Country Music Deaths of 2007

Country Music Deaths of 2007

There are 1 comment on the WJPS-FM Evansville story from Jan 2, 2008, titled Country Music Deaths of 2007. In it, WJPS-FM Evansville reports that:

“Hey, Mr. Sax Man") and former Nashville A-team saxophone sideman, July 3 in Nashville. Del Reeves , 73, Grand Ole Opry star, impressionist and recording artist ("Girl on the Billboard”

Hall of Fame Members Porter Wagoner and Hank Thompson Among the Losses In 2007, the world lost two of its most revered Country Music Hall of Fame members -- Porter Wagoner and Hank Thompson -- along with a host ... via WJPS-FM Evansville

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WJPS-FM Evansville.

Joe Don West

Red Deer, Canada

#1 Mar 23, 2008
I had the pleasure of recording at Fireside studios in Nashville for years, Porter was truly great as was one of his engineers Al Gore was. They were a privilege to be around. Hank Thompson was my hero with western swing. Earths losses are heavens gains and the Lortd sure must be smiling these days.

God Bless you all for the memories Joe West

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Mavericks Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 24 Dead in Devastating West Virginia Flooding Jun '16 ELISE GINGERICH 1
News Blue Plum Festival set to begin Friday Jun '16 Lewis McCrumb 5
News Mavs wrap up home schedule Friday Apr '16 Lucy Jane 1
News Video: Where was John Kerry? (Jul '13) Jul '13 John Kerry Wind S... 2
News Destination America Announces Grammy and The Ma... (Jul '13) Jul '13 RLong 1
News Michael Guerra Band receives great reception at... (Jun '13) Jun '13 May 1
News New Music We Love: David Bowie, Susan Boyle, Br... (May '13) May '13 tigger31086 1
More from around the web