Why do people hate Yoko Ono?

Posted in the The Beatles Forum

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#2 Sep 8, 2009
Yoko looks better than Paul and Ringo in old age , lol, that's funny.
Yoko isn't a witch, nor is she a saint, she is what she is, Yoko.
The one reason PEOPLE didn't like her was because she was where she didn't belong, in the studio with the Beatles, but with that said, Linda didn't belong there either.
Calling her an ugly Jap is just plain racist, Beatle's fan or not.
I don't hate Yoko, but never have found her art enjoyable, but to each their own.
But as a Beatle's fan, you must (I hope) know that Paul and Ringo are Beatles.
Jack Zippy

Renton, WA

#4 Sep 8, 2009
Yoko could write pretty good lyrics and yes she is very intelligent but Only a guy like John could enjoy her singing and I'm not sure he liked it but he loved her so he let her sing anyway.It caused tension when she came to the studio and set up her bed at Abbey road studio.George bitched about it and no one can blame him.Her place wasn't at the studio where they were trying to be creative and produce good music.She was faithful to John and helped him deal with his fame so I give her credit for that.Also her son Sean is a very intelligent dude and has some talent just not my taste in music.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#5 Sep 9, 2009
My Grand Mother is sexy compared to Yoko. Allright, she took John and have a blame on the Eastman Klein thing along with Linda. It's not the looks that matter, it's the person's character. I give her that he has some talent in music and avant guard art, but she hasn't done many things not proper involving John and the Beatles.
Bubba the Saint

United States

#6 Sep 9, 2009
Greg wrote:
My Grand Mother is sexy compared to Yoko. Allright, she took John and have a blame on the Eastman Klein thing along with Linda. It's not the looks that matter, it's the person's character. I give her that he has some talent in music and avant guard art, but she hasn't done many things not proper involving John and the Beatles.
Yoko has done a few good things Greg.Strawberry Fields in New York was set up by her and the Bus that travels around to help children learn about music The John lennon something or other I forget what it's called but I saw it on TV a couple of days ago.She protects John's legacy but on the other hand she hasn't done Julian right completely.She was a pain in the butt when they were still all together.She did let Paul and the others have the recordings of Free as A bird and Real Love to enhance and trelease so I'd say she has been a mixture of good and bad.I think she tries to redeem herself at times.Her and Paul are at Peace now with each other.
Greg

Greece

#7 Sep 9, 2009
She has..
Yeah, she loved(s) John, no doubt about it. She did a few good things, you're right. Maybe she let the others to do "Free as a bird" and "Real Love" but, on the other hand she didn't let them remaking other songs, and prevented John to reconcile completely with Paul and be the songwriting team again in 1980(we know about 1974), when Lennon had thought of writing again with Macca. Anyway, I hope she will live many years, we all make mistakes in life. By the way, I don't hate her. I don't like her so much either, but that is another thing...Hate is an intense feeling, to don't like very much someone is different...
Aunt Melba

Melbourne, Australia

#9 Dec 27, 2009
WOW! waterlily7, the above answers pretty much sum up how most people feel or felt about YOKO. It's not easy to explain away things we don't know for sure, most fans only know what they read about.
Sundragon must have read every book available.
We believe Cynthia and Julian had a lot of pain in the past, but so did Yoko. Wishing they could all live happily ever after is asking too much. It must be 100% from both sides. YOKO is protective of John's possessions (His Estate) she has that right. Yoko is doing her part to keep John's work and memory alive. Somebody has to. After all, his two sons have their own lives to lead.
Turkalicious

