What are the best post-Beatles songs for a solo Beatles anthology ??

Jul 26, 2009 | Posted by: awc | Full story: answers.yahoo.com

I'm making a compilation CD of the best solo Beatles stuff from each of them . What are the best songs from each .

If you owned everything Beatles, but only wanted the best solo Beatles songs, what tracklist would make a great 1970-2009 anthology ??
Comments
1 - 20 of 55 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#1 Jul 26, 2009
1969--1975

Give peace a chance
Instant karma
Maybe i'm amazed
My sweet lord
What is life
Love
Another day
Power to the people
It don't come easy
Uncle albert/ admiral halsey
Imagine
Happy Christmas
Back off boogaloo
My love
Give me love
Live and let die
Photograph
Mind games
Your 16
Oh my my
Band on the run
Jet
Whatever gets you through the night
#9 dream
Junior's farm
Only you
No no song
Dark horse
Listen to what the man said

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#2 Jul 26, 2009
1976--1989

Silly love songs
Let em in
A dose of rock and roll
Crackerbox palace
Mull of kintyre
With a little luck
Blow away
Goodnight tonight
Coming up
{Just like} starting over
Woman
Watching the wheels
All those years ago
Wrack my brain
Ebony and ivory
Take it away
Say say say
Pipes of peace
Nobody told me
No more lonely nights
Got my mind set on you
When we was fab
Handle with care
My brave face
Cheer down

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#3 Jul 26, 2009
1990--2009

Weight of the world
Hope of deliverance
Beautiful night
King of broken hearts
Any road
Never without you
Fine line
Dance tonight
Liverpool 8

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#4 Jul 26, 2009
Looking back over this list, I might remove,
A dose of rock and roll and Handle with care.
Greg

Greece

#5 Jul 27, 2009
Great list my friend. Don't remove nothing.
Mel

Emeryville, CA

#6 Jul 27, 2009
I wouldn't put anything on the CD past 1972. The Beatles, to me, sounded less and less like the Beatles the further they got away from the breakup.

I would choose only from these albums.

1. All Things Must Pass
2. McCartney
3. Ram
4. Ringo
5. Imagine

That's about it. It was all down hill from there.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#7 Jul 27, 2009
Mel wrote:
I wouldn't put anything on the CD past 1972. The Beatles, to me, sounded less and less like the Beatles the further they got away from the breakup.
I would choose only from these albums.
1. All Things Must Pass
2. McCartney
3. Ram
4. Ringo
5. Imagine
That's about it. It was all down hill from there.
Those are great albums, but so are these.
George Harrison,Cloud Nine,Flaming Pie,Wals and Bridges,Time takes time,Vertical Man,Living in the Material world,Milk and Honey,Flowers in the dirt,Tug of war,Ringo Rama and Chaos and Creation.
Mel

Emeryville, CA

#8 Jul 27, 2009
awc wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are great albums, but so are these.
George Harrison,Cloud Nine,Flaming Pie,Wals and Bridges,Time takes time,Vertical Man,Living in the Material world,Milk and Honey,Flowers in the dirt,Tug of war,Ringo Rama and Chaos and Creation.
That's true. I was a bit harsh. I do like Tug of War, Flowers in the Dirt and Ringo Rama a lot. They don't sound as much like Beatles tracks as the early solo work. They are great in there own right though.

Actually, Ringo has done some pretty good albums lately.
Jack Zippy

Renton, WA

#9 Jul 27, 2009
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. I was a bit harsh. I do like Tug of War, Flowers in the Dirt and Ringo Rama a lot. They don't sound as much like Beatles tracks as the early solo work. They are great in there own right though.
Actually, Ringo has done some pretty good albums lately.
Ringo seems to have improved or he's getting better musicians to help him out.His next record is going to have some great players on it including Paul.

awc

“Pepperland”

