'Nice' Chicks finish first

'Nice' Chicks finish first

There are 23 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Feb 12, 2007, titled 'Nice' Chicks finish first. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

It was retro night at the Grammys, with a Police reunion, an Eagles tribute and an early win for oldies Tony Bennett and Stevie Wonder.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Not really surprised

Orlando, FL

#1 Feb 12, 2007
Gosh, a musician or an actor attack the president or the government and they get an award from the idiots running their own award show. Big surprise. Let's all just pretend this was a case of great music that actually deserved an award. Everything seems so much nicer when we keep our heads stuck in the sand.

Who is the Slantinel trying to fool with their constant liberal garbage? Guns are evil, Actors & musicians are intelligent, The war only kills our own soldiers and is unnecessary, Rosie is a real story that needs to be covered...
Pooh-Bah

Haughton, LA

#2 Feb 12, 2007
Dixie Chicks rule!
Thom

United States

#3 Feb 12, 2007
The Dixie chicks never "attacked" anyone, our president on the other hand........ It seems to me all they did was express the views, you know like the freedom of speech our constitution guarantees. I thought we were fighting for democracy, not fighting to shut people up with differing opinions.
Rich Charron

Oviedo, FL

#4 Feb 12, 2007
This was a tremendous album on behalf of the CHICKS. They are certainly deserving. It's nice to see that some of the same ignorance and/or arrogance that got us into this nightmare of a disaster in Iraq is still alive and kicking. As Sen. Obama recently told the PM of Australia, if you feel so strongly about this war, then get off your butt and send in your own troops, family members, or even put your body where your mouth is, yourself. Otherwise, we see you true, cowardly colors. Congrats to the CHICKS for speaking truth!
gman

Collierville, TN

#5 Feb 12, 2007
The chicks got 5 awards not for their music which was pretty good in the past(I haven't heard any of the songs off their latest album) but for their political stance. It's very difficult to win a grammy when few radio stations want to play your music and you are shunned by the very audience that your music is geared towards. This once again proves that you don't have to play good music to win a grammy award, you just need to get in good with the left wing judges. congrats to Mary J. Blige who actually won because of her music!
Troy

Orlando, FL

#9 Feb 12, 2007
Not sure if many of you read the polls lately, but the vast majority of Americans now agree with the Chicks.

yes, keep your head stuck in the sand along with Bush, the worst president in US history.

Dixie Chicks rule!
Rubyslippers

Winter Garden, FL

#10 Feb 12, 2007
THE DIXIE TWITS, WIN?...WHAT A TOTAL JOKE. NOTHING LIKE THE "LEFT-WING" JUDGES TO GIVE THESE TRAITORS A GRAMMY, BUT THEN....WHAT ELSE IS NEWS ONTHE "HOLLYWOOD" SCENE?
THEY CAN "PRETEND" THEY WON...BUT WE ALL KNOW, WHO DUMPED THEM FOR THE TREASONOUS REMARKS MADE BY THAT NIT WIT MAINES, THEY SURELY DID NOT WIN THE FANS. CANCELLED TOURS ETC. EXCEPT OF COURSE FOR THE LEFT WING KOOKS. WHO CAN HAVE THEM!
Tech

Beaverton, OR

#11 Feb 12, 2007
Congratualtions to the Dixie Chicks (even won best country album). Good job!
Troy

Orlando, FL

#12 Feb 12, 2007
Proud left winger here, you right wingers have effed up this country, the sooner we get rid of y'all the better. Go back to your Leave it to Beaver fantasy world.
MJR

New Braunfels, TX

#13 Feb 12, 2007
Again, who cares??????????
Doug_Getslow

Merritt Island, FL

#15 Feb 12, 2007
Who ever would listen to someone as hollow as the dixie chicks for political advise is the problem. Freedom of speach, freedom in the market place, but they still stink.
Meg

Washington, DC

#16 Feb 12, 2007
I have problem with their having won, altho' I'm not a huge fan.

However, they need to put a muzzle on the short fat chick with the dark hair. She has the stage presence of a goat. The other 2 are fine.
Red Hot Fan

Miamisburg, OH

#17 Feb 12, 2007
Way to go Meg...exactly what I would like to say!!!

First of all it sure would have been nice to be able to escape the current news stories and hear some good music. Unfortunately the awards show was turned once again into a political platform. The DC's did not deserve to win and should be embarrassed. It is completely counter intuitive of why I was watching. Certainly I didn't expect to go to bed frustrated. I will not watch the Grammy's again and will not purchase from their supporters.
Catherine

Huntsville, AL

#18 Feb 12, 2007
I never watch the grammys anymore. I couldn't care less about Christina whats her face. They are all the same to me. Rock music is hardly even acknowleged anymore.
Silk

Redmond, WA

#19 Feb 12, 2007
Hey Rubyslippers, why don't you click your heels together and go back home.
The Chicks were right on.
Fred

Orlando, FL

#20 Feb 12, 2007
what a bunch of whiners on here.
doug12342

Kissimmee, FL

#21 Feb 12, 2007
Not really surprised wrote:
Gosh, a musician or an actor attack the president or the government and they get an award from the idiots running their own award show. Big surprise. Let's all just pretend this was a case of great music that actually deserved an award. Everything seems so much nicer when we keep our heads stuck in the sand.
Who is the Slantinel trying to fool with their constant liberal garbage? Guns are evil, Actors & musicians are intelligent, The war only kills our own soldiers and is unnecessary, Rosie is a real story that needs to be covered...
poetic justice the chicks where attacked by the neo cons who's only way of expressing themselves is by berating anyone with a different viewpoints patriotism good for them as for yall neo creeps your reign of terror is over forever remember McCarthy you will be remembered the same way.
NO Fan

Blackshear, GA

#22 Feb 12, 2007
I think they should change there name to the "DIXIE HOGS" That's what the FAT one looks like.
Logical Thinker

Ocala, FL

#23 Feb 12, 2007
Catherine wrote:
I never watch the grammys anymore. I couldn't care less about Christina whats her face. They are all the same to me. Rock music is hardly even acknowleged anymore.
Yeah, it sucks. Rock is dead.
Kat

Calhoun, LA

#24 Feb 12, 2007
I have all of the DC albums, and the latest one is the weakest by far. As even Natalie acknowledged, this was more about their politics than the music.

Also, I found Natalie's antics at the mike when the group won for best country album so off putting. No class there whatsoever. At least Emily had the grace to thank the fans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Eagles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 1p pill that could slash the risk of breast... (May '16) May '16 Three Days 1
News Classic Albums Live: Eagles LIVE in Worcester (May '16) May '16 Elaine 1
News Bruce Springsteen salutes Prince in New York wi... (Apr '16) Apr '16 2 Dogs 3
News Grammys 2016: Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Weeknd (Feb '16) Feb '16 superderrick 6
News Keira Knightley to topline "Colette" French wri... (Feb '16) Feb '16 GINA KARR 1
News Glenn Frey's music gave us a peaceful, easy fee... (Jan '16) Jan '16 zal 1
News Eagles Legend Glenn Frey Dies (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web