Bill Clinton made millions from for...

Bill Clinton made millions from foreign sources

There are 40 comments on the www.google.com story from Jan 28, 2009, titled Bill Clinton made millions from foreign sources. In it, www.google.com reports that:

AP: Former President Bill Clinton earned nearly $6 million in speaking fees last year, almost all of it from foreign companies, according to financial documents filed by his wife, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.google.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BillLiarClinton

Englewood, CO

#1 Jan 28, 2009
The frustrating thing about Clinton's scandals

They never stop
Seeking truth

Evansville, IN

#2 Jan 28, 2009
That's why is burns me when I hear the Obama folks say they need to raise money to settle Hillary's campaign debts! How outrageous!

Since: Dec 06

Chicago IL

#3 Jan 28, 2009
At least he was out of office!

FRONTIERSMAN

“FREEDOM”

Since: Dec 08

Bethel NY

#4 Jan 28, 2009
I am Shocked,Shocked to find out that this is going on in Washington!!!

“Snooze you lose”

Since: Mar 07

Sunnyvale, CA

#5 Jan 28, 2009
I don't see why this is a scandal. He did this via speaking engagements (he's well-liked around the world), and none of the companies are based in countries unfriendly to the U.S.
He's bringing in money. He's affecting the trade balance in a positive direction. At least he's not working as a lobbyist.
Crab Nebula Hooya

Hanoi, Vietnam

#6 Jan 28, 2009
BillLiarClinton wrote:
They never stop
Wallmart + Walstreet expand to KuBa Xtrade for Xigar ?:-oooooo Boeing fly to Hanana
Jonathan

Peoria, AZ

#7 Jan 28, 2009
To be able to share you opinion not necessary factual nor a substance to the truth.
Like the old grand dad Republican said; It doesn't make you smart just because you voice out your opinion. Being a true American & a true Republic citizen who bare truth to his words & take responsibility to his own action.
My grand dad pass away not to live long enough to see a colored man become the president but he cast his vote for the very first time as a true Republican in a Democratic ballot. He said that he maybe blind now but he rather to become the first white male from the old Republican party since FDR to be part of this historical election. There is no doubt in his mind the this kid will be the one to brake the long awaited the fulfillment in the Declaration of Independence.
He died at 104 years old.

Since: Oct 08

Cleveland, OH

#8 Jan 28, 2009
Why is this news? So What!! The man has been free to make as much as he wants. He is limited now that Hillary is Sec of State. Bush and Cheney will be globetrotting too!
clone benson

Bryan, OH

#9 Jan 28, 2009
this why were fighting in the mideast,bush has interest to, why not use american soldiers, even though its unconstitutional, but most of americans dont have interest in the middle, go figure. thats why were in this mess to begin with, next time they do business with them better know you are dealing with

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#12 Jan 28, 2009
BillLiarClinton wrote:
They never stop
No scandal He is entitled to make money. Look at Reagan...
Here is your scandal:
GW Bush was made a millionaire by the Saudi Royal Family. Bush went into national office a millionaire; and came out a Billionaire.

“It's a Brand New Day”

Since: Feb 06

New Rochelle

#13 Jan 28, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
What next, EH?
JohnJ

Windermere, FL

#14 Jan 28, 2009
Bill Clinton was that president from the last century right(I'm to young to remember)

Why are we talking about him??

Wasn't that like two wars ago? I heard we had a balanced budget way back then.

What was it like before Bush made the world hate us? Could you go to Europe without pretending to be Canadian?
Did we have jobs and American students in college, or was it like it is now?

I don't know, tell me.

“Tell the Truth”

Since: Nov 07

Orlando, Florida

#15 Jan 29, 2009
So????

Bechtel construction and engineering company received one of the largest no-bid contracts -- worth $2.4 billion -- to help coordinate and rebuild a large part of Iraq's infrastructure. Wanna know who paid Bechtel? The American taxpayer.

