schools where
they teach hatred of government. What else
can explain it other than they are the
American Taliban.
Most government employees are paid much better than employees doing the same or similar jobs in the private sector. When the recession hit, many people were laid off, took reductions in pay, or lost benefits if not got less. In the meantime, public employees were getting raises, increased benefits and no layoffs.

How is it fair that government wants me to work until the age of 67, pay taxes, and those tax dollars go to support public workers who will retire at the age of 55 with medical benefits?
xxxrayted

Brook Park, OH

#108 Feb 11, 2013
Le Jimbo wrote:
<quoted text>Obama returns to campaign mode, visiting three cities after State of Union speech
President Obama will travel after his State of the Union address Tuesday night to three U.S. cities to discuss proposals in the speech that focused on “strengthening the economy for the middle class and those striving to get there,” White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Sunday in a statement.
Still campaigning.......still flying in circles. Anything to be away from Michele.......
I always wondered what religion Jay Carney followed if any at all. If he's Catholic, I would love to know how many times he went to confession since he joined the Obama administration.
TedsLiver

New Almaden, CA

#109 Feb 11, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, asshat. Contribute a valid point or get lost.
. So says professor moron.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#110 Feb 12, 2013
Sid wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice comeback Miss
Not your "girlfriend," although I'm sure you look at guys that way.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#111 Feb 12, 2013
The DickIate wrote:
<quoted text>Tell me to STFU and get lost, call me a wuss, that stuff excites me.
No.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#112 Feb 12, 2013
TedsLiver wrote:
<quoted text>. So says professor moron.
Has Ted OR his Liver ever said anything worthwhile? Unlikely.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#113 Feb 12, 2013
xxxrayted wrote:
<quoted text>
Most government employees are paid much better than employees doing the same or similar jobs in the private sector. When the recession hit, many people were laid off, took reductions in pay, or lost benefits if not got less. In the meantime, public employees were getting raises, increased benefits and no layoffs.
How is it fair that government wants me to work until the age of 67, pay taxes, and those tax dollars go to support public workers who will retire at the age of 55 with medical benefits?
Not their fault that other workers applied for and got better jobs than you, work harder than you, or negotiated better salary or benefits than you. Don't blame unions because they do a better job for their members, blame yourself for being a deadbeat.
the rest of us

Saint Paul, MN

#114 Feb 12, 2013
tha Professor wrote:
<quoted text>
Shut up, asshat. Contribute a valid point or get lost.
And the worthless POS Professor Fartsack is telling others to shut up.....LOLOLOL! Like anybody is going to listen to someone with a failed life. Oh, you've been told that posting multiple times in a row is like somebody farting 4 times in a row.....it just stinks more, numbnuts.

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Take a Looonng Vacation

#115 Feb 12, 2013
the rectum of us wrote:
<quoted text>
And here again is the worthless POS, Professor! I'm sure you're glad to see the Fartsack is stalking others again even after being told to shut up.....LOLOLOL! Like anybody is going to listen to someone with a failed life like me. I've been told that posting multiple times in a row is like somebody farting 4 times in a row, but oh well.....it just stinks so good! God I'm a numbnuts.
That you are.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Postal Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where in NY is better to work as USPS PSESSD (W... Oct 2 Ayse 1
News How Doomed Is the U.S. Postal Service? (Jun '13) Sep '17 Uber-Bro of the U... 8
Package delivery Sep '17 Jim 1
News Chamber working to expand Vale Post Office Aug '17 Kimberlylyda 2
frustrated delivering apartments Aug '17 minkhollow 1
Disabled mail carrier Jul '17 Jay 1
News Five Houston post offices off chopping block, E... (Mar '17) Mar '17 FivePharts 1
More from around the web