Channon Christian's parents say heari...

Channon Christian's parents say hearing details of daughter's d...

There are 120 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from May 20, 2007, titled Channon Christian's parents say hearing details of daughter's d.... In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

Gary Christian says he took the last phone call from his daughter, Channon. Her final words make his eyes fill with tears.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
tgriffiths

Sherman Oaks, CA

#1 May 20, 2007
This is a shame, and it saddens me to know that our country allows this to go on, and not make it a national focus. Some college students in Stephenville, Texas dress up and have a party on MLK day and the NAACP are all over it, the national news is making a huge production of it. Yet we brush a haneous murder and rape of two young white people off. I didn't see Jay Leno talking about this or the national news. My heart breaks for the families of these young people.
Tony

Baltimore, MD

#2 May 20, 2007
This is heartbreaking, I do not know what I would do in their place. All I can say is that I pray for you and I am very upset with the national media for not giving the story the coverage it deserves.
jenny

Lenoir City, TN

#4 May 21, 2007
im very disappointed the news tries to play this down, when it is one of the most awful things ive ever heard of. if these poor kids were any color than white there would be national outrage. im supprised that wbir even lets us post about it. my prayers go out to the victims and there families
Jared

United States

#5 May 21, 2007
Its a Hate Crime plain and simple. Be a man and admit that these savage beasts took your daughter and Chris they are black savages. While the news ignores these killings they were to busy talking about Don Imus. Wake up white america were being slaughtered and over run by communists!
SO SORRY

Nolensville, TN

#8 May 21, 2007
i would set here and tell you waht i think about the da i could set here and tell you if i think this was a hate crime or not there are a lote of things i would like to say but i will just say to there mom and dad i am so sorry that theye are gone from you and all the pain theye went thu !!!!!!!!!
Misty

Kingsport, TN

#9 May 21, 2007
This is such a heartbreaking tragedy. I can't imagine how the parents feel. But you have my remorse and support. These 4 sick-minded perverts need to be put away. I would hate to see this happen again to any family if these 4 suspects get on the loose.
WizardofKnoxVega s

Knoxville, TN

#10 May 21, 2007
Jared wrote:
Its a Hate Crime plain and simple. Be a man and admit that these savage beasts took your daughter and Chris they are black savages. While the news ignores these killings they were to busy talking about Don Imus. Wake up white america were being slaughtered and over run by communists!
Please donít trivialize this heinous hate crime with asinine rants about communists. I doubt that the trash who did this were politically affiliated.

“I will survive”

Since: May 07

Cowtown, TX

#12 May 21, 2007
I am so sorry for the pain that the parents have to endure, and there is nothing that I can say to make it better. The real shame is that those that have power to prevent it from happening again will do nothing. The DA needs to be replaced. The news media with outlets in the Knoxville area needs to have their FCC licenses revoked and they need to be fined for racist reporting.
Concerned Parent

Hamilton, OH

#13 May 21, 2007
Bless your hearts,know that God has your sweet daughter and her boyfriend now.I've followed this story from the start and I too am amazed that this has not been on CNN,MSNBC and the othersnews outlets.Having grown up in east Tennessee this just shocks me that it happened there.Means no where is safe.God be with you and all your family during this time that NO PARENT should ever have to endure.
cincinnati daddy

Finchville, KY

#15 May 21, 2007
Everyone who reads this story should be emailing the "major" news channels like msnbc, fox, and cnn and asking why they haven't broadcasted this story. Maybe it can get the exposure it deserves then.
race against time

Knoxville, TN

#17 May 21, 2007
Such a terrible tragedy. My prayers and thoughts are with this family.
bss

Swannanoa, NC

#18 May 21, 2007
God Bless each family that has and is going through this. I have children of my own and I can only say your in my prayers. I know God can give you the strength you will have to have to go to court and listen to all of the details. I am sure the police have told you a lot but there's probably more. I only hope that they have to pay for what they have done. Even tho it won't bring back your children it will at least get these people off the streets. Again God Bless you.
Stacia

