Britney Spears, Almost Triumphant

Britney Spears, Almost Triumphant

There are 9 comments on the The Village Voice story from Nov 11, 2007, titled Britney Spears, Almost Triumphant. In it, The Village Voice reports that:

“I'm Miss American Dream since I was 17”

Thanks to some weird backroom machinations, Britney Spears does not have the number one album in the country. via The Village Voice

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Village Voice.

anonymous

New Orleans, LA

#1 Nov 11, 2007
Why the hell are you reviewing music when you admit The Eagles suck.. how old are you? 7. You DO NOT need to be doing this job. Work at Disneyland in the emo section. Interestingly you decide to bash Britney only WHEN the verdict comes in that she did not make the number one spot ONLY because of a stupid obviously planned scandal to changes rules on a whim with the billboard chart as both releases happen to come out at the same time. What a flake.. get a real job
BeBe

Sarnia, Canada

#2 Nov 11, 2007
Regardless .... the Eagles album sold TWICE as many as Britney's did AND it was only available retail at Walmart stores. How much more blatant does it have to be until all you Britney lovers get over it?
Kristen

Wilmington, NC

#3 Nov 11, 2007
BeBe wrote:
Regardless .... the Eagles album sold TWICE as many as Britney's did AND it was only available retail at Walmart stores. How much more blatant does it have to be until all you Britney lovers get over it?
Unfortunately, way more blatant, Bebe.
anonymous

New Orleans, LA

#4 Nov 13, 2007
OMG, of course, we all know that bebe. The point is the obvious change in the billboard chart right before both releases so that 'according to the RULES' britney would have won which if you know anything about the "business" side of the entertainment business that is a pretty big deal. Who cares who actually sold more albums, we're talking about business.
Kristen

Wilmington, NC

#5 Nov 13, 2007
If you're talking about "business," then you should be aware that any commercial business engages in an activity to make a profit. Since sales translate to either a profit or a loss, sales is business -- moreso than some relative position on the charts.
BeBe

Sarnia, Canada

#6 Nov 13, 2007
Well, hang in there then....the week isn't over yet. Her CD sales are down this week .... way down.... farther than the label forecasted.
Kristen wrote:
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, way more blatant, Bebe.
anonymous

Miami, FL

#7 Nov 15, 2007
I'm sorry, I was talking about the entertainment business.. word of advice: never work for the entertainment business girls.
Jesse White

Catlettsburg, KY

#8 Nov 16, 2007
I think Brittanys Newest album will make it all the way.
Kristen

Wilmington, NC

#9 Nov 16, 2007
Jesse White wrote:
I think Brittanys Newest album will make it all the way.
All the way to where?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Eagles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 1p pill that could slash the risk of breast... May '16 Three Days 1
News Classic Albums Live: Eagles LIVE in Worcester May '16 Elaine 1
News Bruce Springsteen salutes Prince in New York wi... Apr '16 2 Dogs 3
News Grammys 2016: Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar, Weeknd (Feb '16) Feb '16 superderrick 6
News Keira Knightley to topline "Colette" French wri... (Feb '16) Feb '16 GINA KARR 1
News Glenn Frey's music gave us a peaceful, easy fee... (Jan '16) Jan '16 zal 1
News Eagles Legend Glenn Frey Dies (Jan '16) Jan '16 Ritual Habitual 1
More from around the web