Somewhere, Jerry's smiling

Full story: Lowell Sun 63
Arlette Rodriguez was hoping for a miracle. She raised her index finger in the air and swayed to the classic sounds of the Grateful Dead. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Eric

Falls Church, VA

#1 Jul 1, 2010
Big thanks to the Lowell police for all the looking the other way they did last night. Looked like everyone had a great time.
Smoking

Hudson, NH

#2 Jul 1, 2010
Well Nice to see lowell bringing in all these visitors to this beautiful city... NOW...!! I wanna see how many complaints come from this..The mess that was left in our parking condo lots , no parking for residents. The smoking of weed and the Lowell Police did nothing as fans smoked weed just feet away, as well as drinking in public...How many people got arrested? I would say zero... Hmmm Wonder why....?
Robert

Malden, MA

#3 Jul 1, 2010
Bunch of hippies.When was the last time any of these losers worked a FT job.
These people need to grow up and be a productive member of society.
Knute Rockne

Melrose, MA

#4 Jul 1, 2010
Ah my friend from Brookfield is back. And as usual he's whine, whine, whining.

Obviously you're not familiar with the Ball Park area Smokie. They're used to hosting visitors, they do it all Summer. As for the residents, the area is one part ULowell students, one part condo newbies, and one part unoccupied.

You should check it out next time you're in town starting brawls at the downtown wetback bar.
GEEZ

Hudson, NH

#5 Jul 1, 2010
Dont you guys have something better to do with your time other than complain. It was one concert that brought a tremendous amount of people together. Thats a beautiful thing, especially nowadays. Alot of people seem to have forgotten what getting together and having a good time really is. So what about the parking, it was one night. So what about the trash, do you seem to care that the nearby playgrounds are nearly destroyed and really no longer safe for our kids to play in? No, you dont, you care about parking lots. Give me a break. Stop being so stuck up and let loose for a minute.
Me, personally, I was not at the concert and I do live downtown, Im not a hippie, and to be honest I didnt mind it at all. Its great seeing people come together like that!
Now, have a great day and try smiling about something thats actually worth it.
God Bless
Dracut resident

Falls Church, VA

#7 Jul 1, 2010
Smoking wrote:
Well Nice to see lowell bringing in all these visitors to this beautiful city... NOW...!! I wanna see how many complaints come from this..The mess that was left in our parking condo lots , no parking for residents. The smoking of weed and the Lowell Police did nothing as fans smoked weed just feet away, as well as drinking in public...How many people got arrested? I would say zero... Hmmm Wonder why....?
Whaaaaaaaaaaaa
Swamp Gas

United States

#8 Jul 1, 2010
Robert wrote:
Bunch of hippies.When was the last time any of these losers worked a FT job.
These people need to grow up and be a productive member of society.
ok
Hammerhead

Lexington, MA

#9 Jul 1, 2010
one or two good songs, one of the most over rated groups of all time!
local resident

Austin, TX

#10 Jul 1, 2010
Smoking wrote:
I can hit the ball park with a rock from my window...I didn't go to the show - had to write a paper so I was off elsewhere unfortunately.

All in all, I'm glad the park hosts these venues. It's AWESOME for my property value!!!

Plus, I basically get a free concert every time there's a performance; i can just take a folding chair and sit in the park with a nice frosty beverage...just like the 2 dozen or so residents last night. The only downside is parking, but I can deal since I have a spot...now if I can only get to it, LOL.

Also, deadheads are essentially harmless for the most part...I might change my opinion if a rowdier crowd came in and stuff got effed up tho...I guess that's why we have the Tsongas, LOL.

P.S. in terms of smoking...I'm sure the LPD was more concerned with routing traffic and ensuring public safety than writing tickets to harmless smokers.
Mr Garrison

Lowell, MA

#11 Jul 1, 2010
Dirty hippies, drugs are bad mmmmkay?
Little V

Bedford, MA

#12 Jul 1, 2010
hippies are the best. they are a wonderful contribution to society. when is the last time you saw a hippy beat his wife. LEGALIZE MARIJUANA!!!!!!
Mr Garrison

Lowell, MA

#13 Jul 1, 2010
When's the last time you saw a hippie hold a job?
Hippies are bad mmmmkay???
By the way Jerry was quite the man, if banging other chicks while you are married is mmmmmmmkay?
no more union looting

Dracut, MA

#14 Jul 1, 2010
Mr Garrison wrote:
When's the last time you saw a hippie hold a job?
Hippies are bad mmmmkay???
By the way Jerry was quite the man, if banging other chicks while you are married is mmmmmmmkay?
Hippies? You are showing your age, Mr. G....
MilitiaMaster

Somerville, MA

#15 Jul 1, 2010
Guys, Im glad they were here - good amount of revenue for the city, no violence and no problems other than some congestion around the park.

and pot? so f***ing what? maybe if more people walked by the park, theyd be less on edge and less apt to go blast a few rounds off in the Acre.

Not my kind of music at all, but good on the LPD and the Dead fans for being cool.
Riding that Train

Lowell, MA

#16 Jul 1, 2010
The only thing I disagree with, is the guy in the article they interviewed that said people weren't there for drugs and alcohol. I was driving through this mess, and saw about 300 hippies taking nitrous balloons to the face, and everyone was drinking. No need to sell us the straight edge ded hed routine
CaseyJones

Boston, MA

#17 Jul 1, 2010
Smoking wrote:
There were no arrests because smoking marijuana is no longer a criminal offense. Its a civil penalty - just like littering. Should they arrest you when you drop your mustard stained hot dog napkin on the ground?
Patrick

North Billerica, MA

#18 Jul 1, 2010
Yo, what up fellow DEADHEADS,

I meet a girl at the show last night whose name was Kaitlin. She was 19 and went to college in Philadelphia (she also had flowers in her hair). We pounded down a few beers before we made our way into the show. At intermission we smoked a blunt and bought more beers, but than we got separated.

I know it’s a shoot in the dark, but if Kaitlin is out there and she’s reading this, than you need to hit me up pronto so we can chill again. It was a bummer we didn’t exchange numbers when we had the chance.

Email me at patgu3@yahoo.com
Really now

Wallingford, CT

#19 Jul 1, 2010
Surrounded by Idiots

Peninsula, OH

#20 Jul 1, 2010
Live near the park, was not sure what was going on until I saw all the tie-dye shirts and automatically knew it was a Grateful Dead Concert. The traffic wasn't that bad, saw one idiot blow thru a light to take a left from the right lane - cops were right on him. Other than that, I saw and heard no issues - very tame croud for such a large one. It was good to see. Heck I've heard more commotion coming out of there when there's a spinners game.
The Rooster

Lexington, MA

#21 Jul 1, 2010
The only thing worst worst than the Grateful Dead is Grateful Dead fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Grateful Dead Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry Garcia's Marin County house goes up for sale (Sep '10) Aug 30 Nerfy in Chugiak 27
Chauvet Professional Legend Series Creates Aura... Aug 25 Sir Samuel 1
Review & Photos | Gathering Of The Vibes | Thur... Aug '14 brandy 13
The Grateful Dead and Bob Weir's long strange trip Apr '14 Sterkfontein Swar... 3
lost ring (Mar '14) Mar '14 Jason 1
Quackery unbound (Dec '13) Dec '13 Pat 1
Joan Osborne to cover all-Grateful Dead cover s... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Anonymous 1
•••
•••

The Grateful Dead People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••