Doobie Brothers don't need to make a splash

It's been nearly 30 years since the Doobie Brothers reached a commercial peak. And it's now been 20 years since the group -- with essentially its core original lineup -- regrouped in 1987 to begin what has been ... Full Story
A Harley Wife

York, PA

#1 Jun 17, 2008
Oh my God . Saw them in concert many, many, many, many years ago. Still love this music. Our Generation.
Tina

San Jose, CA

#2 Jun 17, 2008
I just saw the Doobie Brothers & Chicago show Sunday night in Dallas. This is about the 10th time I've seen the Doobies (I've lost track of the actual count) and I was in no way disappointed. The show was awesome!!!!!!!!!! Best concert I've seen in quite a while.
I will continue to see them as long as they tour. Keep up the great music guys, because YOU STILL ROCK!
Harv

Tappahannock, VA

#3 Jun 17, 2008
David Hamilton is your biggest fan in the whole world. I hope he makes it to Hershey Park to see you.
Concert Freak

Bainbridge, PA

#4 Jun 19, 2008
We just saw the Doobie Brothers and Chicago last night in Hershey, PA. Excellent show. It was one of the best concerts we have seen, and we see quite a few. Loved the entire show, but really enjoyed the end. It's great to see bands rockin' out together. Thank you so much for the great music!
FDW

Longview, TX

#5 Jun 24, 2008
I've heard it said that the Rolling Stones are the worlds greatest rock & roll band; I (and others) could not disagree more. I have seen the Bros 22 + times; hope I live to see them 22 more. First time was as back-up to T-Rex in Shreveport, LA. in 1972 (ask Tom or Pat about the rest of the story). As for quality of performance, writing abilities and producing, no one is better! No one deserves to be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame more than the Doobie Brothers! I love them dearly! Keep on Rocking.
Steve

Australia

#6 Jun 25, 2008
Unfortunatly I have seen the Brothers only 3 times,1976 NZ,1995 NZ, and 2006 AUS.I was hooked from the first time I heard them in 1974. It is a shame radio of today is nothing like the 70s or 80s.I hope to see them again in the near future. As was written on the cover of their 1976 best of album, Doobies Rule.
Simon

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Jun 25, 2008
If you have never been to a Doobies concert, you are missing a great show.
Chana K

Lynbrook, NY

#8 Jul 6, 2008
Simon's right. They rock!
Jeff

Canada

#9 Jul 9, 2008
Doobies just keep on rockin. Been following this band since the beginning. They don't come to the Pacific Northwest too often but i try to go every time they do. They're coming to Coquitlam BC on Aug. 8, but I waited too long to get a ticket and now they're sold out. But I'll find a way to go. Can't believe the Village People are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Doobies aren't.
ron

Rockford, IL

#10 Jul 10, 2008
saw them with chicago in chicago in june ,both bands did a six song set oncore.I have attended many doobie concerts since the early seventies.Itwas the best oncore performance i have ever seen performed by 16 musicians alternating there songs.
Sue

Canada

#11 Mar 8, 2009
The Doobies are the best! They are always on top of their game. When are they coming to
Toronto where they have many die hard fans?
German-Irish American

Lancaster, PA

#12 Mar 8, 2009
I'm shocked Obama didn't tap them for his campaign song. Roll black water, keep on rolling. My guess is the fact that McDonald is white.
MFL

Crested Butte, CO

#13 Jul 26, 2009
The Doobie Brothers, The Moody Blues, America and other awesome 70's bands are not in the rock and roll hall of fame. What does that say about being in the 'in crowd.' These bands are incredible and I could make mince meat out of many of the r & r inductees in comparison to these bands (and others who aren't in.) I feel fortunate though to be living in a time when these talented songwriters and musicians are still around and am glad I saw them in their prime. Don't plan on seeing this kind of talent again any time soon.
Jeffsbay

Watsonville, CA

#14 Nov 6, 2011
German-Irish American wrote:
I'm shocked Obama didn't tap them for his campaign song. Roll black water, keep on rolling. My guess is the fact that McDonald is white.
For your lack of musical knowledge Pat Simmons the Doobiesnu#2 main man wrte Black Water not McDonald..........don't you know who writes these songs? Plus I can hear the Southern Sound when it comes to being a racist.your so cool your sickening........
Jeffsbay

Los Osos, CA

#15 Dec 14, 2012
Jeffsbay wrote:
<quoted text>For your lack of musical knowledge Pat Simmons the Doobiesnu#2 main man wrte Black Water not McDonald..........don't you know who writes these songs? Plus I can hear the Southern Sound when it comes to being a racist.your so cool your sickening........
p.s I want too apologise too you for my stupid racist remarks. Secondly you probably live in the upper Midweat, plus your a hardworking person. Please accept my sincere apologises....jeff from Cayucos, Ca.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Doobie Brothers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hunter Hayes, Jennifer Nettles, Doobie Brothers... Nov '14 Hated it 2
A Steady Lynyrd Skynyrd (Jun '07) Mar '14 RIP 10
Doobies on Guam (Sep '13) Nov '13 Jeff Baca 2
A Rock Star as One-Man Backup Band (Aug '13) Aug '13 tigger31086 1
Doobie Brothers music in Fountain Park (Jul '13) Jul '13 High 2
'Groovin' in the Grove' concert features Pablo ... (Apr '13) Apr '13 Jeffsbay-- 1
Lynyrd Skynyrd never on cruise control (Jun '07) Jan '13 sabertoothe 24
More from around the web