'American Idol' finale: Who cares?

'American Idol' finale: Who cares?

There are 9 comments on the CNN story from May 24, 2011, titled 'American Idol' finale: Who cares?. In it, CNN reports that:

"American Idol" is drawing to a close for its 10th season, and you don't even care, do you? Despite what should be the excitement of having the youngest ... finale ... ever with a pair of teen contestants, ratings that have rebounded and a brand new panel of judges, two of whom are viable music stars, there is surprisingly little buzz surrounding ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CNN.

vote

Malaysia

#1 May 24, 2011
Scotty!!!!
Vote

London, KY

#2 May 24, 2011
Maybe Lauren. They're both good.

“Lets take America Back!”

Since: Apr 07

America, U,S,A.

#3 May 24, 2011
I stopped watching When Pia and the rocker were sent packing, plus I miss the honesty of Simon.
just saying

Bradenton, FL

#5 May 24, 2011
Boycott Sanctuary CitiesI wrote:
They should change the name to ,
Americas worst lame country wanna B
Simon was the whole show
the judges screwed up the show and the contestants.

the judges blew too much smoke up the contestants azzes and tried too hard to influence the voting with their azz kissing.....

Randy has brain damage from cutting off the blood to his brain wearing skinny jeans on his wide azz.

J Lo tried to influence everyone to gyrate and comvort on stage instead of singing....much like her videos.

tyler is just a brain dead pervert.
Pure Faith

Las Vegas, NV

#8 May 25, 2011
lauren will win. scotty is boring at best
LOL

Bradenton, FL

#9 May 25, 2011
Pure Faith wrote:
lauren will win. scotty is boring at best
Lauren is actually the better pure voice than Scotty. Lauren is a singer not a preformer. Scotty is both.

but, then Pia was the best voice of all.

this one boils down to a popularity contest rather than the best American Idol singing talent.

regardless of the winner....If Scotty gets the right agent and will put in the time.....
he will become the most lasting and biggest money making talent of all the American Idol winners.
Country music is big big business, and Scotty is a natural country singer, even without a dumb cowboy hat.....
screen

Walnut Grove, CA

#11 May 25, 2011
I believe you are right in that it's all about who gets the most votes. I put it to the test.. I tried to vote multiple times on my cell phone, and I was only allowed to vote "one time".

Whereas.. when I attempted to vote multiple times on my phone(landline); I was able to do so as many times as I wanted to. There is definately a problem with the voting system, and this needs to be corrected.
sunny

Lebanon, KY

#14 May 26, 2011
beyonces song was a torture to hear and watch, so glad it was only one song.shes not even as good as most of the contestants,ever hear her speak, wow thats torture too.
George

United States

#15 May 26, 2011
Yay!!! Way to Scotty!!,,, soooo happy he won, he deserved it so much!, his voice is incredible, and the talent he has at only 17 is amazing!, Lauren did awesome also, and truly know without a doubt they will both go on to become country legends.
And for those of you that don't like country, so what? who cares? I don't like metal or heavy rock, but I still admired James and all the hard work and talent he put into his music, he is a great kid, and I wish him all the best of luck in metal, will I listen or buy his music? NO, can't stand it, but that doesn't mean he isn't good, he is, and I do wish him the best with those of you who like this type of music, so really who could care less if you don't like country? obviously enough of us out here do, and will support Scotty and lauren and keep bringing millions of dollors into the economy buying thier music, and keep country music as hot as ever in the country,
I couldn't stand Haley towards the end, her attitude really sucked and turned me off big time, she should have went home in the last 4, not James, that just wasn't right, but she didn't, so be it.
Congrats Scotty!!,, and good luck to you and Lauren in your journey in life!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Edge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News U2's Adam Clayton says flawed democracy brought... Jan 10 Walkin Boss 1
News New album next spring from U2 (Nov '13) Jan '15 David S 13
News Must Watch Music Videos: Leah Turner, Kanye Wes... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Dallas lovato 1
News Add a comment (Jul '09) Mar '13 MCITP MCSE 7
News Bono Says U2 Is "Working on Three Albums at the... (Jan '12) Oct '12 Austin Allegro 26
News Bono, Gaga, Chesney perform in Bill Clinton's h... (Oct '11) Oct '11 FastFred 1
News Gaga, Usher and Bono to honor Clinton's foundation (Sep '11) Sep '11 Anonymous 1
More from around the web