Grateful Dead Archive makes its public debut in New York

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

"It's the first time that the physical materials from the Archive have been available in any large number," said Fredric Lieberman, the UCSC music professor who co-authored the landmark book "Planet Drum" with Grateful Dead percussionist Mickey Hart.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
waste of money

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

5

4

4

This is a disgrace and almost everyone is on board celebrating the glorification of the
drug-addled social behavior that this group represents. We are doomed if this is the best we can do!
rich kids

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

New York City?
WALSTIB

Felton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

2

1

1

I think it's unfortunate that UCSC got the archives, not that I don't think they are a valuable treasure for americana folklore, it's just that UCSC doesn't carry the seriousness that say a Sanford or Berkley would. UCSC, and Santa Cruz still have a lot of growing up to do and attracting more hippies in busses is NOT what this town needs right now!
Jerry

Stockton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

1

WALSTIB wrote:
I think it's unfortunate that UCSC got the archives, not that I don't think they are a valuable treasure for americana folklore, it's just that UCSC doesn't carry the seriousness that say a Sanford or Berkley would. UCSC, and Santa Cruz still have a lot of growing up to do and attracting more hippies in busses is NOT what this town needs right now!
What A Long Strange Trip It's Been...
huh

Hayward, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 2, 2010
 
note to WALSTIB: the majority of deadheads are NOT "hippies in buses". That deadhead stereotype is long dead and buried. We are among you.....accountants, businessmen, scientists, scholars, the Santa Cruz County Supervisor, two U.S. Senators........

“It's ALL BUSH'S FAULT”

Since: Sep 09

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 2, 2010
 

Judged:

2

2

2

waste of money wrote:
This is a disgrace and almost everyone is on board celebrating the glorification of the
drug-addled social behavior that this group represents. We are doomed if this is the best we can do!
Sounds EXACTLY like the O-BUMMER Administration...
THANKS FOR THE INSIGHT!!!
Caelum Sinclair

Aptos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 3, 2010
 
huh wrote:
note to WALSTIB: the majority of deadheads are NOT "hippies in buses". That deadhead stereotype is long dead and buried. We are among you.....accountants, businessmen, scientists, scholars, the Santa Cruz County Supervisor, two U.S. Senators........
and of course Ann Coulter...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent The Grateful Dead Discussions

Search the The Grateful Dead Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
lost ring Mar 21 Jason 1
Quackery unbound Dec '13 Pat 1
Joan Osborne to cover all-Grateful Dead cover s... Nov '13 Anonymous 1
San Francisco venue will keep Jerry Garcia's name (Sep '13) Sep '13 SmilinDave 1
owsley belt buckle (Apr '08) Aug '13 Starfinder 65
Thief Gets Away With Grateful Dead Leader's Toilet (Apr '06) Aug '13 Knock off purse seller 10
The Heartbreaking Story Of A Harmless Deadhead ... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Daniel Damotta 1
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••