Wheeling Jamboree on the Way

Wheeling Jamboree on the Way

There are 9 comments on the Wheeling News story from Jan 12, 2008, titled Wheeling Jamboree on the Way. In it, Wheeling News reports that:

“We hope to eventually bring Brad and his show to Wheeling”

These are just a few of the country music stars Wheeling attorney Jeff McCamic and his new, nonprofit corporation, The Wheeling Jamboree Inc., want to bring to the Friendly City in an effort to help ... via Wheeling News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wheeling News.

Vineyard Cafe

Coraopolis, PA

#1 Jan 15, 2008
How can I get Jeff McCamic's Wheeling Jamboree's
web page or email address.
primo

Martinsburg, WV

#2 Jan 16, 2008
I GREW UP IN VALLEY GROVE IN THE FORTIES, THE WHEELING JAMBOREE WAS THE BIGGEST THING IN ENTERTAINMENT AT THAT TIME.
Bill Knowlton

New York, NY

#3 Feb 5, 2008
I grew up listening to the Jamboree in the 50s as it boomed in loud and clear IN NEW YORK CITY!! As WWVA still does today where I now live--Syracuse.

I wish the new Jamboree would go on the air later than 7 pm as we don't get WWVA 'til after sunset.

Also, I encourage the new Jamboree to include much of what made the original Jamboree famous: BLUEGRASS!!!

AND--I'm so glad that Doc Williams has lived to see this exciting revival happen!
Charleston

AOL

#4 Feb 14, 2008
Vineyard Cafe wrote:
Great New's
Ohio Valley NOW

Toronto, OH

#5 Feb 18, 2008
Vineyard Cafe wrote:
The website is not complete yet, but you can view it here: www.wheelingjamboree.org . The new site will be up and running shortly. It's Being Developed by www.ohiovalleynow.com
ASH

AOL

#6 Feb 18, 2008
THIS IS EXCITING NEW'S..CANT WAIT!
Confused

Columbus, OH

#7 Mar 8, 2008
We are going to see some real growth in wheeling in the next few years. Im just worried that its because of the addition of the table gaming at the track. Not that its a bad thing. But... where there's economic growth, there are crime rates to go with it. Add that with a city administration thats trying to cut a police force to its bare bones, and you're gonna get trouble. Now would be the time to expand your law enforcement. And allow them the opportunity to thwart criminals before they're given a chance to gain a foothold on your community.
Musicmaniac

Wexford, PA

#8 Dec 4, 2009
Catch the George Lucas band at the Wheeling Jamboree this Saturday night. If you like your country a mix of traditional, bluesy, slightly updated (not "new") this band is your cup of tea! Extremely entertaining!!!
www.wheelingjamboree.org
www.wheelingjamboree.tv
www.georgecountry.com
I was gonna drive over

United States

#9 Dec 6, 2009
Confused wrote:
We are going to see some real growth in wheeling in the next few years. Im just worried that its because of the addition of the table gaming at the track. Not that its a bad thing. But... where there's economic growth, there are crime rates to go with it. Add that with a city administration thats trying to cut a police force to its bare bones, and you're gonna get trouble. Now would be the time to expand your law enforcement. And allow them the opportunity to thwart criminals before they're given a chance to gain a foothold on your community.
What, in heavens name does this have to do with the Jamboree?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Country Music Royalty' Will Grace Dogwood Park (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jims Cousin 7
find olf video (Dec '11) Dec '11 elouise tucker 1
News Steve Martin Wins Bluegrass Award (Oct '11) Oct '11 Deo Vindice 1
News Celebrity birthdays for July 11 (Jul '10) Jul '10 wowzers 1
News Festival posts musical guests - Sun, 16 May 201... (May '10) May '10 cherry morgan 1
News John McEuen kicks off Farris Concert Series Oct... (Oct '09) Oct '09 guest 1
News Music lineup set for Marin County Fair (Apr '09) Jul '09 Anonymous Coward 19
More from around the web