Astbury set to relaunch The Cult

Astbury set to relaunch The Cult

There are 5 comments on the BBC story from Feb 16, 2007, titled Astbury set to relaunch The Cult. In it, BBC reports that:

Ian Astbury had 12 UK top 40 hits with The Cult Singer Ian Astbury is to relaunch his 1980s group The Cult after leaving the new incarnation of rock band The Doors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at BBC.

valentina ostojic

Croatia

#1 Mar 22, 2007
You don't have idea how glad I em that Ian Astbury is not singer in the Doors any more. He made right decision and I em on his side.
Ian do not deserve to be somebody's replacement. In the start I did not like idea that Ian would be Morrison's imitation.
Astbury is original, unigue and he have excellent vocal abilitys, better then Morrison.I realliy love and respect him as artist and he deserv his on band - The Cult! I don't care what people saying but on my opinion Ian Astbury is the best rock-vocal of all times!
Valentina Osojic from Croatia
terry mobley

United States

#2 Apr 3, 2007
yes, the cult rocks. but so do the doors. they both have a place in rock. jim was ian's idol. i too am glad he's back in the cult.
Agustin

Montevideo, Uruguay

#3 Apr 5, 2007
No one is better than Jim Morrison.He is the only one who can sing in the doors. Ian itīs a crapy bad imitation of Jim.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#4 Jun 2, 2009
Jim Morrison is the Doors and Ian Astbury is the Cult.
Both have made their groups legends.
annareal

United States

#5 Sep 12, 2009
totally!!!!!!

You are right on sister!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Cult Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ian Astbury's struggles provide ammo for new Cu... (May '12) May '12 Peter 1
News Rocker Astbury collaborates with underground Ja... (Aug '10) Aug '10 alida 1
It's impossible to found the old live videos i... (Oct '08) Oct '08 Alida 1
News New Cult single - DIRTY LITTLE ROCKSTAR (Jul '07) Jul '07 bogger 1
News the Cult: New Video Interview Available (Jul '07) Jul '07 Carl Vincent Song... 1
News THE CULT to kick off 2007 tour in the UK & Euro... (May '07) May '07 Valentina - Croatia 1
More from around the web