We need a civilian ROTC

Full story: Lowell Sun
Imagine a time when government work was exciting, widely admired and much sought after. Full Story
President Hussein

Tyngsboro, MA

#1 Nov 18, 2009
Just another commie idea to be put into action under this jackarse administration...
yourmomsayshi

AOL

#2 Nov 18, 2009
Can you say Hitler Youth!!!
This is a BS plan. Imagine if you did not want to work on a prodject the hire ups wanted.
Amused

Boston, MA

#3 Nov 18, 2009
Imagine a time when government work involved no heavy lifting, few qualifications besides a connection to a politician, great perks and benefits, all followed by a fat pension. That time is now. We don't need to develop a reserve corps of hacks. We have all we need, perhaps more than we realize, as many are forgotten yet not gone. From the State House's corps of doormen, who outnumber the doors to the many workers of the MBTA waiting for the chance to suffer a career-ending injury that lets them retire early on a disability pension, to Sandy Ames gently dozing on the loading dock, we have legions of stalwart payroll patriots counting the days to St. Patrick's Day... Oh, excuse me, Evacuation Day, or Bunker Hill day. Vacancies by death are few, by resignation, none, as Thomas Jefferson noted.
David

Thaxton, VA

#4 Nov 18, 2009
it is called Militia
AvgJoe

Brookline, MA

#5 Nov 18, 2009
This country is in real trouble. And I blame pea-brained editorial boards that allow this type of drivel to make it into papers. Civilian ROTC???? The last I checked we have too many bureaucrats.

Fortunately, newspapers and editorial boards are becoming irrelevant because of independent journalist on the internet.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The New Deal Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The New Deal Goes South (Jul '13) Jul '13 Terry 1
Wonkblog book club: "Fear Itself" (Jul '13) Jul '13 Holly 1
'New Deal' on hep C (Mar '13) Mar '13 Zellers pharmacy 1
The Taliban vs. Teenage Girl, Richard Hell, The... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Alex 1
Political Book Club: A Reading List (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
Wynne Liberals plan to continue ONTC fire sale (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
Book review: 'The Great Deformation: The Corrup... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Dean 1
More from around the web