USPS to cease 4 W.Va. processing oper...

USPS to cease 4 W.Va. processing operations

There are 23 comments on the Weirton Daily Times story from Feb 24, 2012, titled USPS to cease 4 W.Va. processing operations. In it, Weirton Daily Times reports that:

The U.S. Postal Service plans to cease mail processing operations in four West Virginia cities and move the work to other facilities.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Weirton Daily Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
I KNOW

Saint Paul, MN

#21 Mar 1, 2012
it won't but try to tell those geniuses that...fuel (whether gasoline or diesel) for the things called TRUCKS to move the mail is going up and has to be considered as cost...the mail will not just" FLOAT" through the air to Charleston or wherever I for one do not follow their reasoning(or lack thereof)
I can understand they could care less about the mail being slower to reach customers DUH the slowness-and poor performance- of the cumbersome so called postal system is one of the main reasons other forms of correspondence and bill delivery and bill pay has gone to the electronic version--so instead of figuring how to do a better and faster job& increase their OWN efficiency and performance they opt to increase travel days for already slow mail processing.
Sandy

Morgantown, WV

#22 Mar 1, 2012
this is so sad
Jefferson

Rupert, WV

#23 Mar 2, 2012
Sugarfied827 wrote:
This makes NO sense to me whatsoever. How will it be saving money to take a letter from clarksburg..have it sent to pittsburgh for sorting and bringing it all the way back to clarksburg??
Whats cheaper, a gallon of gas or a full time postal worker. Sounds like a good tradeoff to me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Postal Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Doomed Is the U.S. Postal Service? (Jun '13) Feb 14 Ronald 10
retirement Dec '17 denirae 1
Just received a call for first interview!! (Feb '17) Dec '17 Smug 2
Origin Post is Preparing Shipment? Nov '17 ChadB83 1
where in NY is better to work as USPS PSESSD (W... Oct '17 Ayse 1
Package delivery Sep '17 Jim 1
News Chamber working to expand Vale Post Office (Aug '17) Aug '17 Kimberlylyda 2
More from around the web