Count Basie Orchestra: Swinging, Sing...

Count Basie Orchestra: Swinging, Singing, Playing

There are 1 comment on the All About Jazz story from Sep 22, 2009, titled Count Basie Orchestra: Swinging, Singing, Playing. In it, All About Jazz reports that:

Although over a quarter-century has elapsed since the passing of William "Count" Basie in 1984, the bandleader and pianist's legacy has proved one of the most durable from the big band era, and the Basie band's Swinging, Singing, Playing maintains the Basie tradition and carries it triumphantly into the new millennium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at All About Jazz.

Taryn Levinger

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#1 Oct 21, 2009
This CD is simply GREAT! I love every cut. But I must say that the opening number Too Close For Comfort with Nnenna is my favorite. The band is really punching here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Orchestra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phonetic Composition Mar '16 Jim Hoskins 1
News Parking and traffic plan outlined for St. Augus... (Nov '15) Dec '15 Stinky Fish 4
Zaragemca Top Experience (Jul '14) Jul '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News McFall's returns to deliver tango with a twist (Jun '14) Jun '14 Lithuanian Nazi L... 2
zaragemca brief on musical arrangement (Feb '14) Feb '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News Doobie Brothers music in Fountain Park (Jul '13) Jul '13 High 2
News 'The poster child for blight': Tucson icon crum... (May '13) May '13 Barb 1
More from around the web