Southern Gospel Review - Goodman vide...

Southern Gospel Review - Goodman video recorded in 1974 released on DVD

There are 5 comments on the Harlan Daily Enterprise story from Aug 23, 2007, titled Southern Gospel Review - Goodman video recorded in 1974 released on DVD. In it, Harlan Daily Enterprise reports that:

My all-time favorite Southern gospel music family is the Happy Goodman Family. Sam, Rusty, Vestal and Howard Goodman have all passed away, and New Haven Films has released a videotape of a Goodman concert ... via Harlan Daily Enterprise

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Harlan Daily Enterprise.

jerri lane

Hawthorne, FL

#1 Mar 4, 2008
The Happy Goodmans Have always been the greatest
of people and they lived what they believed in, and Vestal was the best singer in the world, I have always wondered about their children, I believe they had 2 boys and 2 girls, did any of them ever follow in their parents love of God and music?
sherry meek

Buffalo Grove, IL

#2 Mar 17, 2008
This family came to our church every year for our church anniversary ( in lufkin ,tx)and we had on the grounds dinner,and singing ,the song the king is coming was the favorite ,I remember most of the kids and the stories of the spilt it broke my heart as a child,I grew with my grandparents to whom resemble this family very much,my grandfather played the guitar and we would sing at home and I could just go on ,this was a wonder family and I felt and fell so connected to them somewhere in my grandparents old house I am sure there is or was an old picture of their family,and use to be records, I miss those old days as my grandmother is gone and my grandfather in bad shape but he still finds a way to praise GOD and tell others .

Since: Oct 10

United States

#3 Nov 7, 2010
jerri lane wrote:
The Happy Goodmans Have always been the greatest
of people and they lived what they believed in, and Vestal was the best singer in the world, I have always wondered about their children, I believe they had 2 boys and 2 girls, did any of them ever follow in their parents love of God and music?
. I just want to mention that Rick , Howard and Vestals son, was at many of the Goodman concerts. And he is a very nice man. I talk to him and he was always nice. Not a bit pretentious or upity . He looks like his mom. Same overbite, eyes, and build as Vestal. Their daughter Victoria "vicki" sang with them for awhile but in later years kelped a low profile. She is also nice and respectful..and has a great humility about her character.

United States

#4 Nov 7, 2010
sherry meek wrote:
This family came to our church every year for our church anniversary ( in lufkin ,tx)and we had on the grounds dinner,and singing ,the song the king is coming was the favorite ,I remember most of the kids and the stories of the spilt it broke my heart as a child,I grew with my grandparents to whom resemble this family very much,my grandfather played the guitar and we would sing at home and I could just go on ,this was a wonder family and I felt and fell so connected to them somewhere in my grandparents old house I am sure there is or was an old picture of their family,and use to be records, I miss those old days as my grandmother is gone and my grandfather in bad shape but he still finds a way to praise GOD and tell others .
when u think of the Happy Goodman Family don't u think about those old time revivals they always had at your churches every now and then? And homecomings too!..I do. Just think of all the times the Goodmans sang in those old tents and sheds that those revivals were held in. You'd really have to be commited to do that so many times..not knowing if u were going to make enough money or not at each one.

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2010
I think a movie for tv should be made about the Happy Goodman Family . It would really be worth watching!! They really are beloved by more people then you realize.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Happy Goodman Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Southern gospel with Bill Gaither (Nov '10) Feb '13 HarleyTeeFord 4
News 'Mr. Country-Gospel' Bob Willis dies (Jul '09) May '11 ms_tickled 2
people lets chat!! (Nov '10) Nov '10 Clay Feltz 1
Children (Mar '08) Oct '10 Clay Feltz 4
photo of the family when all 4 sisters & 4 brot... (Nov '08) Nov '08 Mike Moss 1
johnny minick (Aug '08) Aug '08 sherri robinson 1
More from around the web