Katy Perry ties Beatles record for No...

Katy Perry ties Beatles record for No. 1 single

There are 4 comments on the MSNBC story from Aug 8, 2008, titled Katy Perry ties Beatles record for No. 1 single. In it, MSNBC reports that:

Katy Perry's "I Kissed a Girl" led Billboard's Hot 100 singles chart for a seventh week on Thursday, tying the Beatles to become the longest-running No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Data_

Since: Apr 08

Schaumburg, IL

#1 Aug 9, 2008
Never heard of it or her for that matter, lol.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#2 Aug 9, 2008
Same for Mariah Carey tying Elvis' singles too.

Sadly I can't think of one single Mariah Carey song.

Not sure if it's true or not, but I heard Katy Perry used to be a Christian recording artist.
Jon S

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2008
Katy who? I didn't read the article but my memeory is that Hey Jude was #1 for ten weeks. Although I maybe wrong.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#4 Aug 9, 2008
Jon S wrote:
Katy who? I didn't read the article but my memeory is that Hey Jude was #1 for ten weeks. Although I maybe wrong.
As you and Data both said "Katy who?".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Knack Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Learn The Fascinating Stories Behind These Clas... (Apr '15) Apr '15 Hyacinth 2
News Why Weird Al is still the king of spoof (Jul '14) Jul '14 Pop Tart- 6
News Weird Al Yankovic says next album will be his last (Jun '13) Jun '13 quilterqueen 15
News Fieger, leader of power pop band the Knack, dead (Feb '10) Feb '10 Al x 1
News The Knack Lead Singer Doug Fieger Dies (Feb '10) Feb '10 Skeeter 1
News Alvin and the Chipmunks launch iMunks.com (Jan '08) Jan '08 dom 1
News Getting 'Weird' at the Z: Master of parody to t... (Sep '07) Sep '07 Anasti 1