McCartney escapes death

McCartney escapes death

There are 89 comments on the WIAT-TV Birmingham story from Nov 11, 2012, titled McCartney escapes death. In it, WIAT-TV Birmingham reports that:

Sir Paul McCartney attends the Stella McCartney Spring / Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 1, 2012 in Paris, France.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIAT-TV Birmingham.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#95 Jan 4, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for the Bee Gees since I'm not a big fan, but I think Fleetwood Mac is doing pretty good. They may not have lots of gold or platinum records, but they do have a lot of hits. And their album Rumors, is considered one of the best rock albums ever. Plus, they still sellout arenas, so their still very successful. Now, whether or not they will be popular years after their dead, remains to be seen, but I think people will still be listening to them.
I bought "Rumors" a few years back and the remastering job was horrible. I couldn't even listen to it so I gave it to an ex girlfriend. Stevie Nicks looks old today. I don't think I'd bother seeing them live. They were better when they were younger back in their seventies period. The songs don't have the same feeling they once had when it was on seventies radio. I remember how good it was when it was new. Even The Bee Gees but too many years have passed, really. I think it was because I became a metal head as a teen in the eighties. That has even died out. It is old music and my passion for it has died. I just find it boring. Of course, I still like a few of my all time favorites like The Doors. They never got old. The Doors still sound awesome to me. Elvis is a lot like that.
Bubba

Renton, WA

#96 Jan 4, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, Bubba. Elvis fans were the ones that recorded Elvis from the audience at his many live shows. No, the bootlegs can't go gold or platinum but those kinds of releases are what I like because they are mostly made from fans that care like The Beatle boots. I'm really not sure why the rearranged Elvis Christmas album did so well in sales this year. I don't buy what I already have. So Fleetwood Mac are still playing? I was mentioning them because they were the hottest band around when Elvis died in 1977. They can't be compared to Elvis. I mean, every decade changes into the next, right? Elvis and The Beatles were still the biggest legends that rock has produced. There is really no contest. I find it amazing that Elvis is still getting and racking up gold and platinum albums at this late date. I never expected him to, Bubba.
Yeah people still love the heck out of Elvis and so it's no wonder they still buy Elvis records.Nobody compares to Elvis or the Beatles. Rolling Stones are probably the closest.I was surprised in 1995 When Anthology came out how well it sold but like Elvis, Beatle fans are die hards too I guess.Last time I saw RAIN the Beatle tribute there were kids and people in their late 60's there enjoying it just as much as me.

Location hidden

#97 Jan 4, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah people still love the heck out of Elvis and so it's no wonder they still buy Elvis records.Nobody compares to Elvis or the Beatles. Rolling Stones are probably the closest.I was surprised in 1995 When Anthology came out how well it sold but like Elvis, Beatle fans are die hards too I guess.Last time I saw RAIN the Beatle tribute there were kids and people in their late 60's there enjoying it just as much as me.
I have no problem with Beatle productions like "Rain" or "Love" It seems to work better for The Beatles than for Elvis. I really hate the Elvis impersonator thing and would get rid of them if I could. But there is very little that can be done about it. I find it to be an insulting stereotype of the Elvis fan. I'm a rock collector of my favorites from the rock era. Elvis just seems to be never ending because I enjoy hearing different performances. I've gotten some of the best Elvis boots most recently. It puts me there and it is fun to hear something I've never heard before.
chris

United States

#99 Jan 6, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that's great when you get to hear something from one of your favorites that you've never heard before. I wonder if BadFinger has any unreleased stuff in a vault some where? They were underrated and had lot of talent with a jerk rip off manager.
Yeah I agree Bubba, Badfinger were extremely underrated. They were the best thing to come out of the whole Apple records fiasco. I think all of their music was recently remastered & rereleased with unreleased bonus tracks, you should be able to find it on Amazon.
chris

United States

#100 Jan 6, 2013
Hey Octo, we have something in common, I was also a metal head back in the 80s. Although I still listen to it ocassionally, I always go back to the oldies & classic rock, It is & always will be a permanent part of my life.
ohoh

Sugar Grove, IL

#101 Jan 6, 2013
So is McCartney still breathing?
WTF!!!!!
chris

United States

#102 Jan 6, 2013
ohoh wrote:
So is McCartney still breathing?
WTF!!!!!
Yes, McCartney is still alive, but he had a brush with death last year. Read the whole article for the complete story.
ohoh

Sugar Grove, IL

#103 Jan 6, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, McCartney is still alive, but he had a brush with death last year. Read the whole article for the complete story.
BS.

Location hidden

#106 Jan 7, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks Chris. I'd like to hear a Badfinger bootleg or unreleased songs from them.
I happen to have one boot from Badfinger called:

"The Ultimate Stereo Live Album Vol 1" from 1990.

It is a selection of live soundboards and BBC performances.

The boot was made by Vigotone, which also did Beatles boots.

I'm afraid the sound wasn't perfect but it is still pretty decent.

I certainly think the bootleggers do a better job with The Beatles.

Badfinger is very difficult to find on import.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are they still so popular? Feb 9 TabuMin 1
News 150 Best Selling Artists in the World! (Dec '08) Jan '18 RICK 12,905
News When Hershey closed the chocolate plant, mariju... Jan '18 whod ever thought eh 1
News Top StoryRingo Starr, Bee Gee Barry Gibb tapped... Dec '17 Appears That Way 1
News Paul McCarthy: Going Vegan Is The Best Way To G... Dec '17 nat 2
Why do people hate Asparagus ? (Jan '10) Nov '17 MrDinosaurGuy 24
News Beatles statues are tons of fun except for one ... Oct '17 Break Farts 5
More from around the web