RIP Gerald Levert

RIP Gerald Levert

There are 20 comments on the Fredericksburg.com story from Aug 16, 2006, titled RIP Gerald Levert. In it, Fredericksburg.com reports that:

After the death of Luther Vandross last year, old school Soul and R&B music has been hit by the loss of another legend.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fredericksburg.com.

Shaggy

Richmond, VA

#1 Nov 12, 2006
Yes this is a tragic lost to all the fans of the old school soul music..Very big lost...There is another young up in coming sound along the same lines of the old school soul sound..Cousin of grammy award winning singer D'angelo. Hi name is Neemoe Cash.. Who is he? Check out the sound for yourself at myspace.com/cashmanrecords One to look and listen out for.. R I P Gerald Levert
pebbles

Johnstown, PA

#2 Nov 12, 2006
my prayers goes out to Eddie & Family when I that Gerald Levert has left us I cried like a baby I alwaysed called him my husband I even has the Teddy Bear off one of his Cd's on my arm I never missed his shows when he came to Philly Gerald I love you and I will really miss you I have every Cd that he came out with I still shed tears when I hear his music I just ordered two key chains off his web sie a month ago and it's funny I never received them I don't know if that was telling me something
Cie

Philadelphia, PA

#3 Nov 14, 2006
To Eddie Levert, Mrs. Levert and Family. I will truly miss Gerald. It is still hard for me to wrap my mind around him being gone. I loved this man, like he was my husband or something (and I have a husband who sings almost as good as Gerald and is as big as Gerald), but it was just something about his smile. I went to every show whenever he was in Philly, but I never was able to get a Teddy Bear; but that's alright, I have great, great memories and pictures of him that I treasure. Bye Gerald, I know you will definitely be one of God's choir members.

Love ya!
Cie in PHILLY
Queen

United States

#4 Nov 14, 2006
God bless the Levert family. Cleveland's holding you up with prayer. Everbody loved Gerald and did'nt even know him personally. Cleveland feels your pain and know God don't make no mistakes. It was in his plan. He will be comfort for all of Cleveland. We Love You Gerald!!!! Rest with the Father!!
Queen38q

Sugar Land, TX

#5 Nov 14, 2006
This is such shocking news, but oooh my God what a choir they have in heaven now with Luther and Gerald. It is going down up there. To the Family my heart goes out to you, you have my deepest sympathy, sudden death is so hard, i lost my mother suddenly 9 yrs ago and the shock of it is still with me, but God knows best. Go on Gerald and take your rest we love you but God loves best.
Ruth

San Jose, CA

#6 Nov 14, 2006
To Eddie Lavert and Family I and my family feel like we have lost a great friend, brother, son and love one. Gerald was really one of my favorite singers of all times and a great showman. The first time I saw him in Cincinatti and he song my Pop-Pop-Goes my mind, I can't tell you the thrill I felt. Seeing the O'Jays and their sons together, is one of the best concerts ever for me. I was anticipating Geralds next album, and I'm so glad Tom Joyner let me know it was on its way. I have them all. Gerald had so many more great songs than the ones played on the Airways. He will be with us forever, and so will the O'jays.

Thinking of you in Indiana

Ruth
Lisa

Dearborn, MI

#7 Nov 14, 2006
May GOD give the Levert family peace in their times of sorrow. My prayers go out to all of you.
vickie

American Fork, UT

#8 Nov 15, 2006
To the Levert Family I cant describe how deeply sorry I am for the lost of Gerald Levert my prayers and thoughts goes out to you. he will be deeply missed
Marty

American Fork, UT

#9 Nov 15, 2006
gerald levert will be deeply missed by me as a young man growing up I wanted to be just like him. And it's kinda hard to believe he's gone so soon.I wanted to let the Levert family know that he is deeply missed even though he's gone he has no more sickness nor pain
NUMBER ONE FAN

Tampa, FL

#10 Nov 17, 2006
WHEN I HEARD THE NEWS ON GERALD IT FELT LIKE SOME ONE IN MY FAMILY PASSED.I CRIED FOR YOU GERALD AND I STILL CRY ESPECIALLY WHEN I SEE THE VIDEO OF YOU AND YOUR DAD WIND BENEATH MY WINGS.YOU ARE THE WINGS BENEATH YOUR OLD MAN'S WINGS YOU WILL ALWAYS BE REMBERED IN OUR HEARTS.WE WILL KEEP YOU IN OUR PRAYERS.YOUR IN A BETTER PLACE NOW.BUT YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED BY FAMILY ,FRIENDS,AND FANS.AND TO THE LEVERT FAMILY STAY STRONG AND KEEP YA'LL HEADS UP HE'S STILL HERE JUST LOOK DEEPER....IN YA'LL HEARTS.I LOVE YOU GERALD!
NUMBER ONE FAN

Tampa, FL

#11 Nov 17, 2006
WE LOVE YOU GERALD LEVERT YOU WILL BE MISSED YOUR GONE BE TRUST ME YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.WITH LOVE FROM THE HEART STAY STRONG LEVERT FAMILY.
DEBRA