Coal City, IL

#11 Dec 31, 2009
You're absolutely right. I cannot stand looking at the Let it Be outtakes and seeing that spook. That ugly, bushy black hair and that smirk on her face. Her art????? Art???? And singing???? That grating Japanese New York accent makes Roseanne Barr sound like an angel from heaven. If she hadn't managed to snag John Lennon, she would NEVER have sold any of her crap.
GNR87 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yoko intruded BIG TIME into the studio sessions. That was John's fault for not telling her to stay the (expletive) out. Linda basically just came in and did pics then left. No music advice was given by her. Yoko's "art" is extremely grinding on the senses. She wasn't the sole reason for breaking them up....but she sure as hell didn't help matters. One can even say she drove the wedge home into the cracks of their relationships. George even bitched about her to show you how bad things were with her in the studio. I guess she just brought things to a head. John did love her though....so I will leave it at that.
Bubba the Saint

United States

#13 Jan 1, 2010
Yoko wasn't all bad She did make sure strawberry fields memorial was dedicated to John She gave John a son and she supports the same causes John would support if he were still here like the traveling Bus that takes musical instruments to unfortunate children and teaches them music.She and Paul and Ringo have all made Peace and she proudly was there with them And Olivia on L:arry King put aside your hate or focus it on Bin Laden not Yoko Ono who just happened to be married to John and was his choice for wife and mate
Aunt Melba

Heathmont, Australia

#14 Jan 2, 2010
Yoko Ono the Artist has been recognised and awarded
for her contributions within the Art community.
She is in her 70's and still caring about people in
this cruel world, give her a break! What has anyone ever done FOR Yoko? not much, in comparison
to what's been done TO her. Give Peace a Chance.
Bubba the Saint

United States

#15 Jan 2, 2010
Yoko Ono once was asked if it offended her to be called a Dragon Lady-Her reply was not at all because a Dragon is pictured to be very strong and yes controling with great strength.She was no Saint and has done some things that were strange and unusual but she still fights for Peace and brotherhood of man.Still an artist in her own way and Still loves John in her heart I believe.I like her as long as I don't have to hear her sing.
Wowla1905

Lewisville, TX

#17 Jan 6, 2010
For people who "say"yoko ono was just after money, She was. They fell into drugs with each other. To say John Lennon never had freedom again is true. They were separated for a year and John was inspiring without her. For a year he did nothing but have fun and was happy for almost a year. John and Paul's relationship was not in trouble before yoko came into the picture. Paul could be inspiring and tried to save John's songs. Yoko helped get John on drugs. It was May Pang who loved Lennon because she was young and came from a working class family. She was John's intellectual equal. Yoko can't sing and that's a fact. Linda Paul's wife had a an angel in wings. I believe some people are are too tall grow down.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#19 Jan 7, 2010
Wowla1905 wrote:
For people who "say"yoko ono was just after money, She was. They fell into drugs with each other. To say John Lennon never had freedom again is true. They were separated for a year and John was inspiring without her. For a year he did nothing but have fun and was happy for almost a year. John and Paul's relationship was not in trouble before yoko came into the picture. Paul could be inspiring and tried to save John's songs. Yoko helped get John on drugs. It was May Pang who loved Lennon because she was young and came from a working class family. She was John's intellectual equal. Yoko can't sing and that's a fact. Linda Paul's wife had a an angel in wings. I believe some people are are too tall grow down.
Lol Great sense of humour.
Roasted Chicken

Garland, TX

#20 Jan 7, 2010
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>Lol Great sense of humour.
Thank you my friend, this forum needs a humor enema.

Since: Jan 10

Lees Summit, MO

#21 Jan 7, 2010
And while we're on the subject: Julian has always been pushed into the background, while Yoko holds sean up as John's great gift to the world. Sean is brilliantly lackluster and has produced nothing of note, whereas julian has written and released several music albums. Once Yoko had Lennon in his pocket, julian vitually disappeared from Lennon's life(more-so that before). after Lennon was murdered The grand executrix,held Sean up to the media as Lennon's favorite son.If Julian's name came up,it was presented in in passing or in a bad light. She put many conditions on Julian that he had to meet before he was allowed to touch his birthright and, then she doled it out to him like an evil stepmother.
Bubba the Saint

