Phil Lesh / Warren Haynes

Nov 21, 2012 Full story: KBCO.com

Famed for his three-decade stint as the bassist with the Grateful Dead, Phil Lesh was born March 15, 1940, in Berkeley, CA; rooted in jazz and classical performance, he initially explored the violin and trumpet and, while attending Mills College, studied avant-garde composition and electronic music ... MORE

Full Story
lookout mama

Warwick, NY

#1 Nov 22, 2012
been dead fan since 73,love phils post jerry work, why don't i like haynes?? even in the allmans i'm just not digging him.i feel bad and maybe need an intervention...with his resume it's just unbelievable.i think he would be voted "the guitar player you would most like in your band" but still i resist..happy thanksgiving to all..........
lien

Stockton, NJ

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Haynes is best when paired with a sonic counterpoint like Jimmy Herring. Alone, his guitar work (to my ears) begins to sound *the same* no matter what song he's playing. I'm sure there's a technical definition as to why this is, but whatever. Lots of folks enjoy his playing so he's doing something right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Grateful Dead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Martin Scorsese onboard for Grateful Dead docum... Nov '14 Kid_Tomorrow 1
Jerry Garcia's Marin County house goes up for sale (Sep '10) Aug '14 Nerfy in Chugiak 27
Chauvet Professional Legend Series Creates Aura... Aug '14 Sir Samuel 1
Review & Photos | Gathering Of The Vibes | Thur... Aug '14 brandy 13
The Grateful Dead and Bob Weir's long strange trip (Apr '14) Apr '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
lost ring (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jason 1
Quackery unbound (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pat 1
More from around the web