United States

#12 Nov 18, 2006
MY HEART GOES OUT TO HIS FAMILY. GERALD WILL BE TRULY MISSED BUT ALWAYS IN OUR HEARTS AND EVERY TIME WE HERE HIS SONGS WE WILL REMEMBER THAT HE LEFT US HIS GREAT SONGS THAT WILL LIVE ON FOREVER IF THEY ARE MAKING A TIME CAPSULE THEY NEED TO PUT SOME OF HIS CDS IN IT TO SHOW THE FUTURE WHAT MUSIC WAS REALLY ABOUT WHEN A GREAT SINGER SANG THEM LOVE ONE OF YOUR FANS
tulips28203

Norcross, GA

#13 Nov 20, 2006
we have yet again to lose one of the best r&b singers of our time. we love you and will miss you always
SMG -Chicago

Evanston, IL

#14 Nov 21, 2006
Thanks, to the Levert Family for letting Gerald's fans be able to view photos and out takes from his Memorial Service. My heart goes out to you. I just cannot beleive he's gone.I love the baby photo of him, he looks like the most adore-able baby, and the most handsome man I ever laid eyes on,and he could really sing,I mean really sing..I don't know if my heart will ever heal and I'm just a fan. So my love and prays go out to the Levert Family...I just hope we can keep posting messages to express our love and prays for Gerald, his childrens and family memebers. I hope he knew how much he was loved and Sean please don't worry; the public, myself a number one fan of your brother, your-self and your dad-O'Jays, will never forget your wonderful brother.

See you in Indiana this weekend...I know the concert will be a bitter sweet one, but, a number of my family members and friends will be on hand to support Eddie Levert-O'Jays, Whispers,and in Celebration Of Life for our beloved star..Mr,Gerald Levert,Stevie Wonder is a wonderful person and a real Humanitarian. I just love him so! I hope Edddie was able to find some comforted by having him to hold on to in time of need. OK: I'll sign off now because my heart is breaking all over again.

We'love and will miss you something terribly Gerald.
All this even tho you are now singing for the Lord.

Blessed be the peace makers..For you are one!
In Song..I like that fact that you were no Cassanova!
I'm really going to miss that big old smile of yours, but know that I have your music and your smlie in my minds( EYE ) which will allow me to retrive memories of such a heart felt young man.

Eddie you did a job well done in the birth of your 2 son's..

Bless be Gerald**********

Sandra
Chicago
aka
Chi-Town
syt

Santa Cruz De Tenerife, Spain

#15 Nov 26, 2006
what happened to the love ..desde espaƱa..
desansa en paz Gerald
Greg

United States

#16 Nov 26, 2006
from the ghetto to the high rise this is how we living now. stamped in our hearts and minds his giving ways, musical genius, unmatched stage presence,love for family and friends,ability to communicate in any environment, a laugh that would ring throughout the venue you knew he was in the house. Quotes that stays with me, If I can go out and give 150-200% even on a bad day you guys can give 100, I got your back, and when he was on stage and said you can have the shirt off my back thats true too. you never had to worry about him stabbing you in the back because he told you right then and there how he felt. and demanded honesty and respect. A true brother, friend,confidant,soldier.pleas e everyone keep his dream alive equality, peace and perfection.
to the fam im just a call away love greg
janice

Newnan, GA

#17 Feb 12, 2007
To the family of late, Mr.Gerald Lavert,God gave you and the world a very talented,warm hearted young man and thru his singing he was able to reach many people. He has gone but our love fo his legacy.will ever be remembed.
Our prayers and love are with the family in the hours of bereavement. Stay strong he's gone but never to be forgotten.
LOVE FOREVER MORE!
kiana

United States

#18 Mar 11, 2007
to the family of the late gerald levert i was one of his biggest fan i will miss him deeply

Since: Jun 07

Fisherville, KY

#19 Jun 25, 2007
I am still praying for Gerald Levert,mother,father, and family and fans, May the good Lord bless and keep them always.
Sharon

United States

#20 Sep 27, 2008
Yes it is 2008 and i am posting, i am just a little sad now i have been heavily thinking about Gerald and Sean, i know that they are in a better place, but if only the world could just have a little more time with them. I would like to say to the parents of the Levert brothers god will always be with you and he blessed you with two fine sons, he did not take them from you he just called on them to fulfill his palace is all, they are looking down on you smiling and thanking you at this moment, i would like to thank you myself, Eddie and Mrs. Levert for giving me the oppurtunity to here your sons beautiful voice. To the Levert Family stay strong and keep your heads up high.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The o'jays Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hampton Jazz Festival sees strong attendance (Jul '13) Jul '13 K Purdie 1
News Police tally Expo arrests, curfew violations (Jul '07) Jul '12 Gary 380
News Celebrity Home Decorating (Aug '09) Apr '12 Jane Smith 6
News Life's a gamble (Apr '12) Apr '12 Hopedale Louisiana 1
News Your Body's Here With Me (Sep '11) Sep '11 Mian Duray 1
News For The Love Of Money (Sep '11) Sep '11 Mian Duray 1
News Top Things To Do In Philadelphia Today, Aug. 24 (Sep '11) Sep '11 4D Planning 1
More from around the web