Did Bill Clinton's measly 6 mil earned through speaking engagements cost the American taxpayer anything? Don't think so.
Offshore

Mesa, AZ

#16 Jan 29, 2009
I'm trying to remember the name of a foreign company that Billy Boy was a partner. The company was busted for slave labor. Oh ya Billy Boy's a dandy.
Jones

“It's about the American People”

Since: Jun 07

Flushing, NY

#17 Jan 29, 2009
Bill Clinton is clearly the most corrupt and immoral former President in US history who is ready to cash b sacrificing on US most vital interests.
Evidently, Hillary Clinton will use her rule of the State department to sell the interests of the American people to foreign countries that support radical Islamic through her corrupt and greedy husband whose love for money is unstoppable. They both will serve the born again Muslim that was hiding his obsession with Islam and the islamic world interests by portraying that he was innocent Christian.
The American people are getting what they asked for which is the most corrupt and anti-American regime in US history including the tax cheater treasury Secretary Tim Geithner who vowed to push American off the cliff only to serve the interests of Iran, and the islamic world. President Hussein corrupt and anti-American Islamic regime is supported by the lying trash liberal media that sold Obama to the American people as innocent Christian while hiding his Islamic Madrassa education and his Islamic family and the fact that he was financed by the radical Islamic world to become their American president leader of Islamic America.
Peacock

Hillsboro, MO

#18 Jan 29, 2009
FRONTERSMAN wrote:
Tell me what planet you live on.
Peacock

Hillsboro, MO

#19 Jan 29, 2009
Jones wrote:
Bill Clinton is clearly the most corrupt and immoral former President in US history who is ready to cash b sacrificing on US most vital interests.
Evidently, Hillary Clinton will use her rule of the State department to sell the interests of the American people to foreign countries that support radical Islamic through her corrupt and greedy husband whose love for money is unstoppable. They both will serve the born again Muslim that was hiding his obsession with Islam and the islamic world interests by portraying that he was innocent Christian.
The American people are getting what they asked for which is the most corrupt and anti-American regime in US history including the tax cheater treasury Secretary Tim Geithner who vowed to push American off the cliff only to serve the interests of Iran, and the islamic world. President Hussein corrupt and anti-American Islamic regime is supported by the lying trash liberal media that sold Obama to the American people as innocent Christian while hiding his Islamic Madrassa education and his Islamic family and the fact that he was financed by the radical Islamic world to become their American president leader of Islamic America.

Hmmmm, Clinton served two terms, and the economy was going quite well. Bush served two terms and we need Jesus Christ to come down and fix it. Corruption always leaves behind a calling card of poop. Whose poop are we cleaning up-Clinton's or Bush?
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#20 Jan 29, 2009
JohnJ wrote:
Bill Clinton was that president from the last century right(I'm to young to remember)
Why are we talking about him??
Wasn't that like two wars ago? I heard we had a balanced budget way back then.
What was it like before Bush made the world hate us? Could you go to Europe without pretending to be Canadian?
Did we have jobs and American students in college, or was it like it is now?
I don't know, tell me.
It was something like that, yes.
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#21 Jan 29, 2009
Cooler online wrote:
Why is this news? So What!! The man has been free to make as much as he wants. He is limited now that Hillary is Sec of State. Bush and Cheney will be globetrotting too!
Exactly...why shouldn't Clinton trade on his fame?
Condie Rice already has a book deal going.

However, I think you are wrong about Bush and Cheney. They and their families dare not leave the country. They are marked men. If they are not grabbed for war crime trials by some foreign government, they'll be assassinated.
Zydeco

Cleveland, OH

#22 Jan 29, 2009
Donna Atlanta GA wrote:
So????
Bechtel construction and engineering company received one of the largest no-bid contracts -- worth $2.4 billion -- to help coordinate and rebuild a large part of Iraq's infrastructure. Wanna know who paid Bechtel? The American taxpayer.
Did Bill Clinton's measly 6 mil earned through speaking engagements cost the American taxpayer anything? Don't think so.
Speaking of no bid contracts, how many did Halliburton land. And wasn't Cheney CEO of Halliburton at one time? I wonder how much he received under the table from them

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Clintons Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Memorial Day ushers in what could be a fiery po... (May '16) May '16 WasteWater 1
News Clintons were and are Kinky More Recollections ... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Ritual Habitual 1
News Creepy 'alternative historian' writing anti-Hil... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 4
News Clinton defenders advance an unpersuasive argument (May '15) May '15 kuda 3
News SNL skit provides checklist on President Obama'... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Bayview 1
News is Obama an American? (Jul '09) Sep '09 spqr 32
News The politics and the policy (Sep '09) Sep '09 Crazy Bernie 5