Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played With Gospel Music's Gaithers

There are 27 comments on the Los Angeles Times story from Feb 24, 2006, titled Anthony Burger, 44; Pianist Played With Gospel Music's Gaithers. In it, Los Angeles Times reports that:

Anthony Burger, 44, the gospel pianist who played for the popular Gaither Homecoming shows, collapsed and died during a performance Wednesday on a Gaither Homecoming cruise out of Miami.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Los Angeles Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Austin Burger

Nashville, TN

#21 Feb 1, 2008
patricia McCurry wrote:
the world has last a wonderful person in the passing on of Anthony.I guess God need a piano player for all of His singers that have gone on recently.I know they are making beautiful music in Heaven. my hearfelt sympathy goes out to his Wife Lu ann and to his three children and to Bill and Gloria gaither and all the homecoming friends.I will miss you anthony.
I am his son Austin Burger thank you for all of these nice things you guys are saying.
Austin Burger

Nashville, TN

#22 Feb 1, 2008
I am his son, Austin Burger, thank you for all of these nice things you guys are saying.
dldavis

United States

#23 Mar 16, 2008
I was "teethed" on the Gaithers; I first heard Danny sing in a small, intimate Christian Dinner Club in College Park, Ga. in early 1970's. He sang All I Need and Satisfied; the audience was so moved that we didn't know whether to applaud or just sit quietly, reverently and spirit-filled.
I have loved the music of the Gaithers, with and without Danny in the years since.
I am desperately searching for information on how to obtain a copy of "All I Need" and "Satisfied" with Danny singing these songs as he did on an album many years ago. I have yet to find anyone who can "convert" the vinyl album into a CD.
If anyone knows where I can obtain a copy of these two songs by Danny Gaither, please contact me at: donnalovinsdavis@bellsouth.net .
God bless Bill and Gloria Gaither, Danny, and the Homecoming Family and Friends.(dld)
craig arscheene

Bonney Lake, WA

#24 May 11, 2008
I never met Anthony Burger, was never privileged to attend one of his concerts in person, but fell in love w/his music several years ago while watching him play on a Gaither Homecoming program. Just to watch the gentle yet exciting and uplifting touch of Anthony while playing the piano was and continues to be a blessing everytime I play one of his recordings. Anthony's talent, his attitude, but more importantly his love for our LORD touched so many lives and reached countless people for JESUS. May his music live on in our hearts and may his testimony make us better people. BLESSINGS
Lujean Porter Johnson

Charlottesville, VA

#25 May 29, 2008
So sorry to learn that gospel music has lost a great pianist.
Carol Hampton

Nevada, IA

#26 Jul 27, 2008
Austin Burger wrote:
I am his son, Austin Burger, thank you for all of these nice things you guys are saying.
Austin, we know that Lori graduated from college and A. J. graduated from high school in 2007. I have recently written a blog about your precious father and will be following it up in the next few days. I'm wondering how and what you're all doing now, including YOU!

I am an old woman now, and was an amateur pianist; however, your father was the first Christian pianist who touched my soul as it had never before been touched. HE was the only reason I ever watched the Gaithers and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that he was on a special mission from God. I can only imagine the intrument God had waiting for him in Heaven!

If you would be so kind as to get in touch with me, I'd appreciate it very much. I'm at heismysunshine@gmail.com My blog is at www.carolhampton.blogspot.com/ I hope to do your father and your family proud, but I could use some current information. Hope this isn't being presumptious of me.

God bless you all, REAL GOOD!
Carol Hampton, Iowa
PAULINE

Liverpool, UK

#27 May 10, 2014
Rest in peace Anthony safe within the arms of God xx

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Gaithers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gaither's latest Homecoming (Mar '09) Sep '13 Ron 6
News Contagious horse virus brings concerns (Jun '11) Jun '11 Angela martin 1
News Son, 18, charged with murder in father's shooti... (Feb '10) Feb '10 Concerned 58
Please help me locate "The Gaithers" (on which... (Aug '09) Nov '09 william reese 2
Michael Allen Hoffacker (Sep '09) Sep '09 Dina McAfoose 1
Members of the Gaithers (Aug '07) Mar '09 ratnsmatn 9
News Girl Dismembers Mom (Jul '08) Jul '08 concern woman 1
More from around the web