McCartney escapes death

There are 89 comments on the WIAT-TV Birmingham story from Nov 11, 2012, titled McCartney escapes death. In it, WIAT-TV Birmingham reports that:

Sir Paul McCartney attends the Stella McCartney Spring / Summer 2013 show as part of Paris Fashion Week on October 1, 2012 in Paris, France.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIAT-TV Birmingham.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#70 Dec 29, 2012
Greg wrote:
I mixed it up, sorry. Mr. Nichopoulos was a fine doctor. And close to Elvis. You see, I am not very familiar with Elvis' story.
Dr Nick wasn't a fine doctor. Do not like him.

Location hidden

#71 Dec 29, 2012
Greg wrote:
Octo, by the way, I own Elvis' sun recordings(not only those, of course). Remarkable stuff. And even my late Grand Mother liked him. My Mother and many relatives and friends are fans, as well. And you know what she told me sometime(My Granny)? "His wife ruined his life". I think that she meant that after Priscilla he got very depressed. So, you see I'm his fan, too. Alright, I'm into the Beatles more, but that doesn't mean anything. We can discuss in a friendly way. And the fact that we may have arguments again doesn't mean that we can't learn from each other. In many topics.
I like the concept of how Elvis's Sun recordings took something old and made something new from it. Very different than anyone else was doing at the time. Yes, Priscilla leaving him depressed Elvis. He truly loved her and wanted her to give him another chance to make it right. He had a lot of regrets. She was cold to him, man.

Location hidden

#72 Dec 29, 2012
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fire Down Below" wasn't the Bob Seger song but an original tune his bass player wrote. Elvis was supposed to do a vocal to it on Halloween, 1976 but only completed the song, "He'll Have To Go" I think it was another Dobie Gray song that he wanted to try but Elvis decided that his performance wasn't strong enough. Elvis went to Nashville in the first month of 1977 to record but never left his room. He was distracted by Ginger. The best version of "Unchained Melody" on soundboard was on "Burning In Birmingham" 12-29-76. Great show.
The Dobie Gray song that Elvis wanted to try was a song called, "We Had It All" I wouldn't have minded Elvis doing "Drift Away" I think it would've been awesome. I've read that Elvis once did "My Sweet Lord" in rehearsal in 1971, but so far...it hasn't shown up.

Location hidden

#73 Dec 29, 2012
Greg wrote:
<quoted text>It's your right and anyone's right to like what you want. Please, it's very harsh to attack at dead people who gave us so great music. Elvis died that way, George that way. We can not judge their way of life and-much worse-the way they died. I believe if all were alive, they would make some shows or a record together. I sympathise Elvis the same as I sympathise George and John. Too bad he died that way and so young. As for Ono, my opinion is that she had nothing to do with Beatles' music. She had better to stay at home and prepare the dinner. But, Lennon wanted her with him all the time. And Elvis should have been more cautious with Dr. Nicholopoulos I think it was his name. I feel that I have to apologise because he was Greek. Sorry.
Hey, Greg. Do you think that I'm going to just sit here and say nothing as he attacks my artist? I know The Beatles very well and I can easily sting right back at him. The Beatles were far from perfect and I can get very mean also. I'm sick of idiots putting down Elvis. I've heard it for over 30 years, you know.
Elvis killed his Twin

Rochester, NY

#74 Dec 30, 2012
Octo-mom, are you the Fool on the Hill, or just a Nowhere Man?

Nope your theme song is I'm a Loser !!!!!!!!!
chris

United States

#76 Dec 30, 2012
Hey Octo, how's it going buddy, hope you had a good Christmas. I have a suggestion for you. Whenever any of these Elvis haters start attacking him, just ignore them & don't give them the satisfaction of your response. I mean let's face it Elvis & The Beatles were far from perfect. But, it just seems like a waste of time to hurl insults about them. We're suppose to be learning about our musical heroes, not insulting them. So, let's try to eliminate the haters by not giving them the time of day.

