Obama's 'Change' Would Turn Back Clock

Obama's 'Change' Would Turn Back Clock

There are 10 comments on the www.newsmax.com story from Oct 29, 2008, titled Obama's 'Change' Would Turn Back Clock. In it, www.newsmax.com reports that:

As Barack Obama’s supporters look heavenward for the salvation of his coming new deal, a scholar looks to history’s original New Deal and finds Obama’s plan won’t pull the U.S. economy out of limbo.

Michael Barone, resident fellow at the American Enterprise Institute in Washington, reminds us that the purpose of FDR’s New Deal legislation was not, as commonly thought, to restore economic growth — but rather to freeze the economy in place at a time when it seemed locked in a downward spiral.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.newsmax.com.

Freedom Lover

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Oct 29, 2008
King James Version
The Book of Revelation
Chapter 13

How long is the beast allowed to have authority in Revelations?
Revelations Chapter 13 tells us it is 42 months, and you know what that is.
Almost a four-year term of a Presidency.
All I can say is 'Lord, Have mercy on us!'
According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ will
be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with
persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....the prophecy says
that people will flock to him and he will promise false hope and world peace,
and when he is in power, will destroy everything..
Do we recognize this description??
I STRONGLY URGE each one of you to post this as many times as
you can! Each opportunity that you have to send it to a friend or media outlet. do it!
I refuse to take a chance on this unknown candidate who came out of nowhere.

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 29, 2008
Freedom Lover wrote:
According to The Book of Revelations the anti-Christ is: The anti-Christ will be a man, in his 40's, of MUSLIM descent, who will deceive the nations with
persuasive language, and have a MASSIVE Christ-like appeal....Do we recognize this description??
Look - I have no love for Obama and what he represents, and I have studied the Book of Revelations several times in the past 24 years. I have read it in the King James, New International Version, etc etc.

NOWHERE does it say it was a man of Muslim decent in his 40's.

Please - don't post this kind of crap because it takes away the credibility of Christians who are of sound mind and logic that seek to restore the Republic, the Constitution, and the moral and ethical base of this country.
Spendaholics

Davao City, Philippines

#3 Oct 30, 2008
Let's Hope it turns back the clock like 16 years, that would be nice!

Since: Aug 08

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2008
Spendaholics wrote:
Yes - let's bring back a Republican Controlled Congress after which Clinton enjoyed the reputation of his economic growth.
Spendaholics

Davao City, Philippines

#6 Oct 30, 2008
Nice try, no dice for me!
Escape from Chicago

Goldsboro, NC

#7 Oct 30, 2008
Spendaholics

Davao City, Philippines

#8 Oct 31, 2008
"The Sky Is Falling"......."The Sky Is Falling"!!
Escape from Chicago

Goldsboro, NC

#9 Oct 31, 2008
Spendaholics wrote:
Let's turn back the clock to the year 2006! Americans were buying homes, new cars, new clothes at the malls, eating out at fine restaurants, taking cruises and vacationing overseas, and living large. Then, in 2006, they wanted CHANGE. So, they voted in a Democratic Congress and they got change all right. Now the country is in a mess. If Obama gets in, they will have more CHANGE - change that they cannot stop because there will be no accountability, checks and balances.
Spendaholics

Davao City, Philippines

#10 Oct 31, 2008
Escape from Chicago wrote:
<quoted text> Let's turn back the clock to the year 2006! Americans were buying homes, new cars, new clothes at the malls, eating out at fine restaurants, taking cruises and vacationing overseas, and living large. Then, in 2006, they wanted CHANGE. So, they voted in a Democratic Congress and they got change all right. Now the country is in a mess. If Obama gets in, they will have more CHANGE - change that they cannot stop because there will be no accountability, checks and balances.
Kinda like the Billion dollar checks being written by the boys to cover the azzes?
Spendaholics

Davao City, Philippines

#11 Oct 31, 2008
I think you said it best when you said "living large", to many people were living large and when they get sucked into the 'large' part it's bound to catch up to them one way or the other. It's my opinion that clock was ticking a long time ago, it's just that many of them got a 'slap in the face' reality check, most likely from their own doings and nobody elses.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The New Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The New Deal Goes South (Jul '13) Jul '13 Terry 1
News Wonkblog book club: "Fear Itself" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Holly 1
News 'New Deal' on hep C (Mar '13) Mar '13 Zellers pharmacy 1
News The Taliban vs. Teenage Girl, Richard Hell, The... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Alex 1
News Political Book Club: A Reading List (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
News Wynne Liberals plan to continue ONTC fire sale (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
News Book review: 'The Great Deformation: The Corrup... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
More from around the web