Since: Dec 06

Pepperland

#10 Jul 27, 2009
Mel wrote:
<quoted text>
That's true. I was a bit harsh. I do like Tug of War, Flowers in the Dirt and Ringo Rama a lot. They don't sound as much like Beatles tracks as the early solo work. They are great in there own right though.
Actually, Ringo has done some pretty good albums lately.
Their early work was very Beatle-ish, it is a lot easier to make a Beatle's album from the solo tracks from 70 to 72- ish.
Ringo surprised everyone with Ringo Rama,and I hope his new album will be great too.
Reverend Flash

West Orange, NJ

#11 Jul 28, 2009
awc wrote:
Looking back over this list, I might remove,
A dose of rock and roll and Handle with care.
And 'Dance Tonight'. REMOVE IT! It makes 'Hope Of Deliverance' sound like 'Band On The Run'.
jules

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Aug 25, 2010
i thought the same thing about "dance tonight" till i heard it live. i would add "young boy".
AWC

Garland, TX

#14 Aug 25, 2010
jules wrote:
i thought the same thing about "dance tonight" till i heard it live. i would add "young boy".
It does sound pretty good live,and yea Jules, Young Boy is a great track, one of the best off Flaming Pie.
Jeff Walker

Toronto, Canada

#15 Nov 3, 2010
I've written a whole book on the subject:
'Let's Put the Beatles Together Again 1970-2010: How to Assemble & Appreciate the 2nd Half of the Beatles' Legacy'

Go to Amazon.com/books and in search box type 'Beatles 1970-2010'

Cheers
Greg

Athens, Greece

#17 Nov 3, 2010
Jeff Walker wrote:
I've written a whole book on the subject:
'Let's Put the Beatles Together Again 1970-2010: How to Assemble & Appreciate the 2nd Half of the Beatles' Legacy'
Go to Amazon.com/books and in search box type 'Beatles 1970-2010'
Cheers
That has to be very interesting and original Mr. Walker, thank you. And we have to congratulate our friend here, Allan, who also had the idea.
Greg

Athens, Greece

#18 Nov 3, 2010
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>That has to be very interesting and original Mr. Walker, thank you. And we have to congratulate our friend here, Allan, who also had the idea.
I meant that he had posted before this thread his list.
Ernie Tuborg

Kenmore, WA

#19 Nov 3, 2010
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>That has to be very interesting and original Mr. Walker, thank you. And we have to congratulate our friend here, Allan, who also had the idea.
I'll drink to that idea matter of fact I'll have a tuborg beer.
Mike V

Newark, NJ

#20 Mar 2, 2011
here is a website that has been up for years.

http://www.beatlemoney.com/sliderindex.htm
Allan

Dallas, TX

#21 Mar 2, 2011
Very cool site Mike V, thanks for posting this.
Stephen

Bellingham, WA

#22 May 15, 2011
We're just havin' fun here right? Good then, here we go.

1. Instant Karma (Lennon)
2. My Sweet Lord (Harrison)
3. Every Night (McCartney)
4. Maybe I'm Amazed (McCartney)
5. It Don't Come Easy (Starr)
6. I's Have You Anytime (Harrison)
7. Oh My Love (Lennon)
8. Imagine (Lennon)
9. Give Me Love (Harrison)
10. Heart Of The Country (McCartney)
11.#9 Dream (Lennon)
12. No No Song (Starr)
13. Letting Go (McCartney)
14. Treat Her Gently-Lonely Old People (McCartney)
15. Blow Away (Harrison)
16. Woman (Lennon)
17. Put It There (McCartney)
18. Real Love (Beatles)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) 6 hr Nave Spelled Back... 20
The Walrus Was Wrong; Paul is Alive and Well Tue Kid_Tomorrow 2
150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Aug 25 Octopus 12,754
The year after the Beatles met E Aug 22 ElvisGirl1970 173
Beatles Las Vegas Aug 20, 1964 (Jan '06) Aug 20 Greg 32
Women of the Beatles Aug 19 Greg 1
11 Things You Probably Didn't Know About The Be... Aug 5 Greg 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

The Beatles People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••