Troy, MO Latest To Ban Bath Salts Used As Drug

Jan 28, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KTVI - Fox2Now.com

The town of Troy, Missouri in Lincoln County has banned a substance marketed as bath salts that some people are using as a drug.

Comments
1 - 13 of 13 Comments Last updated Sep 17, 2011
icp

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

Oh My Gosh, What morons. Bath salt is nothing but road salt with coloring and perfumes. How are they using bath salt as drugs I wonder.
icp

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

( just read the story) lordy , If the druggies want to use it . all they have to do is go into another town. Whats next, sniffing baby powder?
you going to band every house hold product, that they can use as drugs. If they want to get high they will find other things to use. Band spray paint. They can sniff that to.
Typical

Saint Peters, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 29, 2011

Judged:

ICP maybe you have sniffed a few too many cans of spray paints. I love when some "moron" comes on here and spouts off, without a clue about what they are talking about. This bath salt is sold for $30 for 1/2 gram at the head shop. How many 1/2 grams of bath salt, do you think someone is going to purchase at $30 a piece, for their bath. This is NOT like the kind sold at Wal Mart or Wal Greens. It has a chemical in it, which is similar to methampetamine. It has already been catagorized as a controlled substance (felony) in Florida and Louisiana. Why dont you google it and see how many deaths and injuries have come from people using it. While your at it, you may want to wikipedia the word band in the context that you use it above. Then you can bring a band to protest the ban on the salt. Idiot!! And thank you City of Troy for taking the first step to get rid of this poison.

Since: Jan 11

Hampstead, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Judged:

hahaha troy be gettin HiGH! hahaha

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2011

Yeah this is going on nationwide.
momofsu

Wentzville, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 8, 2011

Judged:

Remember how hard Matt Bass fought the adult book store that someone wanted to open off Main St? But NOT the headshop! lol
you guys are all wrong

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

Typical wrote:
ICP maybe you have sniffed a few too many cans of spray paints. I love when some "moron" comes on here and spouts off, without a clue about what they are talking about. This bath salt is sold for $30 for 1/2 gram at the head shop. How many 1/2 grams of bath salt, do you think someone is going to purchase at $30 a piece, for their bath. This is NOT like the kind sold at Wal Mart or Wal Greens. It has a chemical in it, which is similar to methampetamine. It has already been catagorized as a controlled substance (felony) in Florida and Louisiana. Why dont you google it and see how many deaths and injuries have come from people using it. While your at it, you may want to wikipedia the word band in the context that you use it above. Then you can bring a band to protest the ban on the salt. Idiot!! And thank you City of Troy for taking the first step to get rid of this poison.
yes another argument this stuff has been around for a long long time the chemical is call methadrone
Ok people you guys dont know anything about drugs or how news reporters work.. first there are so many ways to get high that they sell in the grocery store anyone can but it any age(robotussin) listen bath salt is sold at smoke shops 18 and older.. if ur kid gets his hands on it then u really need to be a better parent.. there will be a new way to get fucked up with every age generation so fucking put a tamp in ur vag!na.. Alchl is the most addicting and is the most dangerous drug out there... ealier u put police reports on here.. and news reporters over exagerate so please some one show me a legit news report and please someone find autopsy saying cause of death bath salt the kids that are dying commited sucide yes when u come down u get depressed..well i dont know of any person place or thing that doesnt depress somonepolicereport lmao yes if ur already crazy then yes this stuff will make u crazy so would alchol im sorry when people get clean of meth and herion cause of legal reasons let them have there fun.. cause we need a new addictive drug like alchol that we can tax and the goverment can make there money this country needs money cause thats the only reason alchol is legal cause highley addictive and if some one tells me they rather have an alcholic working for u then a crack head or bath salt there lying straight up.. crack head wil work faster and please u people that have time on there hands correct my spelling.. please someone win this arguement

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2011

28yr old woman from Alton died from OD on "bath salts" today.....This stuff is no joke.. PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND STOP CHASING THAT "HIGH"

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

Its a self solving problem as long as the people dont hurt someone else in the process which has happened a multitude of times. All of the synthetics are very dangerous and highly addictive. People r saying the "salts" are more addictive than methamphetamine. I cant beleive they allow retroactive to even remain in business in troy. This drug is far worse than alcohol.
Brewman

Lake Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 8, 2011

I have witnessed what this "Bath Salt" can do to a 20 year old healthy boy... It is badass drug that can take a good healthy person down on his knees... It grabbed him quick and hard.. He is lucky to be alive but I believe it has damaged his body and brain for life..

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

I work at a local hospital and have seen the effects of these "bath salts". It is scary, you can feel great one time you do it, and the next time have a psychotic break. That is what is so dangerous, each time you do it, your body & brain react a different way. Kind of a Russian Roulette thing. Just please don't do it!
Drug Use

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Brewman wrote:
I have witnessed what this "Bath Salt" can do to a 20 year old healthy boy... It is badass drug that can take a good healthy person down on his knees... It grabbed him quick and hard.. He is lucky to be alive but I believe it has damaged his body and brain for life..
I doubt the bath salts were his first use of illegal drugs. He most likely had brain damage before the bath salts, thus his poor choice to use them.
Phoenix

Glenwood, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 17, 2011

Judged:

All these people sing the bath salts, know the consequeces, they have scar, burns, trips to er, go to rehab, but guess what they don't really want to quit because they go back to doing it. No matter what type of drug it is people will find the ways and means to be able to purchase it and they dfon't care if they steal from family or friends all that matters is their high. Basically you can't blame the drug, you need to blame the person for not wanting to break the cycle and put the drugs behind them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Nine Discussions

Search the The Nine Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Nine-year-old Lily releases album (Jan '11) Jan '13 MrFlames 6
2 shot dead outside Indianapolis night club (Jun '12) Aug '12 Alonzo X 23
Bath salts a dirty business (Jun '11) Jun '11 buddha blazer 27
Worth wants Werner (Apr '11) Apr '11 Thank You 1
Nine-year-old G'burg boy the new Prince of Pop? (Mar '11) Mar '11 Colorado Chick 45
County OKs plans for amusement park across from... (Mar '11) Mar '11 destroyerman 1
German, French, Vietnamese dancers stage Faces (Feb '11) Feb '11 nguoi viet uk NVN 000 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••