Location hidden

#77 Dec 30, 2012
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>That would be very rare and worth some bucks if anyone finds a recording of it. I think Elvis liked George Harrison's music more than John's or Paul's. I doubt Elvis would of ever done Imagine or maybe I'm amazed.No way would he ever done Instant Karma. LOL
When George met with Elvis backstage at MSG in 1972, Elvis told him that he liked him and Paul the best. He never mentioned John but didn't put him down either. Elvis was a gentleman. He never tried to get John Lennon deported, Bubba. Tom Jones was the source in which Elvis heard negative stuff on John. I could understand why Elvis would like "My Sweet Lord" and often wonder if it had been recorded. It was a Las Vegas rehearsal in 1971 and it is in my sessions book. Elvis was thinking about doing it live but for some reason, it never made an appearance.

Location hidden

#78 Dec 30, 2012
chris wrote:
Hey Octo, how's it going buddy, hope you had a good Christmas. I have a suggestion for you. Whenever any of these Elvis haters start attacking him, just ignore them & don't give them the satisfaction of your response. I mean let's face it Elvis & The Beatles were far from perfect. But, it just seems like a waste of time to hurl insults about them. We're suppose to be learning about our musical heroes, not insulting them. So, let's try to eliminate the haters by not giving them the time of day.
Yeah, I guess you have a point. It is very childish of me but it is because I'm passionate about my artist. Unfair attacks on Elvis. However, Elvis's whole life was music. Very well documented day by day. If the fool from Rochester is jealous of Elvis, that is his problem. The Beatles can be trashed as well. I'm sick of obnoxious idiots thinking that they can say anything they want about Elvis and believing that I can't attack The Beatles or the four of them in return. Not right. I'll do my best to ignore the dude but I can not promise you that I'll behave.
chris

United States

#81 Dec 31, 2012
Hey Octo, I have another point to make about the haters. I think the only reason they do it, is to piss us off. Let's not let them have that kind of power over us. I totally understand your passion for Elvis. But, if you can refrain from responding, maybe these trolls will go somewhere else.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#83 Jan 2, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, Greg. Do you think that I'm going to just sit here and say nothing as he attacks my artist? I know The Beatles very well and I can easily sting right back at him. The Beatles were far from perfect and I can get very mean also. I'm sick of idiots putting down Elvis. I've heard it for over 30 years, you know.
Elvis was a fat tub of talentless goo and spent the last last 15 minutes of his life trying squeeze another fan club member out of his ass.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#84 Jan 2, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, I guess you have a point. It is very childish of me but it is because I'm passionate about my artist. Unfair attacks on Elvis. However, Elvis's whole life was music. Very well documented day by day. If the fool from Rochester is jealous of Elvis, that is his problem. The Beatles can be trashed as well. I'm sick of obnoxious idiots thinking that they can say anything they want about Elvis and believing that I can't attack The Beatles or the four of them in return. Not right. I'll do my best to ignore the dude but I can not promise you that I'll behave.
Only trailer park trash like Elvis. That is when they're not drinking themselves into a stupor and beating their wives.
Besara

Des Moines, IA

#85 Jan 2, 2013
chris wrote:
More single-wide mentality from a double-wide ass.
troll patrol

Everett, WA

#86 Jan 2, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>Elvis was a fat tub of talentless goo and spent the last last 15 minutes of his life trying squeeze another fan club member out of his ass.
This type of trolling will not be tolerated so just go back undreneath the troll bridge and stay there until you have something wise to say.
chris

United States

#87 Jan 2, 2013
Besara wrote:
<quoted text>More single-wide mentality from a double-wide ass.
I'm not going to play your game troll. If you can't be decent & respectful, then get the F**K out of here.

Location hidden

#88 Jan 2, 2013
chris wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not going to play your game troll. If you can't be decent & respectful, then get the F**K out of here.
He is just jealous of a dead guy because he'll never be a legend.

