'60s LSD figure Owsley Stanley dies i...

'60s LSD figure Owsley Stanley dies in Australia

There are 16 comments on the The York Daily Record story from Mar 13, 2011, titled '60s LSD figure Owsley Stanley dies in Australia. In it, The York Daily Record reports that:

Owsley "Bear" Stanley, a 1960s counterculture icon who worked with The Grateful Dead and was a prolific LSD producer, died in a car crash in Australia, his family said Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The York Daily Record.

Smoke em if you got em

York, PA

#1 Mar 13, 2011
Be a much better world if they ALL would have dropped dead in the 60's...good riddance!

Since: Aug 08

Lebanon, PA

#2 Mar 14, 2011
did he live there or was he on a "trip"?
Legs

Armidale, Australia

#3 Mar 14, 2011
Ironic if a flash back distracted him.
Psychodelic 000069

New Freedom, PA

#4 Mar 14, 2011
Hey man. Did you ever look at your hand, I mean reeeeeaaalllly look at it? What? SSShhhhh. I think the pigs are listening.
Steal Your Face

Lancaster, PA

#5 Mar 14, 2011
Goodnight White Rabbit long may you dance, your contributions to the hive and to humanity live on. The changes to our culture inspired by the Summer of Love and The Merry Pranksters continue to evolve. Peace is the only way to spread Peace. War is a false prophet that destroys.
Betternubu

Elizabethtown, PA

#6 Mar 14, 2011
Smoke em if you got em wrote:
Be a much better world if they ALL would have dropped dead in 60's...good riddance!
And the world is better with a hater like you still here, huh? Bet someone will say the world is better after you buy the farm.
The Daily Planet

York, PA

#7 Mar 14, 2011
I can only imagine that he had to be in a VW microbus....
smoke these

Toledo, OH

#8 Mar 14, 2011
Smoke em if you got em wrote:
Be a much better world if they ALL would have dropped dead in the 60's...good riddance!
I'll assume, based on the content and overall stupidity of our post, you'll be gone soon. I doubt many people will care. Certainly less than this man.

Go f*ck yourself you disgusting, bible-beating redneck.
window pane

York, PA

#9 Mar 14, 2011
happy trails to you
Huge Influence

Reading, PA

#10 Mar 14, 2011
Like it or not, the guy had a huge influence on the world as we know it. Design, fashion, architecture, music and politics were all influenced by the workings of this guy. You might not like or agree with the changes brought about, but they are undeniable.
hmmm

Gainesville, VA

#11 Mar 14, 2011
what a long strange trip for him...you haters probably lived in York County your whole entire life!
Owsley saved me

Westminster, MD

#12 Mar 14, 2011
Bear was a great American and a real hero.
Legs

Armidale, Australia

#13 Mar 14, 2011
Feaking druggies
legs yes but brain no

Westminster, MD

#14 Mar 14, 2011
Legs wrote:
Feaking druggies
Feaking?
Legsofahighlande r

Armidale, Australia

#15 Mar 14, 2011
LOL at least you have a sense of humor.

Feaking? Use your imagination, saves having to post twice, when flagged for swearing.

Fucking druggie. Use what you have left of your black spotted ridden brain.:-)) Or you may have a flash back and end up like your High influenced hippy hero.
legs yes but brain no

Westminster, MD

#16 Mar 15, 2011
Legsofahighlander wrote:
LOL at least you have a sense of humor.
Feaking? Use your imagination, saves having to post twice, when flagged for swearing.
Fucking druggie. Use what you have left of your black spotted ridden brain.:-)) Or you may have a flash back and end up like your High influenced hippy hero.
Well, thanks for clearing that up mate.

Needledick.:-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Grateful Dead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 420's long, strange trip to pot holiday began i... Wed Janet 1
owsley belt buckle (Apr '08) Feb '18 Deadheadsup87 77
News 'Long Strange Trip' Director: Childhood Trauma ... Nov '17 Phyllis Schlafly ... 1
News He Said, She Said: a Long Strange Tripa is Rose... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Parden Pard 3
News Wake The Dead brings Celtic and Grateful Dead m... (Mar '17) Mar '17 Welles 1
News Thief Gets Away With Grateful Dead Leader's Toilet (Apr '06) Mar '17 Ripple Phart 11
News Naked activists parade in San Francisco's Haigh... (Aug '16) Feb '17 James Ridgeway 8