Catch reunited Fleetwood Mac on Thurs...

Catch reunited Fleetwood Mac on Thursday in Sunrise

There are 16 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 16, 2009, titled Catch reunited Fleetwood Mac on Thursday in Sunrise. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

If yesterday's gone, as Fleetwood Mac once sang, what's up with yesterday's bands? They don't appear to be going anywhere.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

Go Boy

United States

#1 Apr 18, 2009
Time for Mac to retire. Christine Mckvie had the good sense to do it years ago. They can't do all the songs she sang lead on. And does anyone really want to hear 60 something Stevie Nicks, sing "on the edge of 17"?
Student

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#2 Apr 20, 2009
And how many songs was that? Stevie Nicks is the lead in Fleetwood Mac and has one of the most distinct voices in music>>>>
Go Boy wrote:
Time for Mac to retire. Christine Mckvie had the good sense to do it years ago. They can't do all the songs she sang lead on. And does anyone really want to hear 60 something Stevie Nicks, sing "on the edge of 17"?

Since: Dec 06

Alexandria, VA

#3 Apr 20, 2009
Looking forward to seeing them together, minus Christine of course, but still very excited. Their music is classic, but this will be the last time for me to see them...ticket prices are ridiculous!
Jim

United States

#4 Apr 20, 2009
I went to see them in concert in Philly around 1976 or 77. That was a great show! The marijuana being smoked freely in the Spectrum at the time may have made it sound even better. I want to remember the way they were then rather than see them now. The price these groups charge now is excessive.
Mayor McCheeze

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Apr 20, 2009
Student wrote:
And how many songs was that? Stevie Nicks is the lead in Fleetwood Mac and has one of the most distinct voices in music>>>>
<quoted text>
Christie sang lead in "Songbird", "Don't Stop", "You Make Loving Fun" to name a few. More importantly was her keyboard playing and vocal harmonies in every song. Will not be the same without her.

Since: Apr 09

Homestead, FL

#6 Apr 20, 2009
Jim wrote:
The price these groups charge now is excessive.
Way.
I saw Van Halen in 1984. Ticket was $14.50. And I thought that was bad. Now unless you fork out $100 bucks your SOL. Total shame.
Mayor McCheeze

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#7 Apr 20, 2009
Oh, let's not forget "You Make Loving Fun" and "Hold Me". Christine McVie lead on both.
Priced Out Mac Fan

West Palm Beach, FL

#8 Apr 21, 2009
I grew up in the 70's and 80's and love Fleetwood Mac. I've never seen them live (by the time I was in HS they'd already split).
I went to look for tix for the Bank Atlantic show to take my wife for our anniversary. However to get decent seats (where we're not just watching the big screen), with parking/svc charges it would've been a minimum of $225-$250+.
The irony... I remember seeing an interview with Stevie from the late 90's reunion tour where she talks about how Lindsay wanted to do a double album. But he was talked about of it because Stevie and the others thought that their fan base is older now and juggling money for raising kids and didn't have the money for a $25-$30 double album/CD set.
In South Florida if they played a smaller outdoor venue like Mizner or Cruzan (like EWF & Chicago have), the ticket prices would drop steeply and you could get decent seats for $100-$150/couple... again a tough sell in a recession, but more manageable.
Or if you look to the boomers and the late 60's/early 70's top stars, you see acts like Tony Orlando and Marilyn McCoo (both top 40 legends in their time) making the sounds at the active adult communities.
Andy

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Apr 21, 2009
Wishbone Ash U.S. tour should begin in the fall. Pioneers of the twin guitar sound!
scjonny

Cincinnati, OH

#10 Apr 21, 2009
50 bucks for nosebleed? no for jonny
I will scalp for $20 if it aint happening I'll put on Rumours & fire 1 up
Greg

Longwood, FL

#11 Apr 23, 2009
Without Christine, the band is a waste.
MT_pockets

New Orleans, LA

#12 Apr 23, 2009
They are definitely not the same band anymore without Christine, but I will go to hear Lindsey Buckingham play the guitar. It is worth listening to them butcher the 2 or 3 Christine songs they add in to hear him play live.-- Stevie has an mostly emotional, memory tweaking appeal for me at this stage, but Lindsey is the musician in the band who is still vital and relevant. And I agree everyone that these ticket prices are indefensible. Is the concert biz just completely controlled by the Mob now, or what?
HtR

Ormond Beach, FL

#13 Apr 23, 2009
They sound like they sing through a toilet roll.
They are no Mick Jagger. They suck.
Native

Schaumburg, IL

#14 Apr 24, 2009
Ticket prices are too high. Go to a local club and support your local bands instead.
das

Pompano Beach, FL

#15 Apr 24, 2009
And get stoned and Drunk too........
Dennis

Miami Beach, FL

#16 Apr 24, 2009
Saw the show at Bank Atlantic. It was awesome. Lindsay was wide open. Nick is still crazy. Stevie started off slow but more than redeemed herself by the end of the show. She is still amazing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Red, white and boom! Gaston county fireworks sc... (Jul '14) Jul '14 We all know 2
News Music is Art invades North Buffalo for 11th yea... (Sep '13) Sep '13 TJ Howley 1
News kids (Apr '12) Apr '12 Bell 1
News What's on (Apr '12) Apr '12 Bell 1
News AMAs mix awards with action-packed performances (Nov '08) Nov '08 Sateb Namorn 2
News Benefit concert to feature South Florida '80s b... (Aug '08) Aug '08 MsB 7
News Ten Things You Never Knew About Johnny Depp (Jan '08) Jan '08 JoJoBell 1
More from around the web