Disco tune "Stayin' Alive" could save...

Disco tune "Stayin' Alive" could save your life

There are 18 comments on the news.yahoo.com story from Oct 19, 2008, titled Disco tune "Stayin' Alive" could save your life . In it, news.yahoo.com reports that:

WASHINGTON (Reuters) – U.S. doctors have found the Bee Gees 1977 disco anthem "Stayin' Alive" provides an ideal beat to follow while performing chest compressions as part of CPR on a heart attack victim. ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at news.yahoo.com.

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#1 Oct 19, 2008
If the ambulance driver pipes in ths tune, THAT's when you know that you are in BIG BIG trouble. lol

“Ding dong, Wacko's DEAD”

Since: Mar 08

Location hidden

#2 Oct 19, 2008
I keep wondering about the person who discovered this. Were they trying to save someone but found themselves just absolutely bored with the chest compressions so they started humming 70's bad music? Or was the rescue taking place in an elevator where a Stayin' Alive Muzak version was being pumped in? And if you came to and heard Stayin' Alive, would you think you were in Heaven or Hell?

“New & Improved..”

Since: Oct 07

Formerly From Kenya

#3 Oct 19, 2008
Maria Antonia wrote:
If the ambulance driver pipes in ths tune, THAT's when you know that you are in BIG BIG trouble. lol
Ohhh, I don't know MA..I would think,'More than a Woman' or 'How Deep is Your Love' would cause a bit more of a scare...lol...at that point I would think I would want 'Spirits have Flown' to step in!..imho
:o

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Oct 19, 2008
i will need to add this to my medical bracelet
Budha ya herd

Moss Point, MS

#5 Oct 19, 2008
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh, I don't know MA..I would think,'More than a Woman' or 'How Deep is Your Love' would cause a bit more of a scare...lol...at that point I would think I would want 'Spirits have Flown' to step in!..imho
Lol, you forgot about Night Fever;)

“I am listening.......”

Since: Jun 08

Location hidden

#6 Oct 19, 2008
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....my mind hadn't even gotten there ...YET!

Vee

“Happeeeeeee 2016!!!!!!!”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Oct 19, 2008
I prefer administering CPR to the tune of Hava Nageela. Keep a great compression rhythm going and can dance the HORA at the same time.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#8 Oct 19, 2008
Vee wrote:
I prefer administering CPR to the tune of Hava Nageela. Keep a great compression rhythm going and can dance the HORA at the same time.
True, and you can always use a Yamaka as a makeshift respirator, if needed that is...
:)

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#9 Oct 19, 2008
Maria Antonia wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL....my mind hadn't even gotten there ...YET!
...YET....
lol

“Purple girl in a purple world”

Since: Apr 08

Plum, Purplonia

#10 Oct 19, 2008
As long as they are not playing Highway to Hell.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#11 Oct 19, 2008
Budha ya herd wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol, you forgot about Night Fever;)
I'm just glad you didn't bring up the Cucumber Castle album...not so good!..lol

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#12 Oct 19, 2008
Purple Gurl wrote:
As long as they are not playing Highway to Hell.
Excellent tune!..have you seen their new stuff..check this out..kind of top 40 sound but ACDC none the less!..
Hey PG!

rockin.....

Vee

Location hidden

#13 Oct 19, 2008
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
True, and you can always use a Yamaka as a makeshift respirator, if needed that is...
It is a yalmulka and it works better holding halloween candy.

“New & Improved..”

Formerly From Kenya

#14 Oct 19, 2008
Vee wrote:
<quoted text>It is a yalmulka and it works better holding halloween candy.
lol..Sorry, bad spelling haunts me so..!..maybe I'm just (sic).

so, got some candy??

Vee

Location hidden

#15 Oct 19, 2008
justaguess wrote:
<quoted text>
lol..Sorry, bad spelling haunts me so..!..maybe I'm just (sic).
so, got some candy??
Why> Is that your mask?

Since: Mar 08

United States

#16 Oct 20, 2008
Sat. morning, on my way to work, I heard a story on this by Charles Osgood {Osgood Files}of CBS radio.....he said, I kid you not, that another ideal song beatwise....is "Another one bites the dust" by Queen! Nice tune, but I don't know about the title though.:0

“It ain't braggin' ...”

Since: Sep 08

if you can back it up!

#17 Oct 21, 2008
vitameatavegamin wrote:
Sat. morning, on my way to work, I heard a story on this by Charles Osgood {Osgood Files}of CBS radio.....he said, I kid you not, that another ideal song beatwise....is "Another one bites the dust" by Queen! Nice tune, but I don't know about the title though.:0
LMAO..I'd much rather hear 'stayin' alive' while someone is doing chest compressions on me, than 'another one bites the dust'. Hearing that wouldn't give me much hope!! lol

Vee

Location hidden

#18 Aug 18, 2010
I dont think the song "Yesterday" would be in good taste either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Bee Gees Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What brand and model is the guitar Barry used i... (Oct '10) Oct 31 Mike Love 3
10 Interesting Facts About Bee Gees Facts (Jan '17) Jan '17 herseydenvar 1
Sir Geoffrey Saved the World (Dec '16) Dec '16 espyslays 1
When the Bee Gees were Three: Dr BLTribute song (Jul '15) Oct '16 Corinne 2
You Win Again (Oct '16) Oct '16 Mike 1
Italian concert in Rome ( 1972 or 1973 or 1974 ) (Sep '16) Sep '16 DARK TRIAD MAN 13
News In '72, EPA battled pollution; now it's politics (Apr '12) Jul '16 Governor Leadwater 22
More from around the web