CDs you may have missed

Full story: Daily Breeze

It's time again to make our annual attempt to rectify a year's worth of slights and injustices, with a look at worthy CDs that never got reviewed in these pages and deserve a second chance.
Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 27, 2008
Lauri

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2008

I so agree - that Rick Springfield's "What's Victoria's Secret" is a fantastic song. The whole CD "Venus in Overdrive" SO should have topped charts and in another time and place - it WOULD have. I play it frequently, have shared it with friends who also loved it (including non "fans"). Give it a listen - it's a new sound with the hard vibe and energy that made "Working Class Dog" so terrific way back when. His vocals are superb and the title song rocks enough for the younger generation. Kudos to Rick for continually producing new talented stuff - now it's up to you to check it out. Makes a great post- Christmas gift!. Best Buy actually has a version with 2 added songs ($13.99)- acoustic "Jessie's Girl" and cover of "My Generation". Rick Springfield is Rick Super Talented!
Renee D

Batavia, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 27, 2008

I couldn't agree more with the review of Rick Springfield's "Venus in Overdrive." Rick has really brought back to life some retro sounds mixed in the spirit of today's music. He continues to be an outstanding performer as well, but doesn't seem to get the credit he deserves. My vote for best single would be "Miss That Someday." There is much more to Rick Springfield that just "Jessie's Girl," but if you loved that song then, you will be just as hooked today! Give it a listen!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Last Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonas Brothers Suck, Says British Music Site (Feb '09) Aug '11 Tokio Hotel Addicted 21
Jonas Brothers Nominated For 'Worst Band' By NM... (Feb '09) Aug '11 Tokio Hotel Addicted 27
Despite off-key year, 2010 had musical moments (Jan '11) Jan '11 Tiempo 2
SOUTH BAY HISTORY: Hermosa Beach 'Church' (Nov '10) Nov '10 Citizen Hermosa 1
Brooks and Dunn show a hit, despite Dunn's sore... (Jun '10) Jun '10 marian 1
Interview: Metalocalypse Animators Birth Titmou... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Evan 1
White Swan Runs Red (Sep '08) Sep '08 Crystal 1

Search the The Last Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••