Women set right tone

Women set right tone

There are 1 comment on the The Indianapolis Star story from Jun 16, 2007, titled Women set right tone. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Long pigeonholed as only singers with usually glamorous roles to play in front of the "real" jazzmen, women in jazz now range somewhat more freely across the range of instruments and styles -- and are allowed ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Info

United States

#1 Jun 16, 2007
I loved the big band perormances, but Hiromi and Regina Carter - Fantastic! I haven't been to the Jazz Fest since the first year because I didn't think there was enough jazz, but I was impressed and pleasantly exhausted after Friday night. I look forward to the same feeling when I leave the festival Sunday night. Thanks APA!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Orchestra Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Phonetic Composition Mar '16 Jim Hoskins 1
News Parking and traffic plan outlined for St. Augus... (Nov '15) Dec '15 Stinky Fish 4
Zaragemca Top Experience (Jul '14) Jul '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News McFall's returns to deliver tango with a twist (Jun '14) Jun '14 Lithuanian Nazi L... 2
zaragemca brief on musical arrangement (Feb '14) Feb '14 Gerry Zaragemca 1
News Doobie Brothers music in Fountain Park (Jul '13) Jul '13 High 2
News 'The poster child for blight': Tucson icon crum... (May '13) May '13 Barb 1
More from around the web