He doesn't have to like Elvis.

But like it or not, Elvis is still going strong.

Not many can say that 35 years after their deaths.

Where are bands like The Bee Gees or Fleetwood Mac?

Or most of the hair bands.

Yet, Elvis still gets gold and platinum awards every year.

They can kiss my ass.
Bubba

Everett, WA

#89 Jan 2, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
They can kiss my ass.
Fleetwood Mac are playing in Tacoma next month but without Christie Mcvee. Only one Bee Gee alive but Vegas has a Tribute act now.

Location hidden

#90 Jan 2, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>Fleetwood Mac are playing in Tacoma next month but without Christie Mcvee. Only one Bee Gee alive but Vegas has a Tribute act now.
When was the last time Fleetwood Mac or Bee Gees awarded gold or platinum awards? They were both the biggest groups in the world when Elvis died in 1977. Elvis still gets awarded new gold and platinum every year. He is close to 175.
chris

United States

#92 Jan 3, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
They can kiss my ass.
That's right Octo, let these fools say what they want. It doesn't change the fact that Elvis is still extremely popular, & his music is timeless.
chris

United States

#93 Jan 3, 2013
octo wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the last time Fleetwood Mac or Bee Gees awarded gold or platinum awards? They were both the biggest groups in the world when Elvis died in 1977. Elvis still gets awarded new gold and platinum every year. He is close to 175.
I can't speak for the Bee Gees since I'm not a big fan, but I think Fleetwood Mac is doing pretty good. They may not have lots of gold or platinum records, but they do have a lot of hits. And their album Rumors, is considered one of the best rock albums ever. Plus, they still sellout arenas, so their still very successful. Now, whether or not they will be popular years after their dead, remains to be seen, but I think people will still be listening to them.

Location hidden

#94 Jan 4, 2013
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text> Well Octo Fleetwood Mac and the Bee Gees were never in the same league as King Elvis. As far as still getting gold and platinum awards that type of stuff doesn't mean crap to me.What matters is that Fleetwood Mac are still touring and if the Bee Gees were still alive they might still be touring also.I kind of doubt Elvis would still be doing Vegas if he were alive but who knows for sure. Elvis did try to hang onto his fame and fortune and push himself which is what killed him along with the over indulgence of food and drugs.Even if he does still get awarded gold or platinum he isn' around to know it and it goes to his Estate who Lisa Marie probably gets most of.I don't feel the need to put Elvis or anyone else up on a pedistal. Just enjoy them and keep looking for rare bootlegs that never get gold or platinum ratings.
I'm not sure what you are trying to say, Bubba. Elvis fans were the ones that recorded Elvis from the audience at his many live shows. No, the bootlegs can't go gold or platinum but those kinds of releases are what I like because they are mostly made from fans that care like The Beatle boots. I'm really not sure why the rearranged Elvis Christmas album did so well in sales this year. I don't buy what I already have. So Fleetwood Mac are still playing? I was mentioning them because they were the hottest band around when Elvis died in 1977. They can't be compared to Elvis. I mean, every decade changes into the next, right? Elvis and The Beatles were still the biggest legends that rock has produced. There is really no contest. I find it amazing that Elvis is still getting and racking up gold and platinum albums at this late date. I never expected him to, Bubba.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

The Beatles Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Get over this wife-beating poseur 38 min Greg 14
News Jackson Gallagher Training For Charity Triathlon May 13 Jailhouse Rock 4
the beatles children and grandchildren (Mar '08) May 12 Greg 18
News Who Is The Greatest Rock N Roll Band? [POLL] (Dec '12) May 10 mats sweden 11
News Comment: You can't measure the magic of the Bea... May 9 Greg 1
News Beatles, stones eclipsed by hip-hop impact May 8 Sterkfontein Swar... 1
Poll I trash other posters and call myself the victim May 6 Mel William 1
More from around the web