Sand Mountain Teens Feel the Frequency

Sand Mountain Teens Feel the Frequency

There are 6 comments on the WHNT News 19 story from Apr 15, 2010, titled Sand Mountain Teens Feel the Frequency. In it, WHNT News 19 reports that:

What happens when you take the musical beats of the Black Eyed Peas, Timbaland, and Justin Timberlake and combine them with church? You get Frequency, a monthly ministry for Sand Mountain youth.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHNT News 19.

Catie

Cullman, AL

#1 Apr 16, 2010
I lovee frequencyy.
it's absolutely amazing.
i highly recommend you go, if you've never been!
you'll get a true blessin.
Concerned

Tuscaloosa, AL

#2 Apr 20, 2010
I think that is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard! What happened to the true witness of God with the word and the Gospel. This is not Gospel & I would not think God is pleased with incorporating the "world" & worldly pleasures with his word. Kids on Sand Mountain DO need hope...they need to hear the Gospel.
Sonya

Albertville, AL

#3 Apr 21, 2010
They ARE hearing the Gospel, in a way that THEY can "relate". It's NOT about us...its about HIM! This is the 21st century...we need to think about how to reach THIS generation! It's not 1970 anymore. If we change our hair, clothes, home decor, cars with time...why not change the way we reach people. So many people are afraid of "change" in the "church" but I guarantee those same people have "changed" everything over the years. As long as they're hearing the Gospel of Jesus, what does it matter HOW it's done. We need to put our "own" likes and dislikes aside and reach this world...anyway we can. We HAVE to compete with the "world" these days...its sad but true. This "world" has way too much to offer them, so why not take what the enemy MEANT for bad and turn it around and make it Good! It's not about "religion"...its about "relationship". God Bless you Jon for what you're doing! Gary and I (The SLAM) support you 100%:)
Crunksta

Bainbridge, GA

#4 Apr 21, 2010
they doin they thang but it aint my style
angel

Gadsden, AL

#5 Jul 24, 2010
i love frequency i never new i could be this way about god but after i whent to this place my life changed and it makes teens wont to talk about god and it keeps them from being out doing hard drugs.it makes kids wont to go and worship god they like to listen there music but it has words of hope in stead of bad words i gave my problem i had that night to god and he showed me he could take it away its time to give kids what they need to listen to so some one can get threw to them and every one i have talked to loves this place of worship and hope so why say bad things about a place that is trying to take back this mountain for god we have to be his helping hands on this earth!!!!!!!! all i can say is i will be back next month to frequency!!!!!!!!!!
bubba from poedunk

United States

#6 Jul 25, 2010
Crunksta wrote:
they doin they thang but it aint my style
meh ands mah sisters jest luv taht thar fraquancy thang cause aftar wees dun listnin ta taht thar preecher man wees bees goins out inda corn feild ands have us sume hot animule like monkkkie buttt sex - say what ? what what inda buttt

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Black Eyed Peas Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jesus is Lord! Jan '17 Confederate officer 1
the black eye peas are DELUSIONAL PARANOID BRAI... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Anonymous 1
the ROTTEN black eye peas are ROTTEN RETCHES SC... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rebel soldier 1
black eye peas ARE WASHED UP NEVER WASES! (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rebel soldier 1
You would sound good blowing bubles under water... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rebel soldier 1
THAT PRIDE WILL RUIN YOU black eyed peas! (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rebel soldier 1
GET OFF THE POWERTRIP ROTTEN NO GOOD black eyed... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Rebel soldier 1
More from around the web