Swan Lake with barely a ripple

Swan Lake with barely a ripple

There are 3 comments on the This is London story from Mar 26, 2009, titled Swan Lake with barely a ripple. In it, This is London reports that:

London, Sarah Frater's rating Description: A production of the romantic ballet. With music by Tchaikovsky.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at This is London.

Big Barry Blogger

Eden Prairie, MN

#1 Mar 26, 2009
With all my heart, I wish I could have been there! But I lovely recorded music by PT.

BBB
laracroft

Leicester, UK

#2 Mar 27, 2009
I am going to see this on Sunday afternoon, wil report back and tell you what I think.
Big Barry Blogger

Eden Prairie, MN

#3 Mar 28, 2009
laracroft wrote:
I am going to see this on Sunday afternoon, wil report back and tell you what I think.
Please do! And it is great to have someone else in this room.:)

Every time I hear Swan Like, I think of the scene in "The Red Shoes" movie where the ballerina goes into a huge swirl. It was a pre-recorded track with Beecham conducting the Royal Philharmonic. What was different is that the music more closely favors the ballet dancers. It shows down several beats as the dancers whirl about compared to other versions I've heard that speed up.:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Bolshoi Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bolshoi acid scandal: 'I'm just asking for proof' (Jul '13) Jul '13 Leonid Brezhnevnaatz 2
News Bolshoi star quits Pushkin production over prem... (Jul '13) Jul '13 davey engstrom 2
News In Moscow, Scandals Shake A Storied Ballet (Feb '13) Feb '13 Bill the Game Hun... 3
News First production sparks scandal at restored Bol... (Nov '11) Nov '11 Stefanya 1
More from around the web