Miami, FL

#19 May 21, 2007
I did not realize until last night watching the parents that I had bought my 4 runner from Channon's father back in 1999, I know his daughter was driving one as well. My heart goes out to the parents of both people, I could not imagine having to listen to what those monsters did to their kids. I have prayed and will continue to pray for the families, may God bless you and grant you peace.
SO SORRY

Nolensville, TN

#20 May 21, 2007
IT WAS ON FOX AND THE BLACK REPORTER CUT IT SHORT SAID THRER WAS DRUGS RELATED NOT A HATE CRIME I HAVE NOT HEARD OF ANY DRUGS I THINK THE naacp HAVE THE DA SCARED AND ALL THE NEWS CHANEL [QUOTE IS SAYING THE PROTEST THAT ARE PLANED IS A HATE GROUP IM NOT IN A HATE GROUP BUT WILL BE THERE (I THINK THE NAACP HAS C 10 SCARED TO !!!!!!!!!!casted this story. Maybe it can get the exposure it deserves then.[/QUOTE]
KNOX GIRL

United States

#21 May 21, 2007
Can people not see that the families do not want this to be about race.They just want justice for the horrible crime that will forever impact their
lives and many others.People need to have respect for the families' wishes.Everyone needs to pay attention to what the man has asked of us.He has ask that the details of these murders not be discussed.They were violated and I"m sure they feel Chris and Channon are being violated again when these details are discussed.Do not make this about race, because they have asked us not to.It is hurtful to see this case ignorred I agree on that.We need to remember these families in our prayers and before we post our comments.
concerned citizen

Powell, TN

#22 May 21, 2007
My prayers got out the the parents of these victims. I really feel sorry for all of the small minded people who think this was a Hate Crime, HATE has no color. I pray that the judicial system gives them exactly what they deserve., but they will be judged by GOD.
Deb

Knoxville, TN

#24 May 21, 2007
So sorry that these partents half to go through this kind of pain. It's one-thing when your child is killed in and accident, but this, umm - just awful!
Jared

United States

#25 May 21, 2007
We will speak out on behalf of our White brothers and Sisters even when others won't do it. We are the Shepards the media failed and because of the Internet we are able to spread the story far and wide. David Duke, Michael Savage and even Charlie Daniels have had something to say about this only because of the internet. The media knows now that they failed and now there going to speak out against Hate groups? well excuse me but for the main part it's only been the KKK and Nazi's that have spread the story. SHAME ON THE MEDIA
MELISSA

Louisville, KY

#28 May 21, 2007
MY HEART IS WITH THE FAMILIES I AM TRUELY PRAYING FOR A FAIR TRIAL AND I HOPE THEY GET WHATS COMING TO THEM FOR THE SAKE OF YOUR FAMILY. I DO NOT KNOW YOU OR THE FAMILY I DO KNOW WHAT THEY DONE TO YOUR FAMILY WAS WRONG AND KNOW I HOPE AND PRAY THEY PAY THE PRICE. MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY DURING THE TRIAL.
What I think

Miami, FL

#29 May 21, 2007
concerned citizen wrote:
My prayers got out the the parents of these victims. I really feel sorry for all of the small minded people who think this was a Hate Crime, HATE has no color. I pray that the judicial system gives them exactly what they deserve., but they will be judged by GOD.
Please get your head out of the sand! How can you not call this a hate crime? These thugs mutilated these innocent kids. They not only wanted them dead but they wanted to see them suffer too. It is all about race. And excuse me but "Hate" does have a color. It always has and it always will. It is called prejudice.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Christians Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The Christians back on stage in Halton Mar '18 Muzak 1
News Judges: ICE Can't Deport 100 Christians to Indo... Feb '18 Roger_christian_AR 1
News AME Church joins with ecumenical partners to de... Dec '17 yidfella mombach 1
News It's Happening! Public Schools Indoctrinating K... (Dec '16) Jan '17 Wake up 6
News Rather than criticise and riot, pray for the cl... (Oct '16) Oct '16 madaku 1
News Pluralism and the Najran Christians: How Prophe... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Marie-Luise_J 1
News Christians given ultimatum by Islamic State fig... (Jul '14) Feb '16 Tom _rofane Fontaine 10