Saturday mail deliveries to end; pack...

Saturday mail deliveries to end; package delivery to continue

There are 4 comments on the The Jackson Sun story from Feb 7, 2013, titled Saturday mail deliveries to end; package delivery to continue. In it, The Jackson Sun reports that:

The U.S. Postal Service announced on Wednesday plans to stop Saturday deliveries for everything except packages.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Jackson Sun.

Maggie

Yakima, WA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
That is sad but life goes on!

“Made you look!”

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2 Feb 19, 2013
Maggie, my question is this, if they are going to deliver "packages", how will they justify their costs for manpower, fuel, etc for going out and delivering packages all over their particular service area? If they can deliver packages, why not just carry the mail as well? Does my question make any sense to you?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#4 Feb 21, 2013
Makes perfect sense to me! There was absolutely no reason why they were running Saturdays anyway. I honestly don't see why they don't just cut back and run 3-4 days a week. 90% of the junk you get in the mail is garbage anyway.
irritated

United States

#5 Saturday May 21
This is all well and good but I've noticed the mail is barely delivered to my house. I was getting mail at my old address every say. Now I'm lucky if I get anything once a week. I filled out the mail forward papers and still barely anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Postal Service Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Postal worker convicted of assault was accused ... (Jul '10) Feb '16 brenda6231 67
Got yelled at by the mail lady Dec '15 Zoey234 2
News Postmaster General and CFO Host Web Call on U.S... (Nov '15) Nov '15 wise old goat 1
News Congress should stop meddling and let Postal Se... (May '12) Nov '15 Postman Jack 24
News How Doomed Is the U.S. Postal Service? (Jun '13) Nov '15 Postman Jack 7
News USPS won't deliver mail due to small dog (Jan '15) Aug '15 VeganTiger 3
News Proposal would stop door-to-door mail for millions (May '14) Aug '15 Mr_Awesome 15
More from around the web