Renton, WA

#22 Jan 7, 2010
PoPPoP wrote:
And while we're on the subject: Julian has always been pushed into the background, while Yoko holds sean up as John's great gift to the world. Sean is brilliantly lackluster and has produced nothing of note, whereas julian has written and released several music albums. Once Yoko had Lennon in his pocket, julian vitually disappeared from Lennon's life(more-so that before). after Lennon was murdered The grand executrix,held Sean up to the media as Lennon's favorite son.If Julian's name came up,it was presented in in passing or in a bad light. She put many conditions on Julian that he had to meet before he was allowed to touch his birthright and, then she doled it out to him like an evil stepmother.
Not too hard to figure why Julian doesn't much like her.She should of at least let him have first pick of John's guitars.
del

Ladera Ranch, CA

#23 Feb 17, 2010
regardless if she was a good person or bad.
you don't have to start with racial remarks. its messed up, and shows how ignorant and immature of a human being you are.
Turkalicious wrote:
She was just another gold digging piece of slag. Once she got her hooks into John Lennon, he never had another day of freedom. She tore him from his friends and family. She's still making billions on selling cheap shit bearing his name. You still see obnoxious photos of her with Lennon everywhere. I understand that in the end, he hated her.
Really, I think he wouldn't have moved here if it weren't for that slant-eyed bitch and then he'd still likely be alive.
Jasmine28

United States

#24 Feb 20, 2010
Why don't people hate may pang?
Because she was more attractive than Yoko?
People seriously hate this woman because they
think she is ugly and strange.
May Pang fed John Lennons drug habit.
Yoko kept him clean.
I feel for Cynthia and Julian although
John did not have much to do with Julian
even before Yoko came into the picture.
Poppa Jivebones

United States

#25 Feb 21, 2010
Jasmine28 wrote:
Why don't people hate may pang?
Because she was more attractive than Yoko?
People seriously hate this woman because they
think she is ugly and strange.
May Pang fed John Lennons drug habit.
Yoko kept him clean.
I feel for Cynthia and Julian although
John did not have much to do with Julian
even before Yoko came into the picture.
May Pang didn't want to have to fill in for Yoko when she decided to tell May Pang she had to take care of John while John was a drunk and often hairpulling rude drunkass to May Pang because of his poor ability to deal with his fame and his herion addictionn which Yoko shared with him.Poor May Pang was ordered around by Yoko and one day she just said I'm taking John back now like it or not that's the way Yoko controlled John.Pity John was not a guy who could make his own decisions clearly during this part of his life of being a loud mouth with his drinking buddy Harry Neilsen.He even heckled his friends Tom and Dicky Smoothers when he drank too much.I respect Lennon but not his letting Yoko bring her bed to abbey road and letting Yoko cause tension in the group that made the best music I ever heard.I have sense started liking Yoko after she started acting more Like Olivia Harrison instead of dragon cig smoking lady.
Evan

Clarksville, TN

#26 Feb 23, 2010
Poppa Jivebones shouldnt you be doing your homework instead of playing childish games on the internet .

“Best voice ever !”

Since: Mar 09

Devil's Hole

#27 Feb 23, 2010
I dont hate Yoko generally but she wasn't in the right place at the right time

She maybe was responsible of the Beatles break up at some point

Just wondering, despite Experts' confirmation that Chapman wasn't a good shooter,why Yoko wasn"t injured when John was shot?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 14 hr Octopus 12,836
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) Sat Lynne 14
The better Beatle: John Lennon or Paul McCartne... Dec 24 Greg 1
Flashback | John And Yoko's 1971 Holiday Gift F... Dec 20 Antonella Francesca 1
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Dec 20 Little monster 199
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Dec 15 shawnboushie 26
Who was the most talented Beatle in your opinion? (Nov '07) Nov '14 Greg 82
More from around the web