Pianist Dan Tepfer wins Cole Porter Fellowship

There are 5 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Apr 30, 2007, titled Pianist Dan Tepfer wins Cole Porter Fellowship. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Paris-born Dan Tepfer won the American Pianists Association's seventh triennial Jazz Fellowship Awards on Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Wowzers

Jacksonville, FL

#1 Apr 30, 2007
*giggle* pianist.... *giggle*
Me Next

United States

#2 Apr 30, 2007
It took a day and a half to announce the winner?
Dr_Strangelove

Evansville, IN

#3 Apr 30, 2007
What a joke, This competition is as poorly put together as Indy Jazz Fest. The city needs to step in and take the fest away from the American Pianists Association. Then it might return to being a decent festival again.

“What would Harry Potter do?”

Since: Mar 07

Northside

#4 Apr 30, 2007
Hey I was there, and I thought all 5 did great. I also really enjoyed the free champagne during intermission. =P
jazzlover

United States

#5 Apr 30, 2007
I was there also. I thought all five performed well. I would agree that the festival organizers could put together a better lineup.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Orchestra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Zaragemca Top Experience (Jul '14) Jul '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News McFall's returns to deliver tango with a twist (Jun '14) Jun '14 Lithuanian Nazi L... 2
zaragemca brief on musical arrangement (Feb '14) Feb '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News Doobie Brothers music in Fountain Park (Jul '13) Jul '13 High 2
News 'The poster child for blight': Tucson icon crum... (May '13) May '13 Barb 1
News Summer concert series returns in 2013 (Apr '13) Apr '13 betty wagner 4
News Nasty Mozart Helps Maria Schneider Find Gift fo... (Nov '12) Nov '12 Eddy James 1
More from around the web