First Prev
of 2
Next Last
David

San Rafael, CA

#1 Aug 8, 2008
This is a great article from Beatles Unlimited. For those who don't know; Beatles Unlimited is one of the premier Beatles fan magazines and respected authorities on the group.

Here are 17 examples of how the Beatles have influenced HipHop/Rap:

EXAMPLE #1: Jay-Z and Linkin Park joined Paul McCartney on stage for the 2006 grammys for a rendition of The Beatles’“Yesterday.”
EXAMPLE #2: The Beastie Boys use no less than five Beatles samples on ‘Sounds of Science’ off their Pauls Boutique album
http://www.beastiemania.com/misc/3313.php
EXAMPLE #3: Here’s a link to a description of the Grey Album, an entire hip hop album based on the Beatles White Album:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Grey_Album
EXAMPLE #4: Delicious Vinyl sampled a bit from Paul McCartney’s “Band on the Run” record onto a Tone Loc album–which they later had to take off for legal reasons…
EXAMPLE #5: DJToast admitted that “In fairness The Beatles did pioneer studio techniques without which hip hop wouldn’t have been possible, in terms of (tape-based) sampling and looping.” The Beatles use of the Mellotron on “Strawberry Fields Forever” is recognized as the first time the technique of sampling was brought to the public consciousness.
EXAMPLE #6: Ringo, although not often given credit, originated bling-bling.
Example #7: Public Enemy recorded a track entitled “Psycho of Greed” for their album Revolverlution that contained a continuous looping sample from The Beatles’ track “Tomorrow Never Knows”.
EXAMPLE #8: JPL’s “Let It Be Missy Elliott (Beatlesmix)”
EXAMPLE #9: dj BC created The Beastles: Meet the Beastles
EXAMPLE #10: PPM’s “A Life In The Day”
Example #11-16:Hang All DJ’s Volume 5 “Tour Da Eleanor Rigby”(Head Traxx Inc.)
DMC “From Us To You Megamix”
Do Androids Dream Of Electric Beats?“Tomorrow Never Knows”
Prodigy Present: The Dirtchamber Sessions Volume One “Sergeant Pepper”(XL Recordings)
MashupTown have featured several Beatle’s mashups, including ones that mixed them with Shaggy and LeTigre
Loo and Placido mix with BEP/Ludacris/Kelis
EXAMPLE #17: Slick Rick along with many Hip Hop artists often site the Beatles as the group Hip Hop artists should pattern themselves after… http://www.odeo.com/audio/610940/view

http://www.beatles-unlimited.com/2007/02/18/t...

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#2 Aug 8, 2008
http://www.topix.com/afam

william your are such an idiot.

you think your smart with isps, but think again.

rap stinks...http://www.topix.net/ afam
David

San Rafael, CA

#3 Aug 8, 2008
awc wrote:
http://www.topix.net/afam
william your are such an idiot.
you think your smart with isps, but think again.
rap stinks...http://www.topix.net/ afam
AWC,

I am not William or anyone else. I am only David. I have never changed my isp. Please try to respect others in this forum and only post when you have something relevant and Beatles related to add to the discussion.

Thank you and God bless.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#4 Aug 8, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
AWC,
I am not William or anyone else. I am only David. I have never changed my isp. Please try to respect others in this forum and only post when you have something relevant and Beatles related to add to the discussion.
Thank you and God bless.
You talk about respect and God.
You need to hear your own words about respect.
You and william cannot fool us, you and he act too much alike.
When you respect us here and stop the judging, you will get respect, untill then, NO.
The God bless is worthless unless you mean it.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#5 Aug 8, 2008
only post when you have something relevant and Beatles related to add to the discussion.

Then David.....

What are you doing posting about rap on this forum.
David

San Rafael, CA

#6 Aug 8, 2008
awc wrote:
only post when you have something relevant and Beatles related to add to the discussion.
Then David.....
What are you doing posting about rap on this forum.
If you take the time to read the article from Beatles Unlimited that I posted you will see that it is related to the Beatles music. The title of the article is "How the Beatles Saved Rap."

"B.U. MAGAZINE" is a bimonthly magazine concerning everything connected with The Beatles, both as a group and as solo artists as well as their family members. Published in the Netherlands, BEATLES UNLIMITED MAGAZINE appears worldwide in the English language. With correspondents in over twenty countries and members in over 45 countries, the magazine is one of the world’s leading Beatles fanzines."

If you have not heard of it before, the publication is well worth checking out. I highly recommend it to all Beatlefanatics.

http://www.beatles-unlimited.com/about/

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#7 Aug 8, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take the time to read the article from Beatles Unlimited that I posted you will see that it is related to the Beatles music. The title of the article is "How the Beatles Saved Rap."
"B.U. MAGAZINE" is a bimonthly magazine concerning everything connected with The Beatles, both as a group and as solo artists as well as their family members. Published in the Netherlands, BEATLES UNLIMITED MAGAZINE appears worldwide in the English language. With correspondents in over twenty countries and members in over 45 countries, the magazine is one of the world’s leading Beatles fanzines."
If you have not heard of it before, the publication is well worth checking out. I highly recommend it to all Beatlefanatics.
http://www.beatles-unlimited.com/about/
After all you and william have done together, neither of you have any credibillity.
Had you both not trashed OUR forum, you might have been treated better.
Stop playing the innocent victim.
If your not William, then i suggest you end your partnership with him.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#8 Aug 8, 2008
Tell you what.
Since this is our forum we need to call a truce.
you post what you want and respect the threads of others and it will be fine.
whether your william or not it doesn't matter.
if we all respect each others threads, then all will be fine.
when william trashed our threads with that grey album mess, it was disrespectful to us and other readers.
from now on, let us respect each other.
David

San Rafael, CA

#9 Aug 8, 2008
AWC,

There is no more to discuss with you. You continue to fabricate fallacious and preposterous ideas about individuals. Nobody on this forum has been able to convince you of your misconceptions.

I am going to continue to enjoy a civil discourse about the Beatles on this very public forum. You can continue to threaten, accuse and intimidate the other posters all you want. I will no longer acknowledge your extreme racism, prejudice and hatred.

Suggesting that because I am black I only belong in the Topix African/American forum; how dare you!

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#10 Aug 8, 2008
David wrote:
AWC,
There is no more to discuss with you. You continue to fabricate fallacious and preposterous ideas about individuals. Nobody on this forum has been able to convince you of your misconceptions.
I am going to continue to enjoy a civil discourse about the Beatles on this very public forum. You can continue to threaten, accuse and intimidate the other posters all you want. I will no longer acknowledge your extreme racism, prejudice and hatred.
Suggesting that because I am black I only belong in the Topix African/American forum; how dare you!
You are a fool David, what can you do to me?
nothing.
You are nothing more than a hypocrit.
I tried to be nice, but you refused it.
I warn you to watch yourself.
You are the one who mentioned being black, not me.
HOW DARE YOU, TROLL.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#12 Aug 8, 2008
So right Toothless, David is playing the race card.
It's always about race and rap.
David or whatever it's name is, has came here and trashed our forum and then plays the innocent victim.
Nothing original, always copied and pasted from other sites.
Thanks Tooth, David needs a good talking.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#15 Aug 8, 2008
Toothless wrote:
<quoted text>
My kids just read my post and were offended by what i just said. So, it ain't about race! it's about what it is.
Please tell David it's not a race issue.
He thinks just because we talk about the Beatles, we are racist.
David has a lot to learn, but sadly he throws the race card in.
Shame on you David, you are not worthy to post on this forum.
And as I said before, if your not William, then why do you act so much like him?
Answer that.......
Azz-bomb

Los Angeles, CA

#16 Aug 8, 2008
wuzzup wich yo rassistass coments. yous all fools. beetles is dead. frank cinatra is dead. rap is here to stay. the brothas. THE BROTHAS!

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#17 Aug 8, 2008
Azz-bomb wrote:
wuzzup wich yo rassistass coments. yous all fools. beetles is dead. frank cinatra is dead. rap is here to stay. the brothas. THE BROTHAS!
Thanks azz-bomb, for proving my point.
Hi David.........kiss kiss....

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#20 Aug 8, 2008
Btw, DAVID why don't you go to a black forum that pushes traditionally white music if you can find one.
Oh wait who really created country music, come on DAVID please enlighten us.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#21 Aug 8, 2008
Azz-bomb wrote:
Great job William/David.
you never cease to amaze me.
Btw, what makes you think i'm white?
What if I am African American too?
BBB

Woods Cross, UT

#23 Aug 8, 2008
I don't know why anyone would think liking the Beatles would make one a "racist"...

And I think the assumption that a Beatles fan HAS to be white is a foolish one, William - slash - David.

Alot of rappers have been sampling the Beatles stuff lately because great music transcends things like racial boundaries.
Azz-bomb

Los Angeles, CA

#24 Aug 8, 2008
awc wrote:
<quoted text>Great job William/David.
you never cease to amaze me.
Btw, what makes you think i'm white?
What if I am African American too?
Yo cracker azz coud never pass fo no brotha. Pizz on yo beatles and yo frank senitra or whatever. Rap is here to stay. You music is dead. toothles must be yo brotha

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#25 Aug 8, 2008
BBB wrote:
I don't know why anyone would think liking the Beatles would make one a "racist"...
And I think the assumption that a Beatles fan HAS to be white is a foolish one, William - slash - David.
Alot of rappers have been sampling the Beatles stuff lately because great music transcends things like racial boundaries.
So right, William-David is right, one in the same.
As far as great music, that's why the rappers sample it.
William-David only seems to come here to troll, but he didnt expect us to catch him.

awc

“Pepperland”

Pepperland

#26 Aug 8, 2008
Azz-bomb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yo cracker azz coud never pass fo no brotha. Pizz on yo beatles and yo frank senitra or whatever. Rap is here to stay. You music is dead. toothles must be yo brotha
Thanks David.
Your right, I'm really sorry for your illness.
Please seek Dr. Robert.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) 23 hr RICK 12,809
John Lennon's 1980 Sunglasses: Still available? (Aug '08) Dec 15 shawnboushie 26
The year after the Beatles met E (Mar '14) Dec 8 Little monster 198
Who was the most talented Beatle in your opinion? (Nov '07) Nov 23 Greg 82
[News] Drake Passes The Beatles With Latest Bil... Nov 20 TheAfroHedgehog 3
Guitarist says McCartney hit 'crazy' high notes... Nov '14 Home By The Sea 3
Can you guess the 5 Beatles songs that Elvis Pr... Nov '14 Big mike 5
More from around the web