Tyler Perry's House of Payne

Tyler Perry's House of Payne

There are 4 comments on the Variety story from Jun 5, 2007, titled Tyler Perry's House of Payne. In it, Variety reports that:

'Tyler Perry's House of Payne' Taped in Los Angeles by Tyler Perry and Debmar-Mercury. Executive producers, Tyler Perry, Reuben Cannon; director, Perry; writer, Kellie R. Griffin. via Variety

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Variety.

Garry

Atlanta, GA

#1 Jun 10, 2007
I had high expectation in despite the less than engaging promos for the show.
I mean it the very successful Tyler Perry, right. The man with the Midas touch! Oh my goodness. Just awful.
Insult to a thinking person intelligence. Infantile humor…….. Suffice to say, I will not watch again.
Fred

Springtown, TX

#2 Jun 11, 2007
I too had high hopes for Tyler Perry's show, but was left disappointed. After looking and looking at his material, it dawned on me that he is mocking the church and black people. His shows had substance at the beginning, but with anyone who makes it big, they tend to leave their message and forget God when money comes in to play. Pay attention to all of his plays over the years, and ask yourself, if a secular producer couldn't have pulled this off. God Bless!
Soldier for CHIRST

Gilbert, AZ

#3 Jun 13, 2007
EVERYBODY LETS PRAY FOR THOSE WHO INTEND TO USE THE CHURCH TO GET PAID!
Tara Thomas

Anniston, AL

#4 Feb 20, 2008
Fred wrote:
I too had high hopes for Tyler Perry's show, but was left disappointed. After looking and looking at his material, it dawned on me that he is mocking the church and black people. His shows had substance at the beginning, but with anyone who makes it big, they tend to leave their message and forget God when money comes in to play. Pay attention to all of his plays over the years, and ask yourself, if a secular producer couldn't have pulled this off. God Bless!
I disagree. You would have to have been in his shoes to understand where Tyler Perry is coming from.You have to think outside of the box. I feel that he's trying to show us that even though you are a chritian you are still human and if your not mindfull the devil can use anybody.
Anniston,AL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Perrys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Texas' Perry says disparaging tweet unauthorized (Sep '14) Sep '14 paddyomalley 1
News 3 Christmas movies cap a big year for black cinema (Dec '13) Dec '13 Besara 1
News The Band Perry's Fans Literally Light Them Up a... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Mrs-Jessica-D 1
News Black Is Beautiful (Nov '11) Mar '13 Just Saying 290
News Sunday To-Do: David and Tamela Mann (May '12) May '12 Lila 1
white is beautiful!!! (Nov '11) Nov '11 ccc 1
News Poll: Rick Perry loses the tea party (Oct '11) Oct '11 Niedermire 